All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 11 - 20 of 2,875
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Orci out as Star Trek 3 Director (Article) - 12/5/2014 7:22:53 PM

Gunn could be cool but he's busy at Marvel.  I love the idea of Wright directing this.  Seems like a no brainer given his friendship with Simon Peg aka Scotty.

Orci out as Star Trek 3 Director (Article) - 12/5/2014 7:21:26 PM

This may be the best news of the week!  Sorry but Orci has a pretty shotty writing record and it was a dumb move by the studio to even entertain the notion of letting a writer direct his first film, much less a $100 million plus big budget tentpole type film.

Suicide Squad Cast Revealed (Article) - 12/5/2014 11:26:13 AM

Routh did a great job in the film.  The problem was the rehashed Superman 1 storyline and turning Superman into a peeping-tom/absentee father with a Jesus complex.

Mania Box Office Report: Katniss, yet again! (Article) - 12/4/2014 8:10:25 AM

Possible Spoilers for Mockyingjay Part 1

Not sure what movie you guys saw, but there was more than just one action scene in Mockingjay Part 1.  Of course the one you mention with Katniss shooting the arrow at the ship flying over head.  There's also the blowing up of the dam that knocks out all the power at the capitol, the rescue scene at the capitol, the scenes of the guards executing people in front of all the districts, the scene where Peeta tries to strangle Katniss, the scene where the capitol bombs District 13 (again).  Those are just the ones off the top of my head, so yes, there is more than 1 action scene in the movie.  Oh wait, I forgot, you guys say you fell asleep in the movie, so yeah, you probably missed all that.

James Bond #24 Title and Cast Announced Thursday! (Article) - 12/4/2014 8:00:24 AM

Craig wasn't even Bond when the Austin Powers movies were coming out.  You can't blame parody and satire for being the reason something tanked.  Galaxy Quest did not kill Star Trek.  Berman and Braga killed Star Trek and Coto tried to save it, but was too late, so JJ saved it. Yeah, I said it.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Mania%u2019s Reaction (Article) - 12/3/2014 8:24:57 AM

No one said C3PO and R2 weren't comic relief, but they were no where near as cringe-enducingly bad as Jar Jar and how this new little droid 'appears' to be.

James Bond #24 Title and Cast Announced Thursday! (Article) - 12/3/2014 8:20:30 AM

Casino Royale was good, Quantum of Solace was medicore, but Skyfall was by far the best of the series.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Mania%u2019s Reaction (Article) - 12/2/2014 10:04:36 PM

I didn't mind the stormtrooper.  Just because he's dressed like a stormtrooper doesn't mean he is one, see Luke and Han in the original.  Looks like the guy is on the run too.

Now the droid on the otherhand seems a bit too much like Jar Jar as Thestormrider mentioned.  Hope I'm wrong but he looks like cheesy comic relief.

Suicide Squad Cast Revealed (Article) - 12/2/2014 9:58:23 PM

But Joker does appear in stories featuring the Suicide Squad like this summer's Assault on Arkham animated flick which was pretty good.

The Walking Dead: Coda Review (Article) - 12/2/2014 12:06:42 PM

I generally maintain the stay off social media until after I finish The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc.  On sunday, I had a little bit of a brainfart of my own (as did the AMC social media person apparently) and I glanced at 3 posts on my newsfeed.  I'm not gonna get bent out of shape over it, but it did irk me a little.  Moreso for the folks on the West Coast.  I pretty much knew Beth was going to die when Michonne told Maggie that her sister was alive as well.

Of course, I find Maggie's reactions in this episode completely absurd.  She hasn't once asked about her sister (or where her sister was) in all the time that the group has been back together from the end of last year and the first half of this season.  All she's cared about is that she's with Glen or trying to find Glen.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA