All samurai1138's Comments

9 Stories We'd Like to See in Wolverine 3 (Article) - 11/2/2010 2:13:00 PM

Theres a simple reason why KP & W doesnt sell for huge dollars Hobbs. Everyone already has it. And my point had nothing to do with its popularity, it was all about the quality of the story therein and the fact that it would translate to a 2 hour film extrememly well. There are few loose strings in it that viewers of the films would be lost on, and it presents the characters in a well rounded manner that showcases their strengths and weaknesses. Also, if it is indeed such a bad choice, then why is it number 1 on Mania's list? The Miler/Claremont story isnt number 1 on this list because thats the one they are "sort of" doing in the next film. And bare in mind that some of the best selling stories in comics are total crap, Death of Superman anyone? You shouldnt base an opinion of a story on how well it sold, if that was a key factor in its quality, then an awful lot of underground comics, cult classic movies, and independant music would be, by your definition, crap. Somehow I just can't agree with that.

9 Stories We'd Like to See in Wolverine 3 (Article) - 11/2/2010 7:28:27 AM

Kitty Pryde and Wolverine for sure, that was a great story, with a great villain from Logan's past in Ogun.  If you think that series isnt one of the most popular Wolverine stories of all time Hobbs, well, you havent been paying attention, or perhaps you just havent been reading Wolverine's books for the past 30 years. There are so many elements in this series that would make for a great film. Some insight into Logan's past, 2 of the classic women in his life, Mariko and Yukio, ninjas aplenty, Logan both taking and giving some serious beat downs (y'know, before he became pretty much indestructable in modern comics), his relationship with Ogun, one of the people who made him the man he is, and of course, his relationship with Kitty, which helped to give Logan the humanity that had long been missing in his stories, taking him from a character with a bad attitude, into a character with actual layers and depth. As a kid reading comics, I loved Wolverine before this series came out, but after it, he was my favorite character, and has been ever since.  KP & W all the way.

Latest TRON LEGACY Spot (Article) - 11/2/2010 6:47:46 AM

Seriously, when will the studios either confirm or deny that Tron will actually be appearing in their Tron movie? As a lifelong fan of the original, who actually saw it i the theater, I am looking forward to the newest incarnation but will be SORELY disappointed with a Tron movie that doesnt have Tron in it. Anyone else give a damn or am I alone in this?

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/1/2010 7:21:17 AM

kudos karas1. nice to see someone else who recognizes Nicholson's Joker.

John Carpenter Directs DARKCHYLDE (Article) - 11/1/2010 7:16:55 AM

Kind of a slow news day today. Dark Chylde sounds interesting, so let's keep our fingers crossed. Tin Tin? whatever. I suppose if theres some popping 3D eye candy I'll check it out, but it clearly didnt have the chops to get the live action treatment. And I may get lynched for saying this, but Green Hornet doesnt look THAT bad, if it had been a serious take it probably would have people talking, but the trailer was entertaining enough, so I'll withhold judgement for now. And what can we see about Tim Burton's Superman? Didnt Routh wear that outfit when he came back to Earth, minus the rainbow shiny effect? It never ceases to amaze me that they almost made that movie. Still, one day I'd love to see a shot of Nic Cage in the Supes costume, just for the laugh value.

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/1/2010 7:04:07 AM

wessmith1966, go Clark Bartram. often overlooked, definately underrated. But after his appearance on Penn and Teller's BullSh!t, I just cant take him seriously.

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/1/2010 7:01:31 AM

While I have to agree that Bale takes the prize on this one, it's not so much for the Nolan-blowing reasons presented here, as much as the fact that Bale simply looks the most like Batman. On acting chops alone, Keaton is the much better actor and gave the better performance IN the Batsuit. But its not all about Batman. Bruce Wayne has to be taken into account as well, and Bale leaves the competition behind. Overall, he's simply better suited to the role, and the only actor that i almost believed COULD have been Batman. If you ever get the chance, check out Kevin Conroy's appearance on the Cheers tv show (season 9 I think, could be wrong) for the chance to see him at the right age when he would have made not only the best animated version, but the best liuve action version as well. As a side note, thanks for acknowledging that the 60's tv show was in fact a pretty accurate translation of Batman, most people miss that. And since I know it cheeses everyone off, let me also add that in terms of accurate portrayals, Cesar Romero left Leger in the proverbial Bat-Dust.

New TRON LEGACY Clip (Article) - 10/30/2010 10:36:42 AM

I'm still wondering though, is TRON going to be in this movie? If they can digitally shave 20 years off Bridges then they can do the same for Boxleitner. Seriously, like most fanboys in their mid-30's, I'm a huge Tron fan, but if the character isn't even in the movie, that will be a major disappointment.

More CAPTAIN AMERICA Pics (Article) - 10/29/2010 9:29:38 AM

Well Cap is looking good so far. But my main issue is Ghost Rider. I really think people should ease off a little and give them another chance at bat. If they tone down the over-the-top Johnny Blaze (lose the jelly bean thing), and let Nic do his thing in the Mo-Cap, then we may end up with a much better film this time. And bare in mind that the 1st Ghost Rider wasn't THAT bad, it was bad, but i dont think it was horrible. GR looked cool on screen, and there were a few good scenes. There IS potential here, it's just a question of whether the producers can reach it. I guess we are going to find out.

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES (without The Riddler) (Article) - 10/29/2010 6:21:08 AM

Let's focus on the positive, no more crappy Ledger Joker. Yeah, I said it. 2 years later and that's still a crappy movie and the worst rendition of the Joker I've ever had the pleasure of walking out on after 45 minutes.

SAMURAI1138'S MANIACAL PERSONA