All rondorondorondo's Comments

Cruise in Liman's MORTALS? (Article) - 10/10/2011 8:37:13 AM

Hey Mania, did you guys forget that you had an anime/manga section? I say that because this story came up on my feed.

Nozomi Announces Second Utena Set (Article) - 5/9/2011 7:22:31 AM

That's nice and all but the pressing question is...

Did everyone in the anime/manga section go on vacation or something?

VIZ Media Lauches Prince Of Tennis Anime On iTunes (Article) - 4/20/2011 10:49:02 AM

Great...how about bringing the rest of it over?

Hyperdimension Neptunia Review (Article) - 4/12/2011 8:12:44 AM

Playing this game makes my head hurt. Dungeons are so uninspired and the healing system is a big PITA.

Bandai To Announce New License At Sakura-Con (Article) - 4/11/2011 8:15:23 AM

"This, plus Funi's poor record on their bluray releases, is a large part of the reason for Funi's drastic decline in both sales and company value since 2006." Is there any place where I can read into the fact that their poor record on bluray releases has contributed to their drastic decline? To me, it seems that the economic crapfest of the past few years has more to do with that than bluray failures.

To your argument, 6 months is too agressive if you are aligning with their licensing annoucement. It is more like a year from a licensing annoucement, but once the first volume is out (assuming a 12 episode split here), the second one won't be too far behind. (There are the occasional exceptions of course, Linebarrels comes to mind)

As for picking up the Geneon license sweep, you can't expect Funi to just put in their touches and dump them all out into the market at once. If I were in Funi's shoes, it would make more sense to spread out those releases amongst the ones they were already scheduling up. Unfortunately for some, this would mean longer waits and we all hate waiting. I'm still waiting on Tenchi myself.

4Kids Entertainment Files for Bankruptcy Under Chapter 11 (Article) - 4/7/2011 6:12:59 AM

1. Get Sued

2. File Bankruptcy

3. Que Montgomery Burns, "Excellent"

4. ...

5. Profit?

Hikaru no Go And MAR Anime Get Widespread Distribution (Article) - 2/23/2011 7:46:44 AM

So to own, this would mean Hikaru No Go would be $149.25 and MAR would be 103.48.

PASS

Geneon and FUNimation Blaze into June (Article) - 4/2/2009 2:57:11 PM

@jmg134:

Doesn't look like there has been an official US DVD release due to legal mumbo jumbo. You'll have to hope for an overseas release if you want an actual DVD.

RONDORONDORONDO'S MANIACAL PERSONA