All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 11 - 20 of 2,848
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

CASTLE: Once Upon A Time In the West Review (Article) - 11/19/2014 8:59:20 AM

I do quite enjoy the show even the sillier episodes like this.  I was surprised there weren't any references to Firefly in this episode.  None that I spotted anyway.  The one thing that brings the show down in my mind is the predictability/formula of the show.  I leaned over to my wife when when the owner of the old west town was introduced.  I said that guy's the killer.  Number 1, it's the first guy they talked to besides the sheriff and number 2, the guy is a recognizable character actor from parts on Angel and The Dark Knight.

Still love the show for the comedy and the character moments, but the formulaic writing bugs me sometimes.

CASTLE: The Time of our Lives Review (Article) - 11/13/2014 10:28:21 AM

Not my favorite episode, but not as bad as I would have thought when it first started. The thing this show has going for it is largely the cast. They work so well together even when their characters don't know each other. Still they are very charismatic and able to pull off an episode like this.

I will have to disagree those, Jarrett, with you on Interstellar. What exactly did you find confusing about the plot of the movie? Honestly I found it to be one of Nolan's most straight-froward, all-questions answered, films. It's not 2001 where unless you were trip pin' on acid, you had not idea what the hell it meant or what happened.

Mania Box Office Report: Baymax vs. TARS (Article) - 11/12/2014 7:33:47 PM

Kara, glad you liked it.  The Matt Damon appearance took me by surprise as well.  It may have gotten a bit strange toward the end but it was all explained within the film so it made sense whereas 2001 never answered anything and was just strange/pyschodelic at the end.

Evil Dead Series Titled: ASH VS. EVIL DEAD (Article) - 11/11/2014 12:40:45 PM

So I guess they are going with the ending in the theatrical cut of Army of Darkness and not the Director's cut.

Arrow: The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak Review (Article) - 11/11/2014 10:32:02 AM

Of course, the more Felicity the better in mine and I think most of 'our' opinions.  The problem I had with this episode was just how simplistic and paint by the numbers the story was.  Was it any shocker to anyone that the virus was the same one Felicity wrote in the flashback scene we watched?  And was it any shock that her 'thought to be dead' ex boyfriend was behind it all?  I got all that information from the flashback scene and then once the virus was used the first time I thought, 'well looks like Felicity's ex is using her old virus to cripple the city.'  The character moments and everything were fine as usual.  The predictability of the episode is what lowers the grade for me.

Margot Robbie to Play Harley Quinn?! (Article) - 11/11/2014 10:13:56 AM

I believe when Marvel announced their first slate of films it was Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, etc.  They didn't release their original film slate with a full description of the stories because they were the first ones.  That's what DC/WB is doing.  It's their first slate of films.

I really think most fanboys should really just take a let's wait and see approach before spewing all this DC Hate everywhere.  It doesn't do anyone any good.

Warcraft Posters and Cast Revealed! (Article) - 11/11/2014 7:55:53 AM

I know nothing about this game other than the little bit I've seen when my old college roommate played the game, but I have faith in Duncan Jones.  Moon and Source were both excellent films.

Margot Robbie to Play Harley Quinn?! (Article) - 11/11/2014 7:52:26 AM

Kinetoscope, have you read all the scripts that DC/WB is putting together or seen the movies that haven't begun filming already?  If so, please pass them along we can all pre-judge them before anyone has seen a single frame of footage.

Mania Box Office Report: Baymax vs. TARS (Article) - 11/10/2014 3:02:01 PM

I compare it to Gravity because everyone was going nuts of that movie last year and no one ragged on it for its 'science' but everyone this year is dogging Interstellar for its 'science.'   I did read an article today that had a bunch of tweets from Neil Degrasse Tyson praising Interstellar for its 'science.'

I liked Gravity last year but I don't think its as amazing as everyone else claims.

Mania Box Office Report: Baymax vs. TARS (Article) - 11/10/2014 1:43:03 PM

FYI, Interstellar was SO much better than Gravity.

And let the flame war commense.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA