All rgtchtiger's Comments

Scarlett-less G.I. JOE Sequel? (Article) - 3/5/2011 12:35:18 PM

The (potentially) good: No Marlon Wayans back as Ripcord.

The (very likely) bad: No Cobra Commander, Zartan, Baroness, Scarlett, Destro, etc. either.

Does this mean a whole littany of new characters will be introduced in this one?  Will we get Flint, Roadblock, Shipwreck, Major Bludd, and/or Xamot/Tomax?

It probably doesn't matter since this sequel could very likely end up being worse than the original, which is a tall order in and of itself.

Top 5 1980s Properties That Need Their Own Movie (Article) - 3/3/2011 8:44:46 AM

Jiminy Christmas, where is VOLTRON on this list?????

<rolls eyes in amazement/shame>

ThunderCats Sneak Peek Online (Article) - 2/28/2011 5:52:32 AM

Shokara - well hot damn, thanks for the info!  :-)

TV Wasteland: The Cancellation Hammer Falls (Article) - 2/28/2011 5:51:03 AM

Re: The sequel to Ghost Rider - I think a better question would be can the sequel be any worse?

ThunderCats Sneak Peek Online (Article) - 2/27/2011 5:03:31 PM

Based on these short glimpses, it looks like the Thundercats won't be leaving Thundera (at least not right away).  Does this mean Mumm-Ra and/or the mutants won't be involved in this new series?  Either way, I'm very interested in checking the series out when it debuts.

Chu Confirmed for G.I. JOE 2 (Article) - 2/27/2011 4:59:58 PM

madmanic, I thought GI Joe was a horrendous waste of 90 minutes of my life.  I want to believe that GI Joe 2 could be better given new writers and a new director, but I'm trying to picture the trailers promoting the film using text like "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF STEP UP 2 AND STEP UP 3D".  That idea doesn't sit well with me at all. to say the least.  So much for the idea that a sequel could fix the mistakes from the first film.

Scott's PROMETHEUS Adds Cast (Article) - 2/27/2011 7:46:15 AM

Oh, and one other thing - in an age where many of the posts on here consist of resentment towards Hollywood over sequels, prequels, remakes, and reboots, why on earth is there the same reaction towards a film that is actually an original property?  It's not even an adaptation of a comic book, novel, or other property.  This is a film with its own mythology from one of the best directors alive today calling the shots.  That alone has me mega excited for the film.

Scott's PROMETHEUS Adds Cast (Article) - 2/27/2011 7:42:43 AM

If I understand therockdltj's post correctly, you're assuming that a prequel to Alien was going to be a filet mignon, and Prometheus is the stale Cheeto from under the couch.  If that's what you were saying, I could not disagree more.  What story could possibly be told that hasn't already been explored in the Aliens' universe?  We learned plenty about the creatures' life cycle and biology in Aliens, and the only small addition beyond that was in Alien 3 when we learned that the creature can partially take on the properties of its host (in this case, a dog).  What else do we really need to know?  The franchise had been beaten to death by Alien Resurrection (though a sequel to that film so we finally get to see what life on Earth is like by that point could have been interesting), and the AVP films didn't even bother trying to develop the creature more.  So I ask again, what else could be developed on the creature?  Is seeing the aliens' homeworld really that interesting?  I would actually contend it is not, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Fox 2000 Showing DELIRIUM (Article) - 2/25/2011 9:37:20 AM

I'd actually say it's Equilibrium crossed with Twilight.  And I know Delirium isn't the first product to feature such a contrivance, but seriously - doesn't just the opening exposition in the blurb up top SCREAM to the reader that in a society that has figured out a way somehow to suppress the emotion of love, the main character in our story manages to fall in love a short while before being given the treatment?  In essence, the plot only exists in an effort to serve itself and throws logic and common sense out the window.

9 Great Scenery Chewers (Article) - 2/22/2011 5:56:00 AM

I might have a different definition of scenery chewing in my head, but two timeless roles immediately came to mind when I saw the headline before actually reading the list.

Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber in Die Hard and Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter in The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal.

Unless this article is defining chewing scenery as simply overacting (and really, such an argument can easily be made since Chris Tucker in The Fifth Element is on this list), then I don't see how either of these roles can be left off.  I was especially shocked to see the wrong Alan Rickman role on this list!  Sure, he was great in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves, but Hans Gruber is one of the all time greatest movie villains ever.

And speaking of all time great villains...

It is a travesty that Hannibal Lecter isn't on this list.  He was only on screen in Silence for about 15 minutes, but he OWNED every single scene he was in.  Even while he was behind bars for half those scenes, he was still intimidating.  That's true scenery chewing, in my opinion.

RGTCHTIGER'S MANIACAL PERSONA