All samurai1138's Comments

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/1/2010 7:04:07 AM

wessmith1966, go Clark Bartram. often overlooked, definately underrated. But after his appearance on Penn and Teller's BullSh!t, I just cant take him seriously.

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/1/2010 7:01:31 AM

While I have to agree that Bale takes the prize on this one, it's not so much for the Nolan-blowing reasons presented here, as much as the fact that Bale simply looks the most like Batman. On acting chops alone, Keaton is the much better actor and gave the better performance IN the Batsuit. But its not all about Batman. Bruce Wayne has to be taken into account as well, and Bale leaves the competition behind. Overall, he's simply better suited to the role, and the only actor that i almost believed COULD have been Batman. If you ever get the chance, check out Kevin Conroy's appearance on the Cheers tv show (season 9 I think, could be wrong) for the chance to see him at the right age when he would have made not only the best animated version, but the best liuve action version as well. As a side note, thanks for acknowledging that the 60's tv show was in fact a pretty accurate translation of Batman, most people miss that. And since I know it cheeses everyone off, let me also add that in terms of accurate portrayals, Cesar Romero left Leger in the proverbial Bat-Dust.

New TRON LEGACY Clip (Article) - 10/30/2010 10:36:42 AM

I'm still wondering though, is TRON going to be in this movie? If they can digitally shave 20 years off Bridges then they can do the same for Boxleitner. Seriously, like most fanboys in their mid-30's, I'm a huge Tron fan, but if the character isn't even in the movie, that will be a major disappointment.

More CAPTAIN AMERICA Pics (Article) - 10/29/2010 9:29:38 AM

Well Cap is looking good so far. But my main issue is Ghost Rider. I really think people should ease off a little and give them another chance at bat. If they tone down the over-the-top Johnny Blaze (lose the jelly bean thing), and let Nic do his thing in the Mo-Cap, then we may end up with a much better film this time. And bare in mind that the 1st Ghost Rider wasn't THAT bad, it was bad, but i dont think it was horrible. GR looked cool on screen, and there were a few good scenes. There IS potential here, it's just a question of whether the producers can reach it. I guess we are going to find out.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (without The Riddler) (Article) - 10/29/2010 6:21:08 AM

Let's focus on the positive, no more crappy Ledger Joker. Yeah, I said it. 2 years later and that's still a crappy movie and the worst rendition of the Joker I've ever had the pleasure of walking out on after 45 minutes.

Mania%u2019s Favorite Monsters (Article) - 10/29/2010 6:06:52 AM

Gotta go with Betenoire on this one. Goblin Queen all the way. Who can blame Havok for doing his sister-in-law when she looked like that?

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (without The Riddler) (Article) - 10/28/2010 7:22:58 AM

you know who i would love to see as the villain in Batman3? Woody Allen as the Ventriliquist with Joe Pesci as the voice of Mr.Scarface.

Tevii (Profile) - 10/28/2010 6:26:35 AM

Tekken Tag Tournament was the best game ever. Why can't they just give us a new version? I bought Tekken 6 on 360, but the controller is so awful that it renders it unplayable. I actually had to go out and buy a PS3 JUST so I can play Tekken. Cheers on the Dark Knight being over rated!

Newcomer to Direct DEADPOOL? (Article) - 10/28/2010 6:17:50 AM

Tevii, no I wasnt being sarcastic. Inception was one of the dumbest movies of the year. With such an overly convoluted plot that the general public had to assume that meant it was a really "smart" movie. The worst part was all the damn "Nolan horn", I dont know if you know what is, but you will after watching the movie. Every time something "dramatic" happens, they let you know by blasting the "Nolan horn". Because of course, without it, I dont see how you ever would have known.

KICK ASS 2 #1 Review (Article) - 10/27/2010 10:07:25 AM

agreed Inner Sanctum, the movie was very "meh". It was okay, but was missing something crucial from the comic. I guess thats what happens when you dont have a complete series to work from, they head in two different tangents, and only one worked. The fact that the movie took things in a less realistic manner didnt help either. I didnt even know the second series was out now, but I will be sure to pick it up and give it a read, I loved Kick-Ass volume 1.

SAMURAI1138'S MANIACAL PERSONA