All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 11 - 20 of 2,919
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/17/2015 10:43:15 AM

Man, this news does suck.  I hope Bob and Tim are able to keep the lights on, but if not it's been a great ride.  Like HomestarRunner, I used to browse the old text only site for Corona Coming Attractions to read all the latest developments and rumors in the mid to late 90s in high school, then that was absorbed by Cinescape and I joined there until it became Mania and I joined Mania officially on 9/23/2006.

This is the only site I generally view (anymore) for this type of news unless something pops up from somewhere else in my newsfeed on FB.  From all the great conversations with Hanso, Karas, and all to the trolls like Spyder who would endlessly copy and paste his anti-New Battlestar hate day in and day out, it was always a pleasure.  I even got to meet up with guys like Bob and Kim Trate, Joel Rickenbach and Chuck Francisco up in Phoenixville a couple years back when I was visiting that area.  And I had the great pleasure of getting to contribute to a column with a number of the Mania Staff when they did the Mania Staff Reaction to the Star Wars Episode VII teaser trailer.  I think I might have been the only one in the group of reviewers who was at least slightly disappointed by the teaser. LOL!

I'll keep fighting the good fight and hoping the site remains live, but in the meantime, feel free to hit my up on Facebook.  The name is Shelton Jacobs.  Probably the only one listed, but I'm in Memphis for now.  Houston in a couple weeks.

"Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town... Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here." Goonies (or Maniacs) Never Say DIE!

Arrow: Uprising Review (Article) - 2/9/2015 1:54:29 PM

The lazy writing was bound to happen.  It always happens when they spin-off a new show.  Look at Star Trek TNG and DS9 when they ran together, DS9 and Voyager, Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, etc.  All those shows were better written when they were solo.

Couple of things with Quentin Lance and the masks.  Yes, If he recognizes Roy, then he ought to recognize Ollie.  With Laurel, maybe slightly different.  He hasn't seen her close-up and when she spoke to him, she used that voice changer deal.  That said, he should know something is up because Sara didn't use the voice changer before she died.  Add to that that Laurel is quite a bit taller than Sara, so that should be a giveaway, but I will let it slide because he hasn't been face to face with her.  It's all be at a distance.

Arrow: Midnight City Review (Article) - 1/30/2015 11:47:05 AM

larkcall and Lazarus, that's the same agrument we've been having about the shared universe movies and tv.  Sure to comic fans, it makes sense that these guys are all fighting their own battles and such, but to the general movie going public it doesn't make sense to them.  If the world is being threated in say Thor 2, then where the heck is Iron Man, Hulk or Capt? Or at least send over Hawkeye, somebody!  Or in Iron Man 3 when Air Force 1 is hijacked and the President's in danger, where the heck is everybody?  These are just questions that non-nerd friends ask.  They really should address it at least in passing in a film.

Tomorrowland Big Game Tease (Article) - 1/30/2015 11:38:50 AM

Unfortunately, I watched both seasons 1 and 2.  It's sort of like a train wreck or a car accident.  You know you shouldn't watch, but you just can't look away.  Being a fan of the book, that show is WAY off and has pretty much nothing to do with the book except that there's a dome and some of the character's first names are correct.  Other than that, the characters, the plot, the action, everything has been changed.

Ted 2 - Official Trailer (Article) - 1/30/2015 11:36:19 AM

Oh and Tammy Lynn is in the first movie too.

Ted 2 - Official Trailer (Article) - 1/30/2015 11:35:47 AM

You should definitely see the first one (the unrated version).  It's freakin' hilarious and yes rather stupid, but funny stupid.

LEGO Reveals Avengers The SHIELD Helicarrier (Article) - 1/30/2015 11:34:35 AM

Higgy, it's nearly 3 feet long according to the measurements listed.  That's pretty big for lego playset in my book.  Still legos are SO overpriced.  Love 'em, but too expensive for my tastes.

Tomorrowland Big Game Tease (Article) - 1/30/2015 7:37:32 AM

She was absolutley terrible in Under the Dome.  Then again, every one on that show gives the absolute worst acting performances of their careers.  Dean Norris may be the exception, but that show is just terrible.

The Flash: The Sound and the Fury Review (Article) - 1/29/2015 5:34:03 PM

MIllean, they did use the 'time to pay piper' line both in the episode and in the trailer for the episode last week.  I think it was when he attacked Welles in the beginning.

Iridan, I don't think they ever said he was deaf.  They did say (and show) that he has intense ringing in his ears without the little hearing aid type device he used to break out of the holding cell the first time.

Tomorrowland Big Game Tease (Article) - 1/29/2015 2:22:31 PM

Millean, we all can use the term Super Bowl all we want.  It's for commercial use that's restricted.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA