All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 21 - 30 of 2,914
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Arrow: Left Behind review (Article) - 1/23/2015 8:06:56 AM

She did use the sonic blasts bombs or whever they call them on this show that would basically be the same effect.  All that said, yes, she did turn into a superheroine way too quick.  Hopefully they pay that aspect off a bit in the coming episodes.  I really thought we'd get the Lazarus Pit being the device to resurrect Ollie.

Supergirl Has Been Cast (Article) - 1/23/2015 7:28:53 AM

I don't get how you can have Supergirl without Superman.  For me, she needs Clark to guide her, but maybe it'll be fine.  Just have to wait to see.

I'm not sure that Supergirl would crossover with Arrow and Flash though.  This says Supergirl is on CBS.  Arrow and Flash are on CW.  Viacom owns CBS.  WB owns CW.  It would make for quite the crossover event if Viacom allowed this.

Mania Box Office Report: American Sniper nails it! (Article) - 1/20/2015 11:32:29 AM

Foxcatcher finally opened up in my area.  Not at all what I was expecting, especially in the end.  I wasn't familiar at all with this story prior to going into the theater.  It was well done with some great performances even though (from what I could read online) there were some historic inaccuracies and passage of time that wasn't reflected in this final edit of the movie.

"Powers" on Late Night with Seth Myers (Article) - 1/20/2015 8:49:13 AM

That's a pretty narrow audience to capture.  Haven't owned a PS since numero uno and have no intention of buying one.  I like video games, but not at the ridiculous price tags the consoles have jumped to lately.

The Strain Season 2 Trailer (Article) - 1/20/2015 8:45:50 AM

Meh, I'm undecided on continuing with this series.  The first season had some really good parts and a tons of underwhelming lost opportunities.  May wait and see as we get closer to the summer preimere.  Right now, I'm not feeling it.

5 Michael Keaton Films to Re-watch Before the Oscars (Article) - 1/13/2015 11:10:47 AM

In my mind, Keaton doesn't get any better than he was in Beetlejuice.  He's a really great comedic actor.  I grew up watching Mr. Mom as well even had it on DVD.  I think it was a promo giveaway maybe 10 years ago at Pizza Hut.  They gave you a DVD with the purchase of a pizza.  Seems like they shouldn't given out Multiplicity rather than Mr. Mom, but I digress.

How has no one mentioned The Dream Team yet?  That movie is freakin' hilarious!

Batman V. Superman TWO films? (Article) - 1/13/2015 10:31:36 AM

I see your points guys and I agree with them.  Just saying this is a question that I hear all the time and in general "they're fighting their own battles" doesn't really solve it.  If all the other flicks are happening at the same time, that's fine, but there should be references to it.  Iron Man 2 did this with the stuff Tony saw about The Hulk on the college campus while SHIELD was evaluating him.  Being on different parts of the globe doesn't hold up because we have seen may times that quick transportation isn't a problem.  SHIELD seems to have no problem jetting across the globe at a moment's notice.  As a comic fan, we're all used to the individual stories and then the team ups.  I really don't care one way or the other about why the other heroes don't help out everytime.  You would think that if the President's life was in danger then Capt should've been the first there to help out.  Again, Thor takes place largely off world, so he's an exception a lot of the time.

I don't think anyone ever said DC doesn't have this problem.  That's been a big part of the discussions I've had with friends since they announced that other heroes already exist in MOS' world.  If that's the case, where the hell was Batman, GL, Flash, WW, etc.  Hopefully it'll be explained, but it likely won't.

Just saying, you are preaching to the choir on this, but the general public doesn't always except 'well, they were busy with their own problems.'  If it's a global threat, then there aren't 'bigger' problems that would tie one up.

Batman V. Superman TWO films? (Article) - 1/12/2015 10:40:11 AM

As comic fans, yes we are accustomed to not having all the characters show up in every comic, but from an outside (non-comic reader/fan) perspective it doesn't make sense.  If the world is in danger than all the heroes should assemble and help out.  Thor may be an exception being off world, but when the Dark Elf was threatening to destory reality or whatever, then Tony, Fury, Hulk, Widow, Hawkeye and Capt should've all come to help out.  Again this is all from an outside perspective because I have friends who ask this question all the time.  It's a legitimate question whether you disagree or not.

Golden Globes 2015 - Winners (Article) - 1/12/2015 10:06:26 AM

Oh and no, I haven't seen The Boxtrolls, but I was assuming with the stop motion style and all that the artsy foreign press association would love that sort of thing.  I do want to see it though.  That 'Whole World' trailer for it with behind the scenes and all was probably my favorite trailer of the year.

Golden Globes 2015 - Winners (Article) - 1/12/2015 10:04:43 AM

Game of Thrones is only nominated as a courtesty because of the popularity and the epic scope of the series.  It will always be looked down upon by the hollywood muckity mucks because it is fantasy.  Sure, they gave Peter Dinklage an Emmy, but that was just like giving a dog a bone in hopes of soothing the fanbase.  Maybe, Maybe it will win once the series concludes, but I doubt it will before then.

I was surprised by the win for How to Train Your Dragon 2.  It was really good, but really had fallen off my radar.  I thought sure Lego Movie or Boxtrolls would win.  Big Hero 6 was good, but I didn't see it as 'Best' of the year.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA