All redhairs99's Comments

Showing items 41 - 50 of 2,928

Batman V. Superman TWO films? (Article) - 1/13/2015 10:31:36 AM

I see your points guys and I agree with them.  Just saying this is a question that I hear all the time and in general "they're fighting their own battles" doesn't really solve it.  If all the other flicks are happening at the same time, that's fine, but there should be references to it.  Iron Man 2 did this with the stuff Tony saw about The Hulk on the college campus while SHIELD was evaluating him.  Being on different parts of the globe doesn't hold up because we have seen may times that quick transportation isn't a problem.  SHIELD seems to have no problem jetting across the globe at a moment's notice.  As a comic fan, we're all used to the individual stories and then the team ups.  I really don't care one way or the other about why the other heroes don't help out everytime.  You would think that if the President's life was in danger then Capt should've been the first there to help out.  Again, Thor takes place largely off world, so he's an exception a lot of the time.

I don't think anyone ever said DC doesn't have this problem.  That's been a big part of the discussions I've had with friends since they announced that other heroes already exist in MOS' world.  If that's the case, where the hell was Batman, GL, Flash, WW, etc.  Hopefully it'll be explained, but it likely won't.

Just saying, you are preaching to the choir on this, but the general public doesn't always except 'well, they were busy with their own problems.'  If it's a global threat, then there aren't 'bigger' problems that would tie one up.

Batman V. Superman TWO films? (Article) - 1/12/2015 10:40:11 AM

As comic fans, yes we are accustomed to not having all the characters show up in every comic, but from an outside (non-comic reader/fan) perspective it doesn't make sense.  If the world is in danger than all the heroes should assemble and help out.  Thor may be an exception being off world, but when the Dark Elf was threatening to destory reality or whatever, then Tony, Fury, Hulk, Widow, Hawkeye and Capt should've all come to help out.  Again this is all from an outside perspective because I have friends who ask this question all the time.  It's a legitimate question whether you disagree or not.

Golden Globes 2015 - Winners (Article) - 1/12/2015 10:06:26 AM

Oh and no, I haven't seen The Boxtrolls, but I was assuming with the stop motion style and all that the artsy foreign press association would love that sort of thing.  I do want to see it though.  That 'Whole World' trailer for it with behind the scenes and all was probably my favorite trailer of the year.

Golden Globes 2015 - Winners (Article) - 1/12/2015 10:04:43 AM

Game of Thrones is only nominated as a courtesty because of the popularity and the epic scope of the series.  It will always be looked down upon by the hollywood muckity mucks because it is fantasy.  Sure, they gave Peter Dinklage an Emmy, but that was just like giving a dog a bone in hopes of soothing the fanbase.  Maybe, Maybe it will win once the series concludes, but I doubt it will before then.

I was surprised by the win for How to Train Your Dragon 2.  It was really good, but really had fallen off my radar.  I thought sure Lego Movie or Boxtrolls would win.  Big Hero 6 was good, but I didn't see it as 'Best' of the year.

Mania Box Office Report: TAKEN with Taken 3 (Article) - 1/12/2015 9:48:52 AM

Not surprised at all by Taken 3 winning the box office this week.  The Hobbit has ruled for 3 weeks, but the Taken series has been fairly popular even if the last one wasn't as good, so no surprise here.

Daredevil Motion Poster and Release Date Arrive (Article) - 1/7/2015 1:36:06 PM

Netflix usually posts it's original series with all episodes at once if I'm not mistaken.

The Lazarus Effect - Official Trailer (Article) - 1/7/2015 1:34:14 PM

I was wondering the same thing, Violatorr!

Masters of the Universe Script Completed (Article) - 1/6/2015 9:46:22 AM

What? No mention of Star Trek Voyager's own Tom Paris being Courtney Cox's boyfriend in the original?

Oh and Frank Langella killed it as Skeletor.  By far, the high point of that original movie.

Aaron Paul for Star Wars Spin Off?! (Article) - 1/5/2015 12:35:11 PM

I don't know.  I just can't see Han or Boba yelling 'Yo, bitch!'

The Best Movies of 2014 (Article) - 12/30/2014 6:39:32 PM

Yeah, had a bit of a WTF moment when I saw Rob list Noah as the Best Picture.  That just has me scratching my head.  I'm still confused by it.

Interstellar and Gone Girl are my votes for Best Picture this year.  Interstellar may get the nod because of the scope and scale of the movie, but Gone Girl is one of Fincher's best as well.

REDHAIRS99'S MANIACAL PERSONA