All mortellan's Comments

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future The Complete Series (Article) - 12/15/2011 11:36:34 PM

Wow. I thought I dreamt Captain Power!

Big Three on Expendables 2 Set (Article) - 10/12/2011 9:54:06 PM

I second the motion...F the Thing ads!

Expendables 2 is going to rock!

TMNT Reboot Finds M:I Writers (Article) - 6/9/2011 4:13:15 AM

Has the TMNT ever been done in 3D? That may be the difference maker.

Here's GREEN LANTERN! (Article) - 11/17/2010 10:07:28 PM

Concerning the humor level in GL. If Hal Jordan is the wise ass maverick like we know he will be now, what does that make Guy Gardner when he comes along? The serious one?

Marvel's Point One Initiative (Article) - 11/10/2010 12:49:52 AM

How in the name of Hel and Hades is Marvel going to keep putting out more new titles AND add .1 issues of established titles as well? Do they hire any artist and writer off the street now? Should I send in a portfolio? I'm already cringing at the prospect of even more Wolverine storylines. Yeah I think dropping the title altogether is what alot of people will do.

More CAPTAIN AMERICA Pics (Article) - 10/30/2010 12:55:57 AM

Captain America: Wow!

9 Movies We Wish They'd Hurry Up and Make (Article) - 9/23/2010 2:08:46 AM

That hobbit graphic cracks me up.

SUPERMAN: GROUNDED (Article) - 7/7/2010 11:29:41 PM

One of the criticisms of JMS during his Thor run was a lack of consistent action. Thor was often a stranger in his own title toward the end. It was believed by fans that JMS just didn't like to write combat scenes. Eh. So now he has his hands on DC's top two heavy hitting combat heroes? Wow! After the initial hype died down, he churned out 1 Thor every 2 months roughly. If he is in charge of two comics now, that'll be some painstakingly slow release dates.

TV Wasteland: WHO Are You? (Article) - 4/12/2010 10:53:59 PM

Damn BBC. I haven't even seen the 1st episode yet and yall are talking about episode 2? :P

Millar and McNiven%u2019s NEMESIS (Article) - 3/31/2010 1:32:22 PM

Millar could be compared to Liefeld, but I'll give Millar one thing and that's Marvel is a whole lot more profitable for writer-creators these days. Liefeld had to -leave- Marvel to pursue his dreams of reinventing the wheel whereas Millar is doing quite fine where he's at, PLUS they are making movies of his books now. Liefeld would love to hold Millar's jockstrap at this point.

If there's an author I'd compare him to now, it would be Stephen King. Crazy? Maybe not. King is prolific and as a result has hits and misses both but his name recognition alone is so strong that his works sell easily and yes, are now even being made into movies. If I had to wager, based on the speed at which Kick Ass was optioned and made into a movie, we'll see Nemesis on the big screen before many other highly touted comics of its ilk. Only Alan Moore can make more movie-comics but we know Millar won't follow in his footsteps.

MORTELLAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA