All monkeyfoot's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 4,725

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Providence Review (Article) - 4/16/2014 11:48:15 AM

Another enjoyable episode. For the past few shows they always seem like the season ending cliffhanger episode. You are almost surprised when they show previews for next week. I have a feeling niothing radical will get fixed this season, just more problems coming up, like the escaped prisoners causing problems or gravitonium tearing up a town.

I assume Ward got to the Canadian base in one of your standard super fast jets everybody seems to be able to fly in this show.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 4/16/2014 10:53:26 AM

On the CBS Sunday Morning website there is a great video on stunt people in the movies. They talk about the history and a specific section on CA:TWS and Chris Evans stunt double rehearsing a big fight scene with Winter Soldier. They also interview Lynda Carter's double for the Wonder Woman TV show. Just google CBS All in a day's work for movie stunt people.

I think alot of the usual guys are busy with family stuff right now for Easter.

X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST - Official Final Trailer (Article) - 4/16/2014 6:53:07 AM

I was reluctant to watch anymore DOFP footage because I don't want to spoil it for myself but I love this trailer. It lets anyone who has no knowledge of the comic know the basic story. I also really love the use of Led Zeppelin's Kashmir as the music.

The changes -Beast blue and not blue, Xavier walking and not walking- might be because Wolverine may be creating alternate timelines where things change. That is only speculation on my part.

I'm there opening weekend!!!

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 4/15/2014 10:42:31 AM

Then obviously we need more gay superheroes to keep this thread going.

What about the Warriors Three? They hang around each other way too much. While Thor smooches Jane and Sif pines over Thor, Fandral, Hogun, and Volstag are into a nasty threesome.

Meanwhile Heimdall just watches. He always likes to watch.

Mania Box Office Report: Captain America 2 over Rio 2 (Article) - 4/14/2014 8:46:37 AM

I think this is basically a tie between CA and Rio2.  The difference of a few million doesn't mean much on the level they are working at. I never consider it a competition in my head between the movies to stay number one. I only want the movies I like to end up doing well. Still....in my heart I'm happy CA is still number one.

Game of Thrones: The Lion and The Rose Review (Article) - 4/14/2014 8:42:47 AM

Great episode! I also haven't read any of the books so I wasn't expecting anything big to happen in this one. This sort of keeps with Martin's odeas that anything can happen. The comic book justice part of me was hoping he would receive some slow agonizing punishment at the hands of one of those vying for the throne ( I really wanted Khaleesi to have her dragons slowing rip him to shreds). But that's not how the author does his stuff.

I'm sure Margaery is behind this. She has been seducing the king while at the same time showing a horro at what he does.

Jack Gleeson, the young actor who plays Joffrey, is quitting acting after this, at least for awhile. He's been acting since he was 8 and decided that when it became a job and not fun it was tme to leave. A great way to go out.

25 Moments X-Men: Days of Future Past (Article) - 4/14/2014 7:30:55 AM

Really excited for this but I ain't lookin' at no mo footage.

Baz Luhrmann to Direct Kung Fu? (Article) - 4/13/2014 3:19:33 PM

I like what Blank said. It puts the show in a cultural context on why it was a big and influential show.

Baz Luhrmann to Direct Kung Fu? (Article) - 4/13/2014 7:08:21 AM

Loved this! For those interested you can find original episodes on YouTube.

The Expanse Coming to SyFy (Article) - 4/13/2014 6:47:01 AM

Never read any of the books but know their rep. So glad to read this.  The new exec in charge at SyFy has made a conscious effort to move away from reality shows and B horror movies and I'm so happy. There are a load of scripted sci-fi/fantasy series coming our way now.

MONKEYFOOT'S MANIACAL PERSONA