All mjc519's Comments

<<  <  3 4 5 6 7 >  >>

CAPTAIN AMERICA Casting Soon (Article) - 2/6/2010 1:04:33 AM

If you recall the original story,  Steve Rogers was born on July 4, 1917 in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, New York City, to Irish immigrants Sarah and Joseph Rogers.

Don't believe me:

So yes, the parralel applies.  That's what they are going with.   If they were going with Isaiah Bradley then yes would have to cast an African American.

As for Michael C. Hall, I didn't say it was impossible but it's a stretch for me.  I'd have to see him in a role more physical not just cold & calculating.  Plus he's to well known as Dexter.  I'd be cool with Thomas Jane.  He was completely screwed after he kicked but as Frank Castle.  MM would command to much money.  Plus, every role you see the stoner he has played before.  I thought he did on okay job in Sahara but Clive Cussler sure didn't.  Skarsgard might be able to pull it off.

CAPTAIN AMERICA Casting Soon (Article) - 2/5/2010 9:44:57 PM

Als, to correct people, it's not racist to want an American, byut it is xenophobic to think that's the only way it could be.  Remember, English people originally complained about  Connery when he was cast as Bond because he is Scottish and not David Niven.  Then they complained about Lazenby before they saw the movie because he is Australian.  Connery ofcourse proved people wrong, and Lazenby pulled together solid performance but people still complain because he wasn't Connery.

CAPTAIN AMERICA Casting Soon (Article) - 2/5/2010 9:36:23 PM

I think Michael C. Hall is reaching man.  Plus he has just gotten over luekema.  Good luck to him.    The parrellel I was mentionede is mentality that Hollywood as used before to change things.  Remember what Ron Moore said about changing Starbuck.  "Well, thetre are female fighter pilots now so I don't see a problem with the change."

CAPTAIN AMERICA Casting Soon (Article) - 2/5/2010 5:17:04 PM

Also, since this is Steve Rodgers, we have to eliminate an African American Actor.  How big of a slap in the face would it be if they made a Black Panther movie but turn him into a South African of Dutch or German descent?

CAPTAIN AMERICA Casting Soon (Article) - 2/5/2010 5:14:17 PM

RDJ fits in well enough with Iron Man because in some story lines you see go physically & mentally due to Stark's alcohloism.  And since, they are going with the ORIGIN fo Captian America, they need to go younger than 46.  And has for Jackman being to tall, I agree, he is.  But the rest of the character right.  Can you honestly name some actor of the ideal build, age & acting chops to play Wolverine better tan Jackman has?  I had no bones with Michael Clarke Duncan playing Kingpin.  In different artists works, the shading left it open for the Kingpin to be any race, though likely the stereotypical olive skinned Italian.

CAPTAIN AMERICA Casting Soon (Article) - 2/4/2010 10:01:33 PM

Hulkster...The actor your thinking of is Travis Van Winkle.  Oddly enough, his character in Transformers was also named Trent.  He is abut the right age (27) andnot widely known so he won't command big bucks.  He might be able to grow into the role.  Remeber guys, this is poteintal franchise on it's own not counting the Avengers crossover.

CAPTAIN AMERICA Casting Soon (Article) - 2/4/2010 3:26:32 PM

John Cena, has the look of Cap, but isn't a good enough actor!  Plus, you won't be seeing Captian America, you'd just see John Cena.

CAPTAIN AMERICA Casting Soon (Article) - 2/4/2010 3:24:24 PM

Ryan McPartlin would have to be my number.  He has the look much like the actress who plays Ellie on Chuck, Sarah Lancaster,  looks like Wonder Woman. Tahmoh Penikett would be an okay choice.  Good size for the role, and a good enough actor.  I like Jensen Ackles, but he doesn't have the physical stature to play Cap.  Same for Chris Pine, just leave him has Kirk. Alan Tyduck just wouldn't be right.  He's a solid actor, but no. Mark Valley is to old, he's 46 now, so that's just too old for poteintal franchise.  MM, has never been able top Wooderson from Dazed & Confused.

A-TEAM's B.A. Baracus Found? (Article) - 9/8/2009 11:44:14 PM

Well, I can sat this is way better than the idea of Ice Cube.  Can anybody really believe Cube serving in the military?  Plus he has totally lost all cred doing those kiddy flicks with annoying titals.  ARE WE THERE YET? for the ove of God.  I miss gangsta rap Cube.

Hey, what about The Fugitive?  That was a good remake of a classic tv series.

Peter Berg Talks DUNE (Article) - 8/6/2009 9:19:00 PM

I too agree with Wise.  Berg is a good solid filmmaker.  The Rundown is a fun movie and he did an amazing job with his cousin's book Friday Night Lights.  But Dune is too hard to do right.  I coulnd't stand the way they shot the Dune miniseries with all the play like asides, although the did a better job with Children of Dune, and Lynch's Dune missed many elements from the book but was still decent.  If it's not done right to many people will be crying.  I still love the Dune reference on the first season of Chuck, episode "Chuck vs. the Sandworm"

"All Hail Shi Halud!"