All rvaux16's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

GI Joe Retaliation Delayed (Article) - 5/25/2012 12:41:24 PM

Unofficial word is that Hasbro got VERY cold feet after the poor showing of Battleship. I think it's a big mistake, but we'll see.

Summer of '82: The Road Warrior (Article) - 5/22/2012 9:01:24 PM

@EagleManiac. Our Poltergeist retrospective will be along on the anniversary of its release, June 4. (Star Trek II opened on that day too.) Stay tuned!

Summer of '82: Conan the Barbarian (Article) - 5/17/2012 10:10:42 AM

LOVE the comments here guys! We're keeping this series up: The Road Warrior comes next week and more throughout the summer. (And not just the great ones too... I've hunted down an elusive copy of Megaforce...) Thanks for rewading and responding so enthusiastically!

The Geek Life: My Last Avengers Screening (Article) - 5/16/2012 10:48:26 AM

The El Capitan is a truly magical place to watch a movie. They literally open about six layers of curtains before starting the show. They also do retrospectives during slow patches of the year, so you can see Pinocchio or Beauty and the Beast on the big screen. (They do The Nightmare Before Christmas every Halloween.) Glad Bob popped his El Cap cherry with such an awesome film!

Total Recall 2012 Teaser Trailer (Article) - 3/27/2012 11:34:12 AM

We're officially looking at a teaser to a teaser for a remake of an adaptation. The snake is running out of tail to eat!

Creepy Movie Couples (Article) - 2/14/2012 11:29:29 AM

I always found King Kong genuinely sad rather tha creepy. Chucky and Tiffany though... damn Wise, wish I'd thought of that!

Mania Review: The Grey (Article) - 1/27/2012 10:18:06 AM

Thanks goldeneyez. Weve been having problems with our server the last few days. The link should be fixed now.

The 13 Best Stephen King Adaptations Ever (Article) - 12/6/2011 1:48:44 PM

I had some big problems with The Green Mile; I actually think it's the weakest of Darabont's King efforts. Darabont earned the pole position on the list, however, and The Mist was on there as well.

I did look at the old short The Boogeyman (Darabont didn't direct it, but it was included in an old video with Darabont's "The Woman in the Room"). It was okay, but it didn't hold up the way Gramma did.

Thanks for your thoughts and comments everyone! :)

The 13 Best Stephen King Adaptations Ever (Article) - 12/6/2011 1:42:07 PM

Hobbs, I actually read The Shining before seeing the Kubrick film. I find the movie problematic because of the way it diverges from the but... but I can't deny that Kubrick is still scary as hell.

Mania Interview: The Muppets (Article) - 11/23/2011 5:07:36 PM

Hey Golden. I actually sat down and talked with the Muppets (though there were about five other journalists in the room; it's what's called a round table). The puppeteers sat and worked the characters, but we addressed the puppets themselves. It's amazing how quickly you forget the puppeteers are there, and start treating Kermit & Friends as real people. Steve Whitmore has done Kermit ever since Jim Henson died, Eric Jacobson performs Miss Piggy these days (Frank Oz is semi-retired), and Peter Linz does Walter. Three amazing performers!

RVAUX16'S MANIACAL PERSONA