All noblenonsense's Comments

THE FLASH: Welcome Back (Article) - 4/15/2009 8:43:34 AM

I agree that Wally West is The Flash. Though I have faith in Johns in doing a well done story that pays respect to the current characters I find it unnecessary. Three Flashes at one time? That's overkill. Unless they kill off Jay Garrick, put Barry Allen with the JSA, and leave Wally with the JLA/Titans.

I blame Didio for all of this. With his "let's go back to the Golden Age/Silver Age" bs. DC is supposed to be about legacy. How can you have legacy when you're constantly bringing back the old-timers to take the place of the "newer" characters?

The Top 20 Greatest Fantasy Writers of All-Time (Article) - 4/14/2009 5:37:06 PM

No Bradburry? No C.S. Lewis? No Stephen King? No Frank Herbert? No Baum?

Tolkien as number one works. Generally agreed upon by everyone. But placed Rowling, regardless of how much people ENJOY her books and how successful they've been, that low?!?!

C.S. Lewis did plenty of great work. Stephen King does MOSTLY horror but plenty of sci fi/fantasy. Frank Herbert created one of the MOST influential series and Dune is considered the best sci fi novel of all time.

This list failed. Big time.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 1/28/2009 6:55:29 PM

shac-

Obviously you are more of  a DC fan and I'm more of  Marvel fan. That's fine. I can respect the differences. But what Morrison did...it was offensive. He's screwed so much with Kirby's work that it's deplorable. You can try to call it remarkable or complimenting it. But it's not. it's drudging his legacy in poorly written, convoluted, and frankly overrated story arcs that amount to nothing.

Insult Secret Invasion. That's fine. I can easily understand the argument that it was screwy from the start and all it did was lead to Dark Reign. I'm fine with that though. The reason being that Dark Reign is a great idea for comics. Something similar happened in FC so you can agree to that. The bad guys in control is a good storyline. But atleast Dark Reign is being felt throughout Marvel. What will happen with FC? I know it's speculative but not much. Batman will be brought back in some pathetic homage to Knightfall. At least Marvel actually DOES shake things up.

The only compliment I can actually give him is that his X-Men run didn't completely suck. But I respect your disagreement with me. I consider Brubaker, Aaron, and Johns to be my favorites and I would jump to their defense. But I acknowledge what doesn't work. Like Johns made Superman a bit of a wuss.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 1/28/2009 7:34:07 AM

The price increase is blatant greed that they focused on the "popular" books. Can't argue that.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Grant Morrison is a hack. What's worse is that Didio is a BIGGER hack. Actually a giant hack/douche who's run the place to the ground. Final Crisis is evidence of that. I mean it really offends me as a reader to have a company want so badly to fix the mixing up and buying of other comic companies into ONE major universe and then to keep going back and screwing with it. I don't appreciate the fact that I have to open up DC comics wikipedia to read and understand a story. It's also offensive to create massive crossover storylines that cannot be appreciated by casual readers because of a convoluted piece of filth writer keeps referring back to his own work. Call me cynical or simplistic but I just want ONE freaking Superman.

Oh and Batman RIP, Final Crisis, and Battle for the Cowl is all pointless! Morrison/Didio have all ready come out and said that Bruce Wayne/Batman will be back. Way to waste it. No wonder everyone saw through that death. Atleast the death of Captain America was respectful. Sure he'll be back but no one is saying when or how but it probably won't be within a year like Batman.

Last complaint, stop screwing up Kirby's work! It's blasphemous.

5 of the Most Absurd Superhero Origins (Article) - 1/17/2009 7:24:33 PM

Whats more assinine is that the "author" didn't do some real research into writing the piece (though to be fair I did laugh at the Punisher part). An abundance of ambient cosmic radiation, ie cosmic rays, has been consistently been bombarding the earth over the past 3,000 years. Slowly the radiation has been altering genetic development in humans. Stan Lee thought of something that just recently was discovered by scientists. Stan Lee ftw...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/16/2008 7:07:14 PM

<p>WORST. MOVIE. EVER. I literally wanted to get out of my seat and leave to harrass the manager for my money back. I didn't because i was eating popcorn but you bet your ass I pulled out my cell phone and starting playing tetris.</p>

TV Wasteland: The Good Times Will Come to an End (Article) - 9/22/2008 7:16:05 AM

Supernatural just wasn't GOOD it was bloody brilliant!

TV Wasteland: Everybody's on the FRINGE (Article) - 9/15/2008 7:34:06 AM

Loved Fringe. I know there were some issues, why the heck does Joshua Jackson have to come off like a misogynist?, but overall the pilot was in my opinion excellent. I look forward to the rest of the season. Really need to see WHY Joshua Jackson's character has to stick around. His character I think IS the glue to the entire story and they need to be gentle with it. It's Burn Notice's season finale this week. Looks great like always. Supernatural...I can't wait. Haven't watched Smallville for...three seasons? Don't know. But wow....downhill.

Mania on this Day: KOTOR Remembered, Sahara Confusion and JLA Direction (Article) - 8/2/2008 10:29:34 AM

I'd really like a KOTOR III.

Top Maniacal News: Gort Destruction, Mummy Mum and Iron Holmes (Article) - 7/11/2008 7:55:11 AM

WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah Red Dawn was horrible