All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 11 - 20 of 2,895
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Golden Globes 2015 - Winners (Article) - 1/12/2015 10:04:43 AM

Game of Thrones is only nominated as a courtesty because of the popularity and the epic scope of the series.  It will always be looked down upon by the hollywood muckity mucks because it is fantasy.  Sure, they gave Peter Dinklage an Emmy, but that was just like giving a dog a bone in hopes of soothing the fanbase.  Maybe, Maybe it will win once the series concludes, but I doubt it will before then.

I was surprised by the win for How to Train Your Dragon 2.  It was really good, but really had fallen off my radar.  I thought sure Lego Movie or Boxtrolls would win.  Big Hero 6 was good, but I didn't see it as 'Best' of the year.

Mania Box Office Report: TAKEN with Taken 3 (Article) - 1/12/2015 9:48:52 AM

Not surprised at all by Taken 3 winning the box office this week.  The Hobbit has ruled for 3 weeks, but the Taken series has been fairly popular even if the last one wasn't as good, so no surprise here.

Daredevil Motion Poster and Release Date Arrive (Article) - 1/7/2015 1:36:06 PM

Netflix usually posts it's original series with all episodes at once if I'm not mistaken.

The Lazarus Effect - Official Trailer (Article) - 1/7/2015 1:34:14 PM

I was wondering the same thing, Violatorr!

Masters of the Universe Script Completed (Article) - 1/6/2015 9:46:22 AM

What? No mention of Star Trek Voyager's own Tom Paris being Courtney Cox's boyfriend in the original?

Oh and Frank Langella killed it as Skeletor.  By far, the high point of that original movie.

Aaron Paul for Star Wars Spin Off?! (Article) - 1/5/2015 12:35:11 PM

I don't know.  I just can't see Han or Boba yelling 'Yo, bitch!'

The Best Movies of 2014 (Article) - 12/30/2014 6:39:32 PM

Yeah, had a bit of a WTF moment when I saw Rob list Noah as the Best Picture.  That just has me scratching my head.  I'm still confused by it.

Interstellar and Gone Girl are my votes for Best Picture this year.  Interstellar may get the nod because of the scope and scale of the movie, but Gone Girl is one of Fincher's best as well.

Coleman Continues with Doctor Who?! (Article) - 12/30/2014 6:19:01 PM

I'm beginning to think that Mark Gratis is the brains behind most fo the script writing on Sherlock.  Of course with Sherlock there are only 3 episodes a season, so the writing has to be much more tight than with a 13 episode season.  I enjoyed Moffat's work on individual episodes of Doctor Who while under Davies as the showrunner, but have been incredibly underwhelmed and unimpressed by his stint as showrunner.  Smith was a good Doctor, but bogged down my lously story arcs that centered around Amy Pond instead of The Doctor.  This season was mostly blah for me as well.  I found myself waiting for several weeks before catching up with episodes on my DVR, much like the 2 seasons of The Ponds.

Mania Review: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Article) - 12/22/2014 7:22:41 PM

People, People!  It's a review of a movie.  There will be some spoilers in there.  If you want to get a more general idea of what reviewers think of the movie before you see it, then look at the grade and don't read the full review.  If you thought Smaug would last more than 30 minutes in this movie then you must have been living under a rock.  It's been said for several months that the titular battle is more than half the runtime.  That and if you have read the story then you know his assault on Laketown is short lived.

As for movie itself, I left disappointed.  I'll probably buy the extended bluray next year as I am known to do but I doubt I will pay to see this in the theaters for a second time.  All previous Tolkien flicks I have seen 2-3 times and Return of the King, I saw 4 times in the theater.

I think I actually fall on the complete opposite side of the spectrum than Kara on this.  I liked the bits with Gandalf's rescue though it does rather make the events in Fellowship of the Ring seem rather unnecessary.  I thought Dain (Billy Connelly) and the battlepig cringingly painful to watch.  It seemed at times that I was watching a Lord of the Rings parody movie.

Last thing I will mention here is that I don't believe you can watch all 6 films and it all feel like a whole.  The Hobbit is way more polished and CGI-filled than Lord of The Rings.  I'm not saying LOTR didn't have its share of cgi, it did. My cheif complaint on this are the scenic vistas of New Zealand.  Breathtaking, awe inspiring and majestic they were in LOTR.  75 percent CGI or digitally enchanced they were in this new trilogy.

I am hoping I will be able to appreciate these films more over time but right now, I can't help but feel disappointed.

Spider-Man's Cinematic Future (Article) - 12/16/2014 10:39:59 PM

Doubt it could happen in this day and age with all the leaks, etc. from people trying to get every drop of spoilery info out before a film is released but I think it would be cool if a deal were struck to bring Spidey into Civil War, that they tease us with Spidermanbut don't reveal the character playing him until the big unmasking on opening night of the movie.  Could be Tobie, couldbe Garfield, could be anyone.  Surprise alone would be huge!

Of course, I say it'll never happen but then Nolan pulls the same stunt with Matt Damon in Interstellar where no one knew he was in it until that scene and it wasn't just a small cameo.  He played a big part in the story.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA