1/12/2008 8:58:27 PM permalink
Lately, I have been sick of hearing of remakes or shows based of popular movies being made. Seriously, the kid in me cannot wait for Knight Rider to return to TV. I was giddy when I heard about Transformers. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles looks good. It just seems to be that remakes are REALLY getting old. Friday the 13th, Halloween, The Fog, Amityville Horror, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hills have Eyes, Superman Returns, The Arena, Carrie, Cheaper by the dozen, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Oliver Twist, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Planet of the Apes, AND SO ON! And that list is just a few!
For me, I want a movie with a new twist or great idea. I am a fan of M Night because he made you think. Well, I figured his first successful movie The Sixth Sense from the get go, but he did his movies different. He put thought behind it. He tried to engage us and in my case he succeeded.
However, their are some movies I would like to see remade, or a book made into a movie or a comic. Here is what I would love to see.
1. Footprints of God (Novel by Greg Iles) this book is really good, and wow....would controversy start if they made it.
2. Prey (Novel by Michael Crichton) This is a really scary book, because it has an isolated feel and there is NO ONE to help. I do not want to give it away, but it has some REALLY eerie moments.
3. State of Fear (novel by Crichton) Yeah, this is not an accurate book, but it would be a great thriller none the less.
4. Remake of Spider-man 3. Seriously, this movie was not even close to being ok. Venom needs justice. Raimi really screwed us on this one.
5. Remake The Island (Ewan McGregor) This movie had a lot of potential, it is just Michael Bay has no idea how to create emotion or suspense (well, he did good on Armageddon....one out of 20 is not bad) This needs to be done with justice as well.
6. Remake Scream 3. Look, I love the Scream franchise, even 3, but it doesn't feel like the others, it felt rushed or it just could be, basically, that it was not really needing to be made. However, I think if they put a good effort into it, it could be remade, remember the rules? It can be done.
7. Shanghai Knights, Seriously, we all know this could have been done with better care. It had a lot of potential. Owen Wilson in London? How is that not comedy gold?
8. Batman: Hush. I love this Graphic novel....it is one of the best ones since The Dark Knight Returns. If you have not caught it, read it. I know they will not a make a movie out of it, but I really wish they would.
9. Batman: The Killing Joke. (Graphic Novel) Yeah, this is what the Joker really is. Not Heath and Nolan's dumbass perception of him. This is the movie that should be made. The material is RIGHT THERE. use it.
10. Blankets (Graphic Novel) Have you not read this? WOW! I mean wow. this is a must READ. MUST.
11. Superman: Birthright. Now this would be a great start off for a reboot of the Superman franchise. Well, except "Soul Vision" That still irritates me.
12. Alien 3. WE ALL NOW WHY. Poor Bald headed Weaver.
13. Dragnet (Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks) Yeah, it is an ok movie. I watched it a thousand times as a youngin, but now it seems really bad. I would love to see Steve Carrel and Jim Carrey in a remake.
14. From the Corner of His Eye ( Novel by Dean Koontz) Wow, just the beginning of this book would get movie goers hooked!
15. Intensity (Novel by Dean Koontz) This book is F-ing FREAKY! This book freaked me out for days, not only is it blunt and straight forward, it feels so lonely. Great for Movie Magic.
There you have it. This list would make me happy if one day they were done with respect and care. Well, with care at least.
Oh and a Critter remake is supposed to be happening......which makes me even more angry. WHY?!?!?!?!?