All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 2,111 - 2,120 of 2,831

Pirates 4 on Stranger Tides (Article) - 9/12/2009 10:21:16 AM

"The title seems to be a reference to Tim Power's 1988 fantasy pirate novel, "On Stranger Tides," which has been said to be an inspiration to Walt Disney's iconic ride."

How could a book from 1988 have inspired a ride that was constructed in the mid-to-late 1960s?

LOVELY BONES in December (Article) - 9/11/2009 2:39:27 PM

I could remove Michael Clayton, There Will Be Blood and probably Juno too.  Daniel Day Lewis' performance aside, the movie was an hour too long and wasn't that great anyway.  There were two reasons the film was nominated 1) Daniel Day Lewis and 2) P.T. Anderson.  Juno was really a good movie and I liked it a lot, but was the film itself "Oscar" worthy?  Not in my opinion.

LOVELY BONES in December (Article) - 9/11/2009 11:16:03 AM

Son't know about the summer release thing, pilgram.  It seems to me that with a few excepts like Ledger and Forrest Gump, the movies that get the Oscar nods are released in November and December.  You might be right about the really late Dec. release, but typically if a film's released prior to November, no one remembers it come nomination time.

My most recent example is American Gangster a couple years back.  I came out in October and was basically forgotten come Oscar time (it get get noms for Supporting Actress and Art Direction).  IMHO, it was the best film released that year and Ridley Scott, Denzel, and Crowe all deserved at the very least nominations.

Theron Confirmed for HANCOCK 2 (Article) - 9/11/2009 11:09:23 AM

Pass.

4 Reasons Why RED DAWN Won't Rule (Article) - 9/9/2009 7:11:49 AM

Only a slight disagreement here with one point, Robert.  The good and bad guys in Transformers weren't quite as clear cut as you make them sound.  Sure, we all knew who Optimus and Bumblebee were, but when all hell broke loose on the big screen with the CGI overload, at least for me, it was difficult to tell who was good and who was bad.  But, yes, in a more general sense I would agree that we knew Autobots = Good, Decepticons = bad.  I just had to bash the film once more since half the time there was so much CGI on screen that you couldn't tell what was going on except for Giant robot balls.  That was unnecessary.

Warehouse 13: Regrets Review (Article) - 9/8/2009 1:33:31 PM

Decent episode, but, Rob, I have to disagree with your statement that the background info about Myka's partner and Lattimer's father have been absent from the show since the pilot.  They have been refered to on a number of occassions throughout the series thus far adding a little bit more info each time.  I'm not entirely convinced that Myka's "partner" was more than her secret service partner.

Overall, the show has gotten better over the last few weeks.  While I really like the guest stars like Flanigan, Morton, Helfer, Cerra and whatever the heck Zane from Eureka's name is, they seem to not have much to do in the episodes.  Not that their bad performances but the writers need to find something for them to do rather than just saying "hey looky who we have here!"

Clark Suits up...sorta...for SMALLVILLE (Article) - 9/7/2009 2:06:26 PM

I still like Smallville even though it verses sharply from the mythos.  I think it's more of a "I've stuck it out this long, so let's see how they end it" kind of thing, but they do still have some really cool episodes.  Definitely looking forward to another Geoff Johns episode this season with the JSA coming out of retirement to teach the fledgling JLA a few things.

Still, I thought Clark looks more like Neo then anything else that's been mentioned so far.

Guy Ritchie Collects Bounty on LOBO (Article) - 9/6/2009 7:57:34 AM

Thanks Jarrod!  I don't seem to be having the problem now either!

Guy Ritchie Collects Bounty on LOBO (Article) - 9/3/2009 11:40:58 AM

Xeno, my thoughts exactly.  I just don't see Lobo working as a stand-alone film.  Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

Off Topic, is anyone else having trouble with their accounts?  I logged in and tryied to view my account and it prompts me to change my username (which sucks BTW) and enter my current password.  I do, and I get the message that my password is incorrect, which it's not since I am logged in.  Anyway, just curious if anyone else was having the same issue.

DVD Shopping Bag: Smallville Season 8 on Blu-ray (Article) - 9/1/2009 12:34:56 PM

I usually check out www.dvdpricesearch.com for the best deals.  Search for a title there and it'll give you a list of online stores from cheapest to most expensive.  Usually Deep Discount has the best deals, but Buy.com has some good deals every now and again.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA