All rvaux16's Comments

HARRY POTTER HOGWARTS COLLECTION Release Date (Article) - 3/25/2014 1:57:26 PM

Not sure this one's going ot beat the 20-pound monster they released in 2011....

10 Best Richard Matheson Movie and TV Moments (Article) - 7/2/2013 1:21:25 PM

The George Miller clip captured the paranoia better in my mind. It really is this sweat-lined nightmare... and Lithgow's fellow passengers are almost as scary as the monster on the wing. I don['t think one is better than the other. Just two distinct takes on the same stoy... which, in my mind, says a lot about the power of the story.

Mania Review: The Lone Ranger (Article) - 7/1/2013 11:16:44 AM

@Goirish. Call it a guilty pleasure. A film can be entertaining without being good. Case in point: The Fast and the Furious series.

The Summer of '83: Blue Thunder (Article) - 5/14/2013 5:49:22 PM

We're running it because we got a really positive response ot the Summer of 82. I'm still kicking myself for not getting on this for the Summer of 81 (another classic). And yeah, 83 wasn't nearly 82 or 84, but we're hoping for some fun trips down memory lane regardless. :)

Mania Interview: Steven Spielberg (Article) - 11/7/2012 4:08:55 PM

Kinetoscope: the press day took place before the Star Wars/Disney announcement.

10 Greatest Moments in Batman History (Article) - 7/17/2012 10:59:58 AM

I thought long and hard about Year One, but eventually decided that The Dark Knigth Returns more or less covered it. The Arkham video games were a tough, tough cut.

GI Joe Retaliation Delayed (Article) - 5/25/2012 12:41:24 PM

Unofficial word is that Hasbro got VERY cold feet after the poor showing of Battleship. I think it's a big mistake, but we'll see.

Summer of '82: The Road Warrior (Article) - 5/22/2012 9:01:24 PM

@EagleManiac. Our Poltergeist retrospective will be along on the anniversary of its release, June 4. (Star Trek II opened on that day too.) Stay tuned!

Summer of '82: Conan the Barbarian (Article) - 5/17/2012 10:10:42 AM

LOVE the comments here guys! We're keeping this series up: The Road Warrior comes next week and more throughout the summer. (And not just the great ones too... I've hunted down an elusive copy of Megaforce...) Thanks for rewading and responding so enthusiastically!

The Geek Life: My Last Avengers Screening (Article) - 5/16/2012 10:48:26 AM

The El Capitan is a truly magical place to watch a movie. They literally open about six layers of curtains before starting the show. They also do retrospectives during slow patches of the year, so you can see Pinocchio or Beauty and the Beast on the big screen. (They do The Nightmare Before Christmas every Halloween.) Glad Bob popped his El Cap cherry with such an awesome film!

RVAUX16'S MANIACAL PERSONA