All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 2,800

Avengers: Age of Ultron TRAILER!!!! (Article) - 10/24/2014 1:13:46 PM

That would be an odd opening scene having Hulk out of control and Iron Man busting out the Hulkbuster armor right out of the gate.  So far there hasn't been really any set-up to continue the storyline from IM3 which Tony destroys all of his suits.  I feel like there has to be something in the film to address that, so I wouldn't think that would be the first scene.

Avengers: Age of Ultron TRAILER!!!! (Article) - 10/24/2014 1:10:36 PM

I think there are a few things to keep in mind when talking opening weekend box office.  Do we have an official run-time?  If it's running close to the original Avengers probably around 2h15m.  Might be more, might be less.  That limits the number of showtimes, but not as much as say, Avatar, which is why I think that film's opening weekend wasn't that spectacular.

Also, the novelty factor.  Avengers 1 was a HUGE novelty factor because no one had ever done anything like that before where you build this uber-movie up through what 5 preceding movies?  Obviously there is still a ton of interest from fans and movie goers in general, but that novelty factor of the first film was a huge contributor to it's opening box office.  You can also chalk up the ridiculous number of youtube views to us fanboys, many of whom on this comment board have already stated how many times they've watched the trailer.  I'd be interested to see a tally on the number of unique views it has.

Also there's a certain amount of superhero fatigue going on right now as evidenced by this summer's box office.  I've talked to a lot of people who are just plain superheroed out.  Not saying they will skip A2 but it could be a factor in opening weekend numbers.

Again, not trying to say the movie won't be a huge smash.  I think $250M is possible with the over inflated ticket prices, but I think it's unlikely.

Avengers: Age of Ultron TRAILER!!!! (Article) - 10/23/2014 1:22:43 PM

I'm not saying this movie won't do well by any means, but I think to throw out a number like $250 million opening weekend is a bit of a stretch right now.  Might that happen, sure, anything is possible, but looking at the box office numbers since 2012 when Avengers came out, there isn't anything that's even come close to $200 million opening weekend.  I think it could easily hit $170M.  Iron Man 3 opened to $174M coming off the heels of Avengers, while Thor 2, Capt 2 and GotG peaked at $95M with Capt. 2.  GotG hit $94M and Thor 2 hit just under $86M.

By contrast the 2nd and 3rd Dark Kniht films hit $158M and $160M opening weekend.  And Avatar only did $77M opening weekend.

Again not saying the it won't (Hulk) Smash the box office, but trying to reign in expectations.

(And let hte bashing begin...)

Avengers: Age of Ultron TRAILER!!!! (Article) - 10/22/2014 9:39:27 PM

Great! Now that damn song from Pinnochio is going to be stuck in my head all night!  Gotta love the Synergy from Disney.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Movie CLIPs (Article) - 10/22/2014 7:23:13 AM

I liked the extended version of Part 1.  It had a bit more of singing and shenanagins from the dwarves, but I was fine with that.  There were also a few other additions that I felt really helped the story overall.  I little more backstory and a little more character development that helps some of the subplots when you see DoS.

Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Premiere Date! (Article) - 10/22/2014 7:19:06 AM

I think the teaser trailer was that animated bit with Ultron's head turning around and then the title coming up.  That's all I've seen anyway besides leaked set-footage and concept art.

Castle: Child%u2019s Play Review (Article) - 10/21/2014 9:58:09 PM

Looks like they haven't listed Polkovnik on IMDB yet.

Castle: Child%u2019s Play Review (Article) - 10/21/2014 9:53:29 PM

Mostly a filler episode which is to be expected from shows with 20 or more episodes in a season.  It still touches on the larger story arc with the book ends of the episode centering on Castle and Alexis' father-daughter dynamic which is missing from the review.

The twist was interesting.  Not the typical formula we get from this show where the perp is usually (maybe 8 out of 10 times) the first or second person they interview or question.

On a side note, was Polkovnik played by the guy from SG-1 who played Ba'al?  Looked like him but I didn't look him up on IMDB yet.

Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer Premiere Date! (Article) - 10/21/2014 9:40:37 PM

I think I called this a month or so back.  Why would Marvel choose the Super Bowl for a teaser trailer when they have a show that's connected to their movie universe?  Will there be a trailer that runs during the Super Bowl for Avengers 2?  Most likely but this makes the most sense for the first big reveal or tease.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Movie CLIPs (Article) - 10/21/2014 11:55:19 AM

I held out.  Learned my lesson after Fellowship of the Ring.  Of course, I say that, but if I had really learned my lesson I wouldn't have bought the edition editions of LOTR on dvd and then bought them again on Blu-Ray.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA