All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 2,875

Spider-Man's Cinematic Future (Article) - 12/16/2014 10:39:59 PM

Doubt it could happen in this day and age with all the leaks, etc. from people trying to get every drop of spoilery info out before a film is released but I think it would be cool if a deal were struck to bring Spidey into Civil War, that they tease us with Spidermanbut don't reveal the character playing him until the big unmasking on opening night of the movie.  Could be Tobie, couldbe Garfield, could be anyone.  Surprise alone would be huge!

Of course, I say it'll never happen but then Nolan pulls the same stunt with Matt Damon in Interstellar where no one knew he was in it until that scene and it wasn't just a small cameo.  He played a big part in the story.

The Flash: The Man in the Yellow Suit Review (Article) - 12/16/2014 9:26:05 PM

That's a cool theory, TheIcon.  I've also thought about this possibility of making the tv and movie verses parallel earths a la a Crisis event.  Would be cool.

And yes, I'm sure that the lazarus pit will play into the second half of Arrow's season.  It's the only way in my mind to resolve what occurred in The Climb.

Golden Globes 2014 Nominations (Article) - 12/12/2014 9:26:40 AM

How is Interstellar not nominated for Best Drama?!  And Gone Girl isn't nominated either?  Those 2 are hands down the best movies of the year.  I haven't seen Foxcatcher yet, but I will as soon as I have an opportunity.

The Winter of '84: 2010: The Year We Make Contact (Article) - 12/11/2014 1:42:51 PM

Always will love 2001 for the techincal brilliance of Kubrick, but yes, it's over-long, boring at times and extremely vague and down right strange in the end.  As a film professor of mine told us all in college after watching 2001, 'if you want to understand wha tthe last 20 minutes of the film is about, rent the movie and watch it at home 'not-straight'.'  In other words, you have to be stoned to get it.

The Flash: The Man in the Yellow Suit Review (Article) - 12/11/2014 12:23:28 PM

Interesting theory, Eldogg42.  I was left scratching my heada bit at the end as well wondering if Wells is Reverse Flash, then how could he beat himself up.  I assumed the Wells we know is from the future, so now there's 2 future Wells'?

I don't think the red lightning meant that The Flash was at his mother's murder scene.  I think that would be the yellow lightning is representative of The Flash and red lightning is representative of Reverse Flash.  Still both were there according to what Cisco said.

CASTLE: Bad Santa Review (Article) - 12/11/2014 12:08:05 PM

Possible spoiler

The only real issue I have with this show is the formulaic writing to the show. Rare is the mystery an actual 'mystery.' As soon as I saw the actor playing the OCU detective (recognizing him from other shows, in particular, his guest appearances from Lois and Clark back in the early 1990s), I knew he was the murderer. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but it rarely surprises when it comes to the 'who done it.'

Spider-Man for Captain America: Civil War?! (Article) - 12/11/2014 11:51:54 AM

If Oscar winner, Kevin Spacey can 'slum-it' on a Netflix show, then I think Andrew (not James) Garfield could do it.

I thought I saw announcement on another site yesterday that the deal to get Spidey over to Marvel had failed, but hopefully they are continuing the battle.  I mean, Civil War doesn't come out until summer 2016, so there's still time between now and next summer when they start filming.

Mark Hamill Returns as The Trickster (Article) - 12/11/2014 11:31:54 AM

He was Trickster before voicing The Joker in the Batman The Animated Series.  I assume this is where he developed the sound and personality for The Joker in BTAS.

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Time Bandits - Criterion Collection (Article) - 12/9/2014 6:21:35 PM

Mum... Dad! Don't touch it!  It's EVIL!

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Time Bandits - Criterion Collection (Article) - 12/9/2014 12:54:10 PM

Time Bandits is easily one of my Top 10 favorite films of all time.  Love this movie!

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA