All monkeyfoot's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 5,591

First Look: Indominus Rex from Jurassic World (Article) - 1/30/2015 6:39:51 AM

I just wish this was set in a city or urban area instead of back at a park. They've done this three times already.  One of the best parts of JP2 was when the T-Rex was in a city. They should have had dinos running loose there again. Whole new envlronment. Whole new problems, thrills and chills. Imagine raptors running loose in a mall.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/29/2015 2:38:49 PM

Stringfellow Hawk!!!

I gotta name any son I have that name!

Arrow: Midnight City Review (Article) - 1/29/2015 2:01:56 PM

This was an okay episode. I liked that we see the new Canary didn't pass the Superhero Fighting courses in record time and get all A's.

Just like Samson I don't understand how Arrow could possibly be in that kind of good shape after all he's been through. It would indeed have been a great time to intro the Lazarus Pit.

Vinnie Jones as the Brick is an effin' great villain!

But one thing that really gave me a thrill this episode was Christina Cox as the new mayor! She is an actress that has been around awhile but has never quite achieved the high status I personally think she deserves. Not only is she pretty hot (I described her to a friend as looking like Jessica Biel's hotter older sister) but she is a stuntwoman and martial artist. She only seems to get smaller roles in things like Riddick, TV shows and the like but I'd likeher to do more. I suddenly wished she was playing Black Canary or some other superhero role. I hope she sticks around and it would be cool if she got to somehow do some kind of fighting and action in the series.

The Flash: The Sound and the Fury Review (Article) - 1/29/2015 1:46:46 PM

I thought this was a great episode as well. Pied Piper's personality, intelligence, meaness, and the use of his powers raised him to an archvillain status. He could have just gone around and blasted things with his sonic abilities but instead he used them in ingenious ways in planning his strategy to get at Wells. He knew the right buttons to push on Cisco, and easily figured out how to go up against Flash's powers. In fact, I think he is the first bad guy who actually came close to not just defeating him but killing him. I hope the producers know what a great adversary he is and intend to use him more. More than Reverse Flash he seems the guy I would most worry about.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/29/2015 7:37:42 AM

I think I remember seeing Threads a million years ago. I remember it was good. During the 80s there were a few post nuclear movies. The most famous one was The Day After but I saw it again a few years ago and it looked like your typical TV movie to me.

What was a great nuke movie was Testament which was made about the same time. It had no real FX or epic sets or production. It was just what happened to a family and residents in a small town after nuclear war. It was very well done and sad and depressing.

NEW Ghostbusters Cast Announced (Article) - 1/29/2015 7:26:37 AM

Fatpantz, the check is in the mail!

But, uh wait a bit to cash it until I sell it to the studio, hire a writer, hire a director, figure out the budget, have it re-written by another writer, have the director re-write it, badger Murray to be in it,  re-write it, have the studio re-write it, pick the cast, badger Murray not to change his mind, have Ackroyd give script notes, have it re-written again, negoiate with Ramis family for a CG ghost version appearance, persuade Murray to stay in it, lose the director, hire Brett Ratner to direct it.............

Screw it! Here's your idea back!

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/28/2015 11:47:25 AM

LOL!

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/28/2015 10:56:19 AM

Eldogg, I remember reading that they didn't show Galactus in that movie because they were planning a Silver Surfer spinoff movie and didn't want to trample on what the director for that wanted to do with the character. But since the movie wasn't that successful they didn't do it. I know a story treatment was done but I don't know if a finished script was.

I liked those FF movies too. They were light and fun and seemed to capture the bickering but loving family aspect the characters have always had. I thought all of the casting was just right for that. I wouldn't have picked Jessica Alba though. I would have used Julia Stiles.

NEW Ghostbusters Cast Announced (Article) - 1/28/2015 9:59:09 AM

Nobody can make me like the Transformers movies!

NEW Ghostbusters Cast Announced (Article) - 1/28/2015 9:01:04 AM

LOL!

Years ago, I used to constantly be in the typical state of geek outrage all the time. It was on changes to comics, TV, movies, etc. I just started to realize it was so mentally wearing and kind of stupid for me. You can't judge anything before you see it. And if after seeing it I didn't like it I just went "Oh well.." It just isn't worth that much aggravation for me. There are loads of good stuff coming up all the time. When something bad comes out it was only because I was mad they didn't read my mind and do what I would have done with something and that wasn't going to happen. It was just better for me to take this stuff as it comes. I can remember when hardly any comic book,sci-fi, or fantasy stuff was around and now its everywhere. So I'm just happy it it is.

MONKEYFOOT'S MANIACAL PERSONA