All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 21 - 30 of 2,626
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - Black Widow Featurette (Article) - 3/11/2014 9:50:33 AM

^^ LOL!!

The Walking Dead: Alone Review (Article) - 3/11/2014 9:49:40 AM

violator, I have to agree with you on Daryl opening the door for the hord of zombies.  I shouted at the TV, "Daryl, look through the boards first you idoit!"  It seemed a very "un-Daryl" thing to just causally open the door when heard his booby-trap being triggered.

The Walking Dead: Alone Review (Article) - 3/11/2014 8:14:49 AM

Parts of this episode were good character building moments.  The opening scene with Bob's journey, I felt wasn't one of those moments.  We already knew that Bob had a drinking problem (I don't think it was because of the zombie apocalypse) and we already knew that he had been with 2 groups and was the lone survivor from both groups.  It was a waste of 5 minutes of the episode.  Now what would have been great in those 5 minutes with Bob, would have been to have seen him with these other groups and see what really went down.  That would have been some good storytelling rather than having him walk around aimlessly drinking for however long only to cut back to present day and he's still wondering around.  I guess this time around at least he's not drunk and has a purpose.  I suppose that counts as character growth.

I did like that the gang lead by Jeff Kober is back.  I knew when I saw him on the porch of the house where Rick was hiding that these guys would be back.  Jeff is too recognizable an actor to be in one scene with absolutely nothing to do.  Sure, he's not a household name but his face is recognizable to, I'd say, more than half of this show's target demo.

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Doctor Who - Time of the Doctor (Article) - 3/11/2014 7:57:14 AM

I have been meaning to rewatch Time of the Doctor (still have it on my DVR), but I felt a bit like you, Bob.  It felt off and overall a fairly weak episode story and writing-wise.  It may have been the overshadowing by Tennant and Capadli, but I'm thinking it more comes down to Steven Moffat.  Sure, under Davies tenure as show runner, Moffat had some great episodes that he wrote. And Sherlock is probably the most brilliant show on the BBC, but I'm wonderin just how much of that is more Mark Gatiss than Moffat at this point.

I've made no secret that I disliked Amy Pond.  I was glad to see her go.  Rory I quite liked and I was sad at his passing.  I just didn't like that Moffat turned the show into a program all about Amy Pond (even changing the time-honored show-opening into her story and not The Doctor's).  Matt did great with what he had and he finally had the chance to shine this last season with solid episodes in previous years without Amy like the one where he get a flat-mate in London.

Moffat did his best, I suppose with nods to the history of the show, but this swan-song for Mr. Smith fell flat for me.

Terry Crews for Luke Cage? (Article) - 3/11/2014 7:45:07 AM

Isn't the Rock teasing a role in the DCU Movies?  I guess that wouldn't necessarily preclude him from joining up with team Marvel, but my guess is it would be one or the other.

4 Minute Rhino Appearence? (Article) - 3/11/2014 7:38:17 AM

Logic, you might be right there about Giamatti being on-screen for only about 4 minutes, but The Rhino being in there a bit more.

Also, if we're talking about movies with more than one super-villian, I think that Batman: The Movie 1966 was probably the first.

The Spring of '84: Splash (Article) - 3/11/2014 7:31:42 AM

I was so in love with Daryl Hannah back when this came out.  I wanted to do so many things to her that a 4 year old really didn't understand, but I still wanted to.

New MALEFICENT Poster Arrives (Article) - 3/11/2014 7:29:29 AM

Tim Curry was awesome in Legend.  Though I've always been a big Tim Curry fan too.

3 NEW Clips From Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Article) - 3/11/2014 7:27:01 AM

No real concern or hating on the narration, Reek.  Just saying that was the vibe I felt the promos were giving off.  I'm looking forward to the movie despite Hollywood's reluctance to giving us something that actually looks liek The Green Goblin.

The Shadow Collectors Edition Blu-ray Review (Article) - 3/10/2014 1:35:14 PM

I think Raimi has been talking about doing The Shadow for the last 20 years.  I think I remember hearing that he wanted to direct this one, but the studio wouldn't take a chance on him as a director for a "big" budget franchise at the time, so he made Darkman instead.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA