All savagelee's Comments

<<  <  6 7 8 9

Unspecified Title (Article) - 10/14/2008 8:30:58 AM

Yeah, I think I'm going to back the RDJ double-roll as well. I was kind of indifferent to Howard, and then I saw the CD case for his album, and he dropped about 30 points of respect. Cheese on toast, man. Cheese on cheesy toast. I have nothing against Howard really, but as is so often the case, when I look at the character in the books, I don't see that character on-screen. Rhodey is a bit of a hipster from the wrong part of town, I thought. A hard-working, hard-fighting smart-ass, who kicks ass, smokes weed, and doesn't give a damn how much money some rich boy has. He's Tony's friend who can talk to Tony like a real person. He can give Tony shit, and Tony listens. That sort of thing.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 10/10/2008 9:49:32 AM

Hard to argue with the guy from "No County For Old Men." This is probably some of the coolest casting they could've gone with. I'm also into the way they keep mentioning that it'd be a little sci-fi. Hope it's not cheese on toast though... No fridge nuking!

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 10/9/2008 9:40:19 AM

Not too fast! Looses meaning. ... (look up "sofa king" on youtube if you need more help...)

Supernaut's Profile (Profile) - 10/8/2008 11:37:09 AM

24: Come on! They have one female servicing a large group of males. That implies a species that lays eggs. 21: Oh my God, you're crazy! They're so obviously mammals! 24: Please! She'd be in estrus 24/7 if she didn't lay eggs. 21: Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 10/8/2008 10:27:02 AM

Dude, you get a perfectly good extended cut of Johnny Mnemonic by splicing The Matrix and Constantine together. However, a collector's edition of THEY LIVE would rock like nobody's business. "Outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us, from birth to death, are our owners! Our owners! They have us. They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They're all about you! All around you!"

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 10/7/2008 9:18:09 AM

Hey. I am nice. I like that the Kiss-Ass costume looks kind of like a cheap Kirby suit. Of course, I could easily have put "dislike" and it wouldn't make much of a difference. Have I told you how weird I feel about Kiss-Ass, and how elements of the style and story relate to The Young Offenders? There's some weird shit there for me, with pimp thugs playing video games and getting beat up by mean little kids. It's weird. I'd watch a Green Arrow in the Joint movie. "It's the society of super-villains meets Oz! It'll be huge." There'd better be a super-intelligent gorilla somewhere in there though. I'm sick of not getting no super-intelligent gorillaz.

Fox chief talks DAREDEVIL reboot (Article) - 10/7/2008 8:57:16 AM

1) I would love to see a total reboot. Just pretend the original movie didn't happen. 2) DARK! I was hoping that Daredevil would be like SE7EN, but with a blind lawyer who did Kung Fu. My ideal DD movie is a dark, adult, rated-R feature about a man who can't see how bloody his hands have become. So... David Fincher is my #1 choice to direct. Then maybe we can go all Fight Club, and let Brad Pitt take the lead. Though that'll never happen, so maybe Matt Damon, or some TV actor I've never heard of. So long as he's an attractive, nimble guy, with realistically red hair, I'll be cool. For the record - I like reboots. Every epic story in Daredevil is drawn and written by somebody new, so why not have the movies acted and directed by somebody new? Why get tied down to "this is what really happened," when you're writing about fantasy characters? It's all just imagination-based, so why not try to have some fun with it?

Unspecified Title (Article) - 10/6/2008 9:15:01 PM

Interesting looking site, yes it is. Will it advance good conversation? I do like the idea of being hooked up with a site that's all about comics, movies, and comic-movies (especially since I'm a bigger fan of comics than the other 2). Hope it works out for us all – and maybe even gives some room for some of us to have a little bit of a rebirth. (Yeah, I’m mostly talking about myself there. My old blog was a very experimental process, with lots of hard lessons learned, and I like the idea of leaving some of the past in the past as we experiment with new ways of discussing current-comic-events with each other.) As of for the site itself… I dunno yet. It’s a little milky, a little cloudy. I’d be interested in seeing the guys around here make “toys†and “games†separate categories, but that’s just ‘cause I’m a video game addict who doesn’t have much use for action figures & sculpture. Either way, I guess neither of those have anything to do with our little category over here.

SAVAGELEE'S MANIACAL PERSONA