All monkeyfoot's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 5,153

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/26/2014 11:42:02 AM

There's video online of Henry Cavill and Amy Adams doing the ALS Ice Bucket challenge. Cavill is in full Superman gear and takes multiple bucket fulls like a Kryptonian.

Mania Terrors: Young Frankenstein (Article) - 8/26/2014 6:31:17 AM

Could be worse.....could be raining! (Thunderclap)

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/25/2014 1:27:17 PM

I think Sin City 2 did bad because it was all technique and little substance. It was all the unusual harsh film noir FX look. I haven't seen the newest but after I saw the first I thought it was great FX work to re-create the look of the comic but seeing and hearing actual actors say the lines felt rather flat. I didn't care about anybody or anything that happened. I just thought it was nice FXs. Perhaps audiences felt the same way, too. It would make for a cool music video but I don't want to pay to see it for 90 minutes on the big screen.

Mania Box Office Report: Guardians Back on Top (Article) - 8/25/2014 6:35:03 AM

SC2's bad box office can't be blamed on a stolen video version online like Expendables 3. The public seems to have said that either the original idea was interesting enough but they don't need to see it again or it has been way too long to latch onto the interest the first one caused.

Mania Review: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Article) - 8/22/2014 8:44:51 AM

I was never a fan of the first one. It was a great piece of FX work re-creating the look of the comic but story-wise I really couldn't care about the situations or the characters. Caring about the people and feeling for them is a big part of movies for me. That felt like a long Vimeo FX demo reel.

Saying that, I'm intrigued by how Rodriguez has said he takes great advantage of 3D, so it makes me curious. I'd have to see it in the theater to find out.

Remo Williams Remake Coming From Sony (Article) - 8/21/2014 1:04:21 PM

At last!!!! I've wanted this for so long. With the right actors this will work. Remo and Chuin are two quirky characters that would work great as a team in action movies. And despite the political incorrectness of casting Joel Grey as the Korean martial arts master his performance was the best thing about the first movie.

I remember that interview you guys did with Warren Murphy. He is an odd and slightly scary fellow.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 8/21/2014 10:04:42 AM

There is a really funny first hand account on Filmdrunk of the blog writer stumbling across the Ant-Man filming in San Francisco. Lots of shots of set equipment and props.

Are you S.H.I.E.L.D. or HYDRA material? (Article) - 8/20/2014 2:18:44 PM

Who has the better chow?

Jungle Book: Origins Cast Balloons (Article) - 8/20/2014 2:17:56 PM

I think the Serkis version is supposed to be darker in tone while the Disney is well, Disney.

First Look: New Superman Suit Spotted! (Article) - 8/20/2014 2:15:46 PM

It will depend on how they set the colors when they go to editing. It might not stay so bright.

But they may keep him bright to contrast with Batman to show the difference in their points of view. Superman is bright and optimistic while Bats is dark, brooding and prepares for the worst.

MONKEYFOOT'S MANIACAL PERSONA