All nunyabiznis's Comments

8 Minutes of Revolution Premiere (Article) - 3/23/2013 8:14:07 PM

And don't forget while you're watching the premiere to do it with a deliciously refreshing Coca Cola.

Caprica: Retribution Review (Article) - 10/18/2010 11:18:09 AM

I want to state at the outset that I really like this show, and I like where it's going so far this season. I particularly enjoyed Sister Clarice's cleaning house of her former students/attempted assassins.  Really, I'm not one of those nitpickers who tears into the plausibility of every sci-fi show or movie. If I'm able to get lost in the writier's world, and if whatever they've devised makes logical sense in that world, that's good enough for me. However, regarding the student who bought it in the bathtub when Clarice shoved his television in with him, I find it funny that humanity's branch on Caprica has manged to perfect such wonders as internet-enabled paper, routine interplanetary travel, and autonomous killbots, but the concept of a GFCI outlet in a bathroom has escaped them. In their defense, his apartment did appear to be old. Perhaps Caprican electrical Codes don't require a retrofit of the outlets in there.

V: Hearts & Minds Review (Article) - 5/6/2010 10:39:25 AM

I also loved the beat-down at the end. Cold. One thing bothered me, however. Why didn't Anna make sure there were live humans on the shuttle? It doesn't seem as if compassion for humanity would've motivated her to use human corpses instead.

2012 Featurette Online (Article) - 10/8/2009 10:00:33 AM

Nobody worry. I'm picking up the calendar where the Mayan's stopped. Chiseling is harder than it looks, though.

Murdock Found for A-TEAM? (Article) - 9/10/2009 11:37:59 AM

Whatever they do, I hope the bad guys figure out that it's not a good idea to lock the captured Team in a room that is basically a machine shop/storage facility for old construction equipment and reason that they'll never get out of such a predicament.

McG Talks TERMINATOR Sequel (Article) - 5/6/2009 5:56:32 AM

After John's finished in 2011, he needs to head way back to the eighties and smash WOPR immediately after Matthew Broderick plays tic-tac-toe with it to avert global thermonuclear war--you know, just in case that thing has anything to do with Skynet.

Sarah Connor Chronicles: Adam Raised a Cain (Article) - 4/5/2009 8:13:52 AM

I also am among perhaps the minority who believes Derek's death was handled very well. The shock of it happening that way to a main character (think Samuel L. Jackson in Deep Blue Sea) was fun in and of itself. On another level, though, it think its suddenness also served to make the terminators more threatening in the minds of viewers. Before now, Sarah and the gang appeared indestructible; the appearance of a terminator only seemed to be a mild annoyance to them. Now, If Derek can go out like that, without getting a shot off, we should again think that any one of them can go out like that, at any time. In a subtle way--at least for me--the machines have become dangerous again.

TV REVIEW- Smallville: Bride (Article) - 11/24/2008 3:43:46 AM

<p>When the episode opened, I got a little excited. I thought they were going to hit the ground running with the attack and then have Clark looking for a little payback for the remainder. Then&nbsp;they turned it into a show about wedding prep. Though the promise of Doomsday's appearance kept me going, I also thought some of the little details, as they often do with this show, knocked me out of the moment (like the download from the unplugged router). I'm far from an IT guy, but I had to throw a flag on that router scene. Please, if this is technologically possible, someone correct me. The worst of this type of thing, however, was the recent episode with Oliver being marooned on the island. What island was he on where he had access to a razor (for at least his face and likely his chest hair), and some kind of clippers to keep his hair the same length throughout his ordeal? I got the impression he was there more than two days. I know that I'm outside the target viewer demographic here, and the kids keeping this show going don't probably sweat those kinds of details, but I've invested in this show from the beginning and just want them to at least try to remain plausible with the non-alien details. Is that too much to ask?</p>

TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES: Brothers of Nablus (Article) - 11/5/2008 5:56:34 AM

<p>Overall, I thought this was a pretty good episode. I agree, though,&nbsp;that there is a little inconsistency regarding the vulnerability of terminators. It also makes some sense that part of their durability in fights stems from each terminator's knowledge of a coming attack. However, I find it hard to believe that&nbsp; my laptop knows when a Wifi hub is nearby, but robots from the future&nbsp;lack similar functionality to detect each other's presence when they are out of sight of each other.</p>

HEROES: I Am Become Death (Article) - 10/12/2008 7:39:44 AM

It seems that the Haitian's power should be at the top of either Sylar or Peter's "acquire" list. That way no other Hero would be an effective deterrent when confronting either guy at close range. It would be interesting, though, if in gaining the Haitian's ability, its addition to their arsenal operates internally for them as it does outwardly when the Haitian is in the vicinity of other Heroes and subdues everything else they can do.

NUNYABIZNIS'S MANIACAL PERSONA