All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 2,810

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Nightbreed: The Director%u2019s Cut (Article) - 10/29/2014 2:32:35 PM

I do love bonus materials, but I just can't come to grips with shelling out that kind of dough for one movie.  Sure there's 2 different cuts, but still the same basic flick.  It's like buying The Wolverine bluray that comes with an extended cut as well except that Wolverine is 1/4th the price of this.

The Walking Dead: Four Walls and a Roof Review (Article) - 10/29/2014 2:27:19 PM

It would be pretty lazing/lame writing if that is Morgan who Daryl comes back with.  The 2 don't know each other and given both Daryl's and Morgan's passed, I don't see either of them doing much talking to one another so quickly that they are already back at camp.  Wouldn't make sense at all.

Terminator: Genisys EW Covers and Synopsis (Article) - 10/29/2014 2:12:21 PM

What the hell?  Who is Matt Smith playing?

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Nightbreed: The Director%u2019s Cut (Article) - 10/28/2014 7:40:53 AM

As much as I would love to compare the 2 different cuts of Nightbreed on Blu-ray, no way in hell am I dropping $70 bucks for that limited edition.

The Walking Dead: Slabtown PREVIEW (Article) - 10/28/2014 7:30:01 AM

Soooo, no Walking Dead Review this week?

HORNS Release Schedule (Article) - 10/27/2014 4:14:38 PM

That blows.

The Walking Dead: Slabtown PREVIEW (Article) - 10/27/2014 4:12:57 PM

It would be odd if it were Morgan since Daryl doesn't even know him.

The Flash: Things You Can't Outrun Review (Article) - 10/27/2014 7:45:35 AM

Thank you, Monkeyfoot! That's the same damn thing I've been arguing with all the MoS haters who all point to the destruction.  That's just par for the course on the comics and the animated shows.  The film has it's flaws, but the destruction is a weak argument.

Avengers: Age of Ultron TRAILER!!!! (Article) - 10/24/2014 1:13:46 PM

That would be an odd opening scene having Hulk out of control and Iron Man busting out the Hulkbuster armor right out of the gate.  So far there hasn't been really any set-up to continue the storyline from IM3 which Tony destroys all of his suits.  I feel like there has to be something in the film to address that, so I wouldn't think that would be the first scene.

Avengers: Age of Ultron TRAILER!!!! (Article) - 10/24/2014 1:10:36 PM

I think there are a few things to keep in mind when talking opening weekend box office.  Do we have an official run-time?  If it's running close to the original Avengers probably around 2h15m.  Might be more, might be less.  That limits the number of showtimes, but not as much as say, Avatar, which is why I think that film's opening weekend wasn't that spectacular.

Also, the novelty factor.  Avengers 1 was a HUGE novelty factor because no one had ever done anything like that before where you build this uber-movie up through what 5 preceding movies?  Obviously there is still a ton of interest from fans and movie goers in general, but that novelty factor of the first film was a huge contributor to it's opening box office.  You can also chalk up the ridiculous number of youtube views to us fanboys, many of whom on this comment board have already stated how many times they've watched the trailer.  I'd be interested to see a tally on the number of unique views it has.

Also there's a certain amount of superhero fatigue going on right now as evidenced by this summer's box office.  I've talked to a lot of people who are just plain superheroed out.  Not saying they will skip A2 but it could be a factor in opening weekend numbers.

Again, not trying to say the movie won't be a huge smash.  I think $250M is possible with the over inflated ticket prices, but I think it's unlikely.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA