All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 2,729

The Pyramid Trailer (Article) - 8/27/2014 12:36:41 PM

This looks like it could be cool, but I don't know how much control Aja really has over the look and style of this film.  He's the producer, not the director here.  There's a big difference there.  Think Spielberg's role as producer in Michael Bay's Transformers films.

Sin City Select Action Figure of Nancy Arrives (Article) - 8/27/2014 9:34:05 AM

I would hardly call Jessica Alba an 'iconic' actress.  And I don't really see much resemblance between Alba and this figure.

The 2014 Emmy Winners (Article) - 8/27/2014 9:30:20 AM

Yeah, I agree that Breaking Bad ending is the main reason it took home several awards including for Lead and Supporting Actor.

The 2014 Emmy Winners (Article) - 8/26/2014 1:07:50 PM

I was quite shocked but very happening when Cumberbatch, Freeman and Moffat all took home Emmy's.  It's a fantastic show and Moffat was correct, Mark Gratis should've been up there with him.  In all honesty I think Mark is the real brains behind the show.  Moffat's writing is hit or miss with me.  He did some great Who episodes under Russell T. Davies tenure including Blink and The Empty Child, but I've been less than impressed overall with Doctor Who since he took over control of the series.  There's been good episodes here and there, but it's been fairly uneven.

And Weird Al's song for Game of Thrones was probably the highlight of the night for me next to Billy Crystal's tribute to Robin Williams and the back and forth between Julia Lousie Dreyfuss and Brian Cranston.

McConaughey was robbed for Lead Actor.  True Detective was amazing as was his performance.  While his films stuff last year was very solid, I think the buzz around True Detective which was airing this passed winter was the main reason he won the Golden Globe and the Oscar.

Mania Box Office Report: Guardians Back on Top (Article) - 8/25/2014 8:40:02 AM

SC2 left me kinda 'meh' as well. I love the first one, but this one looks so polished and prestine whereas the original still has some 'grit' even on blu-ray. I was also taken out of the movie quite a bit because I was trying to figure out the timelines between to the 2 movies. It just doesn't work out as a prequel or a sequel. And the comic effects on this one seemed to jump around a lot more than the original film which also took me out of the moment at times. Overall, it was watchable, but a bit disappointing.  And 6 Million has got be dissappointing to the studio.

Mania Review: Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (Article) - 8/25/2014 8:38:47 AM

The movie left me kinda 'meh' as well.  I love the first one, but this one looks so polished and prestine whereas the original still has some 'grit' even on blu-ray.  I was also taken out of the movie quite a bit because I was trying to figure out the timelines between to the 2 movies.  It just doesn't work out as a prequel or a sequel.  And the comic effects on this one seemed to jump around a lot more than the original film which also took me out of the moment at times.  Overall, it was watchable, but a bit disappointing.

The Gotham Preview Specials (Article) - 8/25/2014 8:20:58 AM

Blankczech, I'll add Castle and NCIS to that list of competing Monday night shows.  And didn't FOX also put Almost Human on Monday nights last year?

Automata Trailer and Poster (Article) - 8/22/2014 7:49:01 AM

Looks great!  I'm game!

The Summer of '84: Sheena (Article) - 8/20/2014 7:59:40 AM

I always liked the 1976 King Kong.

First Look: Paul Rudd in ANT-MAN (Article) - 8/20/2014 7:38:47 AM

Are those bandages?  I thought they were eyebrow rings.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA