All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 11 - 20 of 2,753
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

American Horror Story Freak Show (Official Extended Trailer) (Article) - 9/8/2014 12:03:52 PM

I got the first and second season as a promo from work and the wife and I love it so far.  We're midway through season 2 and I actually like it better than the first so far.  I'd like this trailer more if it would play higher than 240p.

Calamity, you should give The Strain a shot.  Like a lot of genre shows, it's taking a few episodes to get into.  Right now, it's getting pretty good.  Haven't watched this week's show yet.

Monsters: Dark Continent Trailer 2 (Article) - 9/5/2014 8:27:11 AM

May check out the first one. And no, I do not have A.D.D.

Jessica Chastain for Ridley Scott's The Martian? (Article) - 9/5/2014 8:12:54 AM

Is Ridley directing this or just producing?  I thought he was busy making another terrible Promethus flick and trying to make an ill-conceived Blade Runner Sequel-Remake-thingy.

The Flash adds Dominic Purcell (Article) - 9/5/2014 8:10:56 AM

I recently watched the pilot (someone posted a link somewhere to download a screener copy).  It was pretty good overall and I felt way more engaging than the pilot for Arrow.  I never could get into Arrow and quit watching after 3 or 4 episodes, but I do have friends telling me over and over again to give it another shot.  I guess I could catch up on Netflix between now and the season preimere.

The Rock is Black Adam (Article) - 9/4/2014 10:11:54 AM

They are already calling him Shazam instead of Captain Marvel in the DC Animated flicks.  I assume they are in the comics too but I don't read much of those any more.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 2 Trailer & Synopsis (Article) - 9/3/2014 10:26:03 AM

No problem!  Thanks, Bob!

Monsters: Dark Continent Trailer 2 (Article) - 9/3/2014 10:24:46 AM

Can't say that I've even heard of the first one.  Sequel looks okay.  Might check it out on Netflix or HBO one day.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 2 Trailer & Synopsis (Article) - 9/3/2014 10:11:16 AM

Thought there was supposed to be a trailer?

The Strain: Creatures of the Night Review (Article) - 9/3/2014 7:47:37 AM

I too think the show is just getting better and better.  I was luke warm to it for the first 2-3 episodes, but now I can't wait to see what happens next.

The review mentions the computer hacker gal and the other gal (the one who ran out and got away from the vamps) as being 'back in the picture.'  Were they both in a previous episode?  I really don't recall them being in the show already.  I got a sense in some of the scenes that may have been the case, but I just don't remember them.  Maybe it was when I was half watching the show in the first couple episodes before it hooked me.

GHOSTBUSTERS Blu-ray Anniversary Editions Details (Article) - 9/2/2014 12:58:59 PM

Well, I had never had the opportunity to watch the original flick in theaters, so I jumped at the chance to see it on Friday at the local cinema.  I have to say, I was a bit disappointed.  Not in the movie itself.  It's always a blast and it was great seeing it on the big screen, but why aren't the studios putting out the restored 4k or 2k 'prints' for these re-release specials?  The picture was incredibly grainy.  Maybe it was just a bad digital transfer but I would think you'd want to have the best possible version to wet the appetite's of fans for the new blu-rays.

I also saw the re-release of Raiders of the Lost Ark as well as the 3D release of Jurassic Park (both in Imax) and both of those as with Ghostbusters looks absolutely horrible.  Raiders being the worst looking of the 3.  All three were 'teases' for the upcoming blu-rays and they looked like I blow-up the picture of my old VHS copies to the big screen.  Raiders and Jurassic were seen at the same IMAX, but Ghostbusters this passed weekend was at a different theater altogether.

I also saw the Fathom Events screenings of the TNG episodes they screened before certain seasons of the blu-rays.  Although those didn't look as fantastic as the blurays would look, they definitely looked WAY better than these 3 films.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA