All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 41 - 50 of 2,700

The Rover Theatrical Poster Revealed (Article) - 5/15/2014 9:50:08 AM

Thanks, Cinemaman!

The Rover Theatrical Poster Revealed (Article) - 5/15/2014 8:12:35 AM

Speaking of post-apocalyptic movies, the hell happened to Mad Max. Haven't heard jack about that in almost a year?

FIRST PHOTO: Batman and Batmobile (Article) - 5/15/2014 8:06:41 AM

^^LOL, Violator!

Yes, my main gripe with Man of Steel is the way Pa Kent died as well, but then again, I have never been a fan of having either of the Kent's dead.  I really like the way Superman/Clark is as a character when he has his parents around to help humanize him.

Samson, I think you might be reading too much into something that wasn't there in the movie itself.  You're talking about the public outcry and wanting Superman to leave if this is the type of destruction his presence brings.  Who's saying that's not what the people of "this movie reality" aren't saying?  We simply don't know the world's real feelings after the events of Man of Steel.  If Snyder and Goyer are smart (and I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt), that's what we are going to see play out in this sequel.  There will be 2 camps: those against Superman and those for him.  I think that's where Batman and Lex come into play.  Batman will be trying to figure out if he's friend or foe and how to defeat this "god" if it comes to that.  Lex will be rallying people against Superman and trying to rebuild after the destruction (possibly in a campaign for himself to be voted into office).  The facts of the first movie are that Lois likes Superman/Kal/Clark and so do some of the soldiers he saved.  Government still doesn't trust them and we have NO idea what the public thinks of him yet.

Also according to Snyder, the destruction in the Man of Steel probably amounted to 5000 casualties.  Nothing to scoff at, but not 10s of millions of deaths either.

FIRST PHOTO: Batman and Batmobile (Article) - 5/14/2014 1:26:12 PM

I didn't say the movie was without its flaws (I don't count Supes killing Zod as one of those flaws depending on how it plays out in the sequel). And I didn't say the movie was a comedy. There can be humor in a movie that doesn't cause one to laugh out loud or start rolling on the floor in a fit of laughter. There's humor in all sorts of moments like when Kal throws the trucker guy's Semi in to power pole, when Kal learns to fly and crashes into the mountain, the breaking the hand-cuffs scene in the interview scene, the reaction of the priest to Kal's admission that he's the one the aliens are looking for, the "000 Days since the last accident" sign in the construction site fight, Holo-Jor El leading Lois through Zods ship, among others. To say the more is totally grim, no humor and that Supes never cracks a smile, tells me that some people obviously didn't pay attention to the movie.

FIRST PHOTO: Batman and Batmobile (Article) - 5/14/2014 8:59:33 AM

Not sure what movie most were watching, but Man of Steel had a pretty decent amount of humor.  Not as much when compared to Marvel movies, but it was there.

Game of Thrones: The Laws of Gods and Men Review (Article) - 5/13/2014 12:29:48 PM

Yes, it shouldn't be too difficult to infer what "trail by combat" means.  Not only has it happened at least twice in the as others have pointed out, but there have been conversations about the first time Tyrion called for trial by combat in the last few episodes.  Bronn telling Jamie how he and Tyrion met, and again by the little prince at the Eryie when Sansa was brought there by Little Finger.  He was telling Sansa about how he wanted to make the little man fly.

I'm pretty sure something else mentioned it, but the scene when Yara and her men fled wasn't poorly edited. If anyone paid attention, Ramsey threatened to sick the dogs after her (of which he had several) and Yara having seen that Theon was no longer Theon decided the fight wasn't worth losing more men.  Option 2 is that Ramsey did let the dogs loose and they fled.  Either way worked more me, but I assumed she decided to not risk her and his mens' lives for someone who doesn't exist anymore.

Flash and iZombie Updates (Article) - 5/12/2014 8:54:39 AM

Yeah, I don't like to be hater from teh get go before I see anything else, but that iZombie show sounds like one of the stupidest shows ideas I have ever heard of.

Power Rangers Relaunch (Article) - 5/8/2014 8:25:00 AM

Yeah, my nephew was a huge fan of this show in the early-mid 90's.  For me, like some of my other maniacs, felt it was a crap rip-off of Voltron.

Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Official Trailer #2 (Article) - 5/8/2014 8:15:56 AM

So is Andy doing the voice of Caesar as well?

The Spring of '84: Sixteen Candles (Article) - 5/8/2014 8:05:34 AM

Hanso, while I liked the movie much more, but I did watch the Weird Science TV show from the 90s.  I remember it being watchable, maybe not the greatest, but enjoying.  Add in Vanessa Angel and...well, that's all I really needed as a teenage boy to be interested in a show.  Oh and I'm pretty sure the guy who played Gary in the TV show ended up marrying Jenny McCarthy.  Of course, though, they aren't together anymore.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA