All samson's Comments

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/20/2014 3:52:47 PM

Tjanson, what makes it PC?

Captain Cold Cast for The Flash (Article) - 7/20/2014 1:45:18 AM

Scofield!

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/19/2014 12:45:15 AM

Look guys, before we go any farther with this discussion I want you to know I don't think you guys are racists nor am I calling any of you racists. Race is a touchy subject and it's easy to get bogged down by labels. That's not what I want to happen. I just hope you'll at least consider what I've said objectively and maybe try and see things from another perspective.

Whatever differences we have there is one thing we all share. That's our love of these characters.

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/18/2014 8:57:41 PM

Elbaz, you said they were catering to the PC crowd. What makes Wilson being Captain America PC? His ethnicity. So it is in fact a race card issue. You can't say you don't have a problem with him being Cap but turn right around and declare Marvel is being PC because they chose a black character to be Captain America. What's it going to be pig or pork?

Billthebutcher, I'd have no problem with a white Falcon. Nothing about his character is dependent on his race. Same as Cap. I agree with you about the costume. They can do much, much better.

However, I don't think it's very PC. It's 2014. If they really wanted to be PC, they had made Captain America Mexican - American. ...lol

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/18/2014 12:00:28 PM

moviefan71,

that will be a great day indeed. And, I really think we'll get there. It will just take time.

Eldogg42,

I'm not trying to attack anyone. I'm just a little dismayed at some of the comments here. And, I see your point about doing it all at once. But, I don't think it's about being PC. I think it's about PR. Doing all this at once gets fans and non fans alike talking. Marvel couldn't buy this level of media coverage. Plus, they need to hook new readers. The population is changing. Just as the image of Jesus changed from a middle eastern man to a white man to match the population of the source material's readership.

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/18/2014 11:00:02 AM

Billlthebutcher and Elbaz,

so you're saying that big name character's who are white males can change identities as long as they continue to be white males? Example - Cap's white side kick, Bucky Barns can be Captain America. But Cap's black side kick, Sam Wilson shouldn't be because if he is it's catering to the PC crowd. Am I stating that correctly?

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/18/2014 3:06:22 AM

This just screams of some kind of liberal/commi/socialist knee bend at the alter of the PC onslaught of all that is good and right with America, correct guys? But, cast whites as Moses or Jesus and those very same people have zero problem with changing the race of a character. And might I add to a large number of people those characters are real.

Where was the outrage when Bucky carried the shield? Sam has been Cap's wingman (no pun intended) for decades. Why is it a travesty for him to be Steve's replacement but it's okay for Bucky Barns to be Captain America? Hmm ... I wonder what the differences between the two are?

This really takes me back to my childhood in the suburbs of Detroit. I was one of the few black kids in my neighborhood. I hated it when my friends wanted to play Superfriends. They never let me be Batman or Superman or any of the other cool heroes  because those heroes weren't black.

That was close to 40 years ago. But I see some attitudes never change.

Exodus: Gods and Kings Trailer (Article) - 7/10/2014 3:43:18 PM

VioLatorr,

i actually have no problem with them casting a black Human Torch or a white Moses. I'm just pointing out how it's never an issue when it's the opposite. I would expect to see the same amount of outrage from those who had a problem with the FF casting. After all, they said it really wasn't about race, it was about the character being portrayed correctly.

Bible stories are very important to a large part of our society. You'd think they'd care more about getting that right, casting wise, than a fictitional comic book character. I just wish people would more closely examine their the reasons behind their feelings.

With that said, it looks like it'll be good. Maybe this generation's  Gladiator.

Exodus: Gods and Kings Trailer (Article) - 7/10/2014 2:04:46 PM

Movie looks good. But, where is the outrage about the cast not being the same ethnicity as they are in the source material? Where are all the arguments about about staying true to the authors' original vision and blah, blah, blah ...?

Where are the arguments about said characters ethnicities shouldn't be changed and if they want white caters in these sorts of parts, why not just make up new parts? Where is the kind of outrage I heard when they announced the cast of the upcoming Fantastic Four film?

Oh, oh, im gonna have fun with this one. ...lol

Batman: The Complete Television Series Release Date (Article) - 7/3/2014 2:44:03 PM

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!!! (Samson rapidly claps hands, shuffles and spins around like a teenage girl at a boy band concert)

SAMSON'S MANIACAL PERSONA