All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 2,111 - 2,120 of 2,569

The Best of Star Trek: The Next Generation (Article) - 5/6/2009 7:31:11 AM

"Cause and Effect"  that was the timeloop episode I was trying to think of.

Starlight, have you tried watching episodes from the fourth season of Enterprise?  That's really the only season that's any good.  There's a three episode arc beginning with episode 4 - "Borderland with Brent Spiner as Dr. Soong and his experiments with human augments (super-humans like Kahn). Then another two episode arc, "Affliction" and "Divergence."  Those two episodes deal with Klingons experimenting with the human agument DNA and using it on their own people.  This is two parter is meant to show why they were differences between the Klingons in the TOS and in the movies and beyond.  And, the series finale is kind of interesting.  It's framed up during the TNG episode Pegasus where Riker is trying to decide between family and his duty.  Troi tells Riker to use the Holodeck to recreate the NX-01's final mission in th ehopes that it will help him answer his questions.

Enterprise wasn't very good overall, but they did try some interesting storylines in the 4th season.  It just proved to be too little too late.

Fox to wade into DEADPOOL (Article) - 5/6/2009 7:16:42 AM

Wait, did I read that right?  Sony, how is Passion of the Christ about a bad guy/villian?

Dom DeLuise Passes Away (Article) - 5/6/2009 7:10:12 AM

I re-watched a few clips from History of the World and Robin Hood Men in Tights last night.  I also put in my DVD of the episode "Urgo" from the third season of SG-1 (hadn't watched in a quite a while).  It's just one of the funniest episodes of that show.  Dom, thanks for all the laughter.

Preview: SMALLVILLE 8.21 - "Injustice" (Article) - 5/5/2009 4:56:19 PM

I knew why Chloe was running.  I was just commenting how quickly she keeps flip-flipping.

I don't know if any of the JLA is in this week's show.  I don't think so.  They will be back in the finale, though, next week.  I believe Black Canary and Impulse are back.  Also one of the Legion is back from the future to help.   I forget which one at the moment.  I hope they bring back Martian Manhunter more next year.  I know he lost his powers saving Clark's ass, but Phil Morris is great as the Manhunter.

Should be interesting to see who dies next week and supposedly stays dead.  I've always thought Chloe, but Aussilo's clue said it's not Chloe.  Who knows.  Should be fun.  The producers have been teasing the big throwdown between Clark and Doomsday all season.  Hope it lives up to the hype.

2009 MTV Movie Award Nominations (Article) - 5/5/2009 4:45:52 PM

I remember back when they first started this awards show and they had the Lifetime Achievement award.  It was always a big joke like giving it Chewbacca, etc.  And then they gave it Clint Howard in like the third or fourth year and Mtv starting taking it a little more seriously because Clint was so thankful and appreciative of the award.  He might have even cried a little he was so happy.

Really, don't make a point of watching it anymore.  If it's one and I'm flipping channels, I'll probably check it out.  Especially with all the damn Hannah Montana and HSM BS this year, I'm really not all that interested in it.

They have had some funny skits in the past though.  Some of my favs are:

Pulp Fiction - with the Sweathogs from Welcome Back, Kotter.

Interview with A Batman - with Adam West and Frank Gorshen

Fellowship of the Ring - with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jack Black

Also, Andy Serkis' acceptance of best CGI Performance with Gollum stealing the trophy and telling everyone to F off.

There's probably a few other there like the one last year with Downey, Jr., Stiller and Jack Black, but I can't think of them now.

Dom DeLuise Passes Away (Article) - 5/5/2009 4:33:42 PM

RIP, Dom.  You've given us all many decades of hilarity.  I'm sure that Heaven is a much funnier place now.

The Best of Star Trek: The Next Generation (Article) - 5/5/2009 6:34:20 AM

Starlight, couldn't agree more with the Fistfull of Datas, Relic, and the two Holmes episodes.  I know, they aren't Shakespeare but they are well done and most of all damn fun to watch.  I'd add to that list

Times Arrow Parts 1 and 2 - Data is early 20th century San Francisco.

The Royale - Riker and his away team are trapped in a casino which was recreated by aliens from the old Bond book Casino Royale after a lone Earth Astronaut is marooned on the planet.

And I can't remember the epsiode, but I really liked the episode where Worf returns from a batlef tournament and the timeline keeps changing.  Also, the one where the Enterprise is stuck in the timeloop and everyone experiences deja vu but they are really remembering because they've been repeating.  And I also liked the one where Data begins having nightmares and tries to kill Troi.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/5/2009 6:14:05 AM

grepdogg, I agree that the movie was disappointing especially in the special effects department, though I think the Mummy III had better effects (which were still bad mind you) than Wolverine.  The $87 million that was reported on this site on Sunday was just the estimates that come in late Sunday morning.  The actual gross released yesterday is right around $85.  This film did have a bigger opening than the first X-Men movie ($54 million).  X2 opened with nearly the same numbers ($85 million and change) and X3 opened the biggest with $102 million.

Amish, I've heard the same thing too about the the leaked version being the same one that was released over the weekend.  Not sure if it's true or not, but I have heard it elsewhere.

NBC Announces Pick-ups for 2009-2010 (Article) - 5/5/2009 6:02:25 AM

Hanso, that Indian guy on P&R is one of the few reasons I've stuck with the show.  He is hilarious!

NBC Announces Pick-ups for 2009-2010 (Article) - 5/4/2009 6:17:33 PM

I think they did Gauley and it failed miserably.  I think there was also Parent 'Hood.

Parks and Recreation is okay so far.  I wish it wouldn't try so hard to be EXACTLY like The Office.  I really like the Office, but I think P&R would be much better if it can find it own thing.  The talent's definitely there.  I always loved Amy Poehler as far back as Upright Citizens Brigade.

Also, isn't the whole point of SNL that they aren't ready for primetime?  I watched the first couple of those Thursday Night Updates and it was amusing the first time but after that it was just repetitive.  I also haven't been a regular viewer of SNL in a LONG time.  I'll catch an episode or a sketch here or there, but overall I've been unimpressed with the show for a while now.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA