New X-Men First Class Image Comments - Mania.com



COMMENTS AND RESPONSES

Showing items 21 - 30 of 40
<<  <  1 2 3 4 >  >>  
gauleyboy420 3/10/2011 1:24:02 PM

WHOA!!!!! why all the positive energy on this thread? I was certain all I would find here was angry fan-boy rants about how this is an abomination of thier childhood memories.

I'm glad I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing this.

ThrillerSam 3/10/2011 3:19:03 PM

Yeah I'm pumped for it all the way around, they did what they could to make it as First Class as they could without a reboot, it makes sense to me. Can't wait.

hanso 3/10/2011 3:28:28 PM

 In the last two posters, why are their faces in their balls?  That doesn't look right.

violator14 3/10/2011 4:49:44 PM

Gauley-its because u guys are the few 5% of "xmen fans" who are finding this ok. The other 95% of us are sick of repeating ourselves.
 

bunyon- this is OBVIOUSLY not the 616 universe or whatever. so exactly which marvel universe are they playing to??? oh that's right, the Fox marvel universe 666 since this production deserves to go to hell.

Hanso- their faces are in their balls, cuz that's what Fox studio likes to do. Put their balls in the fanboy's faces as they laugh at us.

UltimateTypeface 3/10/2011 5:41:11 PM

Im an angry fan boy.

I cant see why they cant wear costumes, thats what superheros do.

If you want to see a bunch of stealthy black leather commandoes with powers you shouldn't be watching the X-men.

I want to see the real X-men in their real costumes like in the FREAKING comics!

Is that so wrong?

Im going to go and cry into my pillow.

gauleyboy420 3/10/2011 7:42:51 PM

LOL Hanso! Nice!

It's just like reading "What If" or Ultimate X-men (which it actually resembles very closely) or "Elseworlds".

Elseworlds and What If are classics, woiuldn't a "true" fan acknowledge this and enjoy it?

If the #1 beef there is to be had with this is line up and costumes, then I don't see much of a problem. Especially since they DO wear costumes. They have since the first one, they just aren't garish colors. Comics go through costume changes constantly, I don't read complaints about that. In fact I don't read a lot of ANYTHING from most of you "fans" on the comic related pages. Do you read the comics, or did you USED to read them. Because if you're jonesing for some good X-Men action go to the comic shop!

 

6dra6on6 3/10/2011 8:30:54 PM

Yay! Another pic of another scrawny "superhero!"

There are two things all comicbook heroes have:

1) Costumes

2) muscles

That's what sets them apart from everyone else. Without those two elements they would be, "everyone else..."

I'm not jonesing for flashy costumes just something that will work onscreen. And as far as muscles go, they don't have to be built like a freakin M1A1 tank, but jeezus at least get SOME muscle. Look like a hero, at least. These latest onscreen superheroes, (Thor and Capt America aside) I could hurt them with a flick of my pinky finger. In otherwords this is a film about SUPERHEROES not SUPERPU$$IES!

I got into comics because of the costumes and the LARGER THAN LIFE superheroes. That's what appealed to me, as well as their characters and what they stood for. Why  not have that on screen? To do otherwise would not be a film about superheroes.

BTW, I'm not an angry fanboy...but I am a bit disappointed... and frustrated... and disgusted... Lol

whiteandnerdy75 3/10/2011 8:32:41 PM

I still think the movie will be good, but the posters do leave something to be desired...

ponyboy76 3/11/2011 6:40:45 AM

This is not "Elseworlds" or "What If" Unless the issue was called "What If The X-men were put together by retarded Monkeys" That excuse may fly with Smallville, but at least they have tried to take elements of the source material. Not this uncaring bastardization that they call, The X-men.

Mutants: First Class maybe a decent movie when all is said and done, but its not The X-men. Its a totally made up group of supperpowered beings thrown together by a studio to make money. They are just using the name for brand recognition and because they own the rights.

Batmite 3/11/2011 8:52:06 AM

Real statistics:

Avg. (rounded) no. of people who buy Batman comic books in a month:  70,000

Avg. (rounded) no. of people who went to see "The Dark Knight" at the movies:  10,000,000

Percentage of moviegoers that read comics:  0.7 %

You find a way to raise that number, maybe they'll start putting decent actors in yellow spandex.

<<  <  1 2 3 4 >  >>  

ADD A COMMENT

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Please click here to login.