All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 2,111 - 2,120 of 2,749

Hollywood Leading Men Who Started Out In Cheesy Horror Movies (Article) - 7/13/2009 7:31:33 AM

A list of Hollywood's leading men who started out in horror movies and it doesn't include Johnny Depp? Wes Craven only cast Johnny in Nightmare on Elm Street because Wes' daughter wouldn't shut-up about how "dreamy" Depp was. I know the article says "Cheesy Horror Movies," but still, I think this should have been included.

TV Wasteland: Truth In Advertising (Article) - 7/13/2009 7:15:46 AM

Rodents of Unsual Size, Rob?  I don't think they exist.

Ryan Reynolds is GREEN LANTERN (Article) - 7/12/2009 9:40:43 AM

fft, He was good in Harold and Kumar, but I don't think he "made that movie.  Neil Patrick Harris MADE Harold and Kumar.

6 Actors Who Could Be Jack Ryan (Article) - 7/8/2009 12:51:42 PM

I like Spacey, but not for Jack Ryan.  He's a great actor but I've never really seen him "do" action before and that a necessity for Jack Ryan.

From this list, I think Viggo is best suited for this role.  He's definitely bad-ass when it comes to action, and I'm sure if you clean him up a bit and put him in a suit he can pull that off too.

Sam Worthington isn't too bad a choice, but I don't know if you can say he's the next big thing just because James Cameron loves him.  I mean, look at Michael Biehn.  I think he's a great actor and I like seeing him in a lot of films, but James Cameron obivously had a hard-on for him and he's never been a "big" star in Hollywood.

And while I like Nathan Fillion, I don't see them picking him for Jack Ryan.  He can do the action, but I like seeing him in films were he can also use he comedic skills in addition to the action.  That's why I'd still really like to see him take on a superhero role at some point.  He's just quite good with the sarcastic humor.  Maybe Flash since Ryan Reynolds seems to be busy with Deadpool?

CAPTAIN NEMO Rewrite for Randall Wallace (Article) - 7/8/2009 12:20:48 PM

lancedenier, I like Kal Penn, but he's taking a hiatius from acting for next few years. He's working for Obama as an ambassador for Asian Americans. It's the reason why he left House earlier this year.

MACGRUBER Movie is Coming (Article) - 7/8/2009 5:51:50 AM

The first sketch made me chuckle a little and then a little more when Richard Dean Anderson joined the act.  I've fast-forwarded through it everytime since.

DVD Shopping Bag: Plan 9: Cure for the Summer Blues (Article) - 7/7/2009 3:17:10 PM

Dalton may have sucked in Flash Gordon, but he was freakin' AWESOME in Hot Fuzz.  Such a great performance.

Gotta agree too with your recommendations of Last Starfighter and Explorers (actually rewatched that a couple months back).  Both are great fun.

And sorry Kwsupes, but we might have to just agree to disagree on Shamhack.  I went into seeing Sixth Sense with no expectations and came out wondering how so many people thought it was brilliant.  Same goes for the rest of his films.  I never went in to all of them with no expectations and came out shaking my head and wondering how the guy still gets to make films.  I know I'm in the minority for a couple of his films, but I stand by my views.

Never Before Seen Transformers (Article) - 7/7/2009 12:50:10 PM

LOL, Sharpe, and I think you're dead right with the comparison. Though, these cartoons look to be a little better constructed than either of the two Bay films especially this new one.

I always wondered where the hell that sweetass Powermaster Optimus Prime toy came from. Now I know, and I guess knowing is still considered half the battle. Anyway, I always did that PM Optimus as kid, just didn't know where it fit in the whole mythos. Thanks, Tim.

Torchwood: Children of Earth Preview (Article) - 7/7/2009 12:29:51 PM

Don't know if everyone's came up this way or not, but the first two videos are the same.  Still, it was easy enough to load up Eve's interview after you view Russell's.  Can't wait for NEW WHO AND NEW TORCHWOOD!!!

Jarrod, this is off topic, but is anyone doing a review for this week's Merlin?

MISERABLE HERO for Mandate (Article) - 7/7/2009 9:56:05 AM

Xeno, that could be cool if they could get it to work right.  I just don't see a theater investing that kind of money in something that's only used for one film.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA