All mjc519's Comments

News Pics from X-Men: First Class (Article) - 5/27/2011 4:32:17 PM

That concept drawing is a total ripoff of Emma Peel!  Diana Rigg deserves some royalties for that.  And she was still great as the late Mrs. Bond.  Ms. Jones is actractive but still a bit on the skinny side.  I hope you don't break her pelvis after she has turned you "diamond hard" jfdavis.

6 Films Where the Critics Were Wrong (Article) - 5/26/2011 5:01:18 PM

Great List! BTILC, Clue, The Thing & The Shining were are all movies I can watch all of the time. Rocky suffers from being overly played by VH1 and other networks. Other over looked films that should be on the list are Dark City, Gattaca, The Thirteenth Floor and Stir of Echoes. The latter two being outshined by The Matrix & Sixth Sense respectively.

Good call StonedtoDeath on critics over analyzing Like SarcasticCaveman said, critics were harsh on It‘s A Wonderful Life. Hell, critics were divided on A Christmas Story!

How about a list of movies that screwed over better genre films? Ordinary People over The Elephant Man, although that may not qualify has genre? Gandhi was good, but E.T. was better. Rain Man’s runners up were not as deserving as Big or Who Framed Roger Rabbi!

While not technically a genre films, The Right Stuff & WarGames were in another stratosphere over Terms of Endearment. Drving Miss Daisy should have lost to Cinema Paradiso which was better than The Abyss but both outshone it. Even the first two years that LOTR were screwed over in favor of A Beautiful Mind & Chicago! The only good thing about Chicago was Catherine Zeta-Jones’ outfits!

Bane Revealed for Dark Knight Rises (Article) - 5/22/2011 12:12:19 AM

Dude there is no way we'd get raptured before Captain America, Avengers and this!

Bane Revealed for Dark Knight Rises (Article) - 5/20/2011 6:38:35 PM

MovieGuy, if that's you after your workout, is the mask because your ugly?  Just kiddin man. Figured I'd get it out of the way.  This makes me want to play Batman: Arkham Asylum again.  Any buddy else play that game?

Smallville: Series Finale Review (Article) - 5/15/2011 1:08:15 PM

I'm with you Joe.  Watching this made me quote Cartman in the Humancentiipad episode.  " Can I borrow your lipstick mom.  Because I want to atleast look pretty if yoiur going to f*** me!"  B ut unlike you, I hope the writers get sodomized with a red hot poker.

Elizabeth Sladen 1948-2011 (Article) - 4/20/2011 4:11:06 PM

This is just the sadest news I've had in a while.  I grew watching the Tom Baker years on PBS and just re-watched the episode School Reunion last night..  I'll miss the beutiful, talented actress.

Deathly Hallows 2 Featurette Online (Article) - 3/18/2011 9:13:57 AM

No Violator.  He wins and lives.

Deathly Hallows 2 Featurette Online (Article) - 3/18/2011 9:11:26 AM

After Thor this is one I'm definitly going to watch opeining day.  Then it's just a wait until Capt. America.

5 Characters You'd Want to Have a Drink With (Article) - 3/17/2011 5:37:45 PM

Where is Wolverine?  He should be number 1.  No complaints about Bogie thoug.  I think a Raiders ere Marion would be better to have a drink with than Indie.  They should have made this a 20 entry list and added Shaft, Jack Butron, Capt. Jack Sparrow, Bond, Capt. Kirk and Scotty.

Mania's Mediocre Madness: Star Wars Region (Article) - 3/17/2011 5:29:06 PM

I love that you guys mention Battle Beyond The Stars & Ice Pirates.  But where is Krull?!  I don't think this is the right spot for Tron Legacy.  But all of the best movies in this tournament are right here in this bracket.

MJC519'S MANIACAL PERSONA