All ponyboy76's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 3,969

Mania Review: After Earth (Article) - 6/1/2013 7:56:52 AM

M.Night has been box office kryptonite since that ridiculous killer vegetation movie, but Will Smith is box office gold. They must have cancelled each other out on this film. I'm still going to see it. Why the hell should I listen to a critic? @Joelwhy. If you want to be a sheep go right ahead. I like to make up my own mind.

And how is making an all black adaption of Annie ,even remotely offensive? So we should stick to what we do best . Shucking and jiving ? I think not

Mania Box Office Report: Iron Man 3, Still on Top (Article) - 5/14/2013 2:00:39 PM

Star Trek into Darkness was awesome so it should do well and probably take the top spot but not by much.

Mania Box Office Report: Iron Man 3 - World Numbers (Article) - 4/30/2013 3:56:04 PM

You act like you paid for the movie yourself. Yes, most of it is made in the US , but its still filmed in a lot of other places. Things change, The US always released their movies at home first but now movie companies aren't as closed minded. They realize that it's a global market.

Mania Box Office Report: Iron Man 3 - World Numbers (Article) - 4/29/2013 3:18:09 AM

What does it matter if it opens elsewhere before the U.S. Besides, these days a lot of Marvel movies are filmed in other countries especially  the U.K. Why shouldn't they open elsewhere first?

Saw it last night and it was really good. It definitely had Shane Black's stamp on it but that didn't take away from the essence of the movie. RDJ is still the man! The only negative is that the Easter egg at the end wasn't really very exciting or amazing.

Fringe: Liberty/An Enemy of Fate Review (Article) - 1/21/2013 4:17:44 AM

This was my favorite show since the get go. Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, and John Noble were just amazing and I'll miss the show. I loved X-files and this show was an even better replacement.

Syfy Cancels Alphas (Article) - 1/17/2013 2:51:33 PM

This sucks. The show started off slow but it started getting better with the 2 Prof X/Magneto type characters. The difference of ideologies were played out very well. This is typical of SyFy. They really need to change their name again to "ShitFy" I like their version of "Being Human", Warehouse 13 and  watched the first season of Lost Girl but that's it. I hate reality TV  and their original movies are shitastic! Mega Croc vs Supervolcano just doesn't cut it.

FRINGE: The Final 3 Episodes Promo (Article) - 1/9/2013 11:05:52 AM

I' m the only one who thinks nitpicking about an episode 2 seasons ago is a bit ridiculous and maybe just enjoying the the show while appreciating it as a whole would be more a productive use of your time.

Mania Review: Django Unchained (Article) - 12/30/2012 6:03:15 AM

I was going to respond to redvector's comments but Shogun said it all. The fact that 2 other movies with violence were released this week and no negative comment about them speaks volumes.  I am really looking forward to seeing this although I would have loved to see Will Smith in the role just to get him away from all these super safe PC roles. Something raw like this would have been great for him.

G.I. Joe Retaliation Trailer #3 (Article) - 12/14/2012 1:18:10 PM

Goldeneyes , thank you because what I'm hearing from mostly everybody else is, "that the trailer would have been better if they didn't use hip hop". Don't know how old some of you guys are but hip hop isn't just for "teen boys " it's been around for quite some time and is one of the most influential music genre's ever.

the song for this trailer did suck but it had nothing to do with it being hip hop. It was just bad. To be honest, I liked the tone in the previous trailers but still think this has potential.

The Host Official Trailer #2 (Article) - 11/17/2012 11:48:05 AM

I'm sure it will get hated on for it being written by Meyer but it still looks pretty good. Niccol is also a great writer and director.

PONYBOY76'S MANIACAL PERSONA