All savagelee's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Raimi, Maguire off SPIDER-MAN 4! (Article) - 1/11/2010 4:03:09 PM

I'm thrilled that we're going to get a REBOOT! Yeah!

Bring on a new director!

Bring on a new cast!

I'd say "skip the stupid origin story", but I kinda like the idea of a teenage Parker in High School, along the lines of Ultimate Spidey - so long as they can find a better actor this time around!

This is the best news I've heard about Spider-man in ages. Bring it on!

KICK-ASS Red Band Trailer (Article) - 12/22/2009 9:33:49 AM

Well, that Kick-Ass trailer looks like unwatchable garbage to me, but I know for a fact that my little sister will love it. I think there's going to be a real dividing line where young kids and high schoolers will love this movie, and adults will find themselves wondering just how much worse Nick Cage films can get.

Singer Leads X-MEN Once More (Article) - 12/18/2009 9:31:26 AM

scytheofluna

Heh. Nah, man, that ain't what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, the world is a pretty grotesquely amoral place. I'm breaking the law by sitting here smoking weed and having sex with an underage girl while I type this, so who am I to judge somebody else? I'm saying everybody breaks little laws all the time, and not all laws are created equally and fairly, so rather than existing in a manichean state where right is right and wrong is wrong, perhaps we live in a world of degrees, where all your little cultural evils mix with everybody else's, and it forms this thing we call "society".

I'm saying, maybe people ripping off a movie studio that just puts out trash films, isn't such a big deal. Sure it's wrong, but punching a person in the face is wrong too. Doesn't mean you might not have to do it today. Hell, if you were in jail, you might have to rape and beat a person today, just to survive. If we were at war, which America is, you might have to do some terrible things just to survive. Terrible things like downloading movies you didn't pay for. Or killing babies.

My point is, it's a laugh. It's not a big deal. It's just art and entertainment, the least important section of the newspaper. Every Hollywood movie in the world could get ripped off tomorrow and we still wouldn't have an educational system worth a damn. You think I worry if Hugh Jackman has enough money when he goes to bed at night? Do you think any of these people will ever care about you? You could be dying in a ditch, bleeding out into the gutter, AIDs coming out your eyes, and their limo would just drive on by. And I wouldn't stop to help you either. Nobody would. I know this, because there's somebody bleeding out alone in every city out there in the world. It's harsh, but it's also just the way the world is. They don't care about you, so don't waste your time caring about them.

I'm saying relax and have a laugh, because I was just making fun. It's a lark. I know some of you people take this stuff so seriously that the idea of joking about it is like being stabbed in the face, but suck it up princess. I refuse to care that deeply about anything that has to do with "Wolverine". You could give out copies of that DVD on the street and everybody who made that movie would stay just as rich/poor as they currently are. Nobody would care. But the studios feel like it's bad publicity, so they encourage all the little nerds to be little soldiers in their made-up war, rather than trying to live with the fact that - life is a slippery slope. One day you're the hero, the next you're the villain, so you'd better learn to sympathize with other people, because you're going to be living with us until the day one of us finally kills you.

You live with billions of people, just like me. You can hate it all you like, but you're the one stuck here, yeah? We're all having a great time.

Man, why are you guys so weirded out by letting a little chaos in? Steal a little. Make a joke about setting a baby on fire. Come on kids, god isn't watching us here. You're allowed to say "I stole that and laughed about it and I don't care." The boogyman isn't going to smack your bum for being naughty. Just live with it. Life is hard, people steal, the world is awesome. Yay!

Winick pens BATMAN: RED HOOD script (Article) - 12/18/2009 9:15:34 AM

RE: Batman, under the hood. Wow, I sure am glad that DC is finally getting around to adapting that unpopular series that nobody read or cared about. God forbid DC adapt one of their popular, well-written comics. DC has barely kept the books in print over the past few years, but now they'll animate the whole thing? Not worth it. Why don't they just get Grant Morrison do something awesome, since they're trusting him with the rest of the Bat-franchise lately?

It's hard to tell if a reviewer is too much of a fanboy to give a good review. I'll wait to hear what Ebert has to say about Kick-Ass, thanks. No fanboy opinions necessary.

Singer Leads X-MEN Once More (Article) - 12/17/2009 5:39:43 PM

Avatar - You totally made your point dude! You clearly have an excellent undestanding of global copyright laws, and typing! I would love to sign up for your lessons about "how to show China and other countries how to behave."

Why didn't you take the time to read/edit your posts before you posted them? Didn't you see your caps was on? Did you type and post it while reading up on those big legal books you peruse while making sweeping generalizations about ownership rights?

Though, to be totally seriously dude, I don't care. Some people are cops and some people sell drugs, and some cops sell drugs. There's room in this world for us all to get along. I just wanted to poke a bit fun because you seemed so... Biblically self-righteous? But it's cool man. And you're right, I would rather "use a play on words." Play on words is fun.

How about this - every time a Hollywood actor/writer/director breaks the law by doing cocaine and paying for sex, I will break the law by downloading a crappy copy of their movies. And as soon as they stop, as soon as dead hookers stop showing up in fancy hotel rooms, I will stop using my computer for everything, aside from reading these awesome conversations held on-line by fans who are intelligent, rational, always calm, and always ready to laugh about a disagreement.

Singer Leads X-MEN Once More (Article) - 12/17/2009 3:56:08 PM

Hey, Mr. Avatar - if you're gonna capslock, you shouldn't hit shift when you do the first letter in your sentance, as you wind up with a weird text pattern that discourages people from reading what you have to say. Rather, try to formulate well-paced sentance with tight, edited phrases embedded within them.

Oh, and I think the studio executives admitted that interest in the film was significantly higher after the test-copy was released. This isn't a conspiracy, this is something Fox saw and publically acknowledged.

"just because you stoled it." Seriously man, that's what I come on-line to read. Pure gold. Tell me more about your well-concieved social-poltitical theories, young man....

Singer Leads X-MEN Once More (Article) - 12/17/2009 10:14:21 AM

hanso -

Some suggest that Pirate Zero actually made Fox money. Reportedly, a lot of people were made more aware of the movie when it was leaked, and it wound up increasing the number of people who paid to see the thing.

For all of Fox's ranting about theft, it was just free publicity for them and their crappy little B-movie.

Singer Leads X-MEN Once More (Article) - 12/17/2009 8:21:45 AM

Well, if Singer's back with the X-Men, I guess it means I can stop following the franchise all together. Because Singer's X-Men movies were reprehensibly crap. Unwatchable garbage. And nothing like the comics. Sorry Singer, I like you when you do character-based dramas, but keep out of the superhero sci-fi arena, 'cause you just ruin these things, man.

Spider-man 3 sucked, so the studio should be trying real hard to prevent Spider-4 from sucking as badly. Can't blame them for not trusting Sam.

FREE Gilberto Sanchez! "Pirate Zero" is an awesome thing to call somebody. Oh, and the FBI can blow me. Yeah, that's right, I know you read this stuff, you Mulder-looking jerks. And you can blow me.

New SOLOMON KANE Clip (Article) - 12/16/2009 8:09:26 AM

I've seen somebody get their hand on a straight-on version of that Scott Pilgrim photo, and it's totally bloody awesome. When the hell is the trailer coming out for this movie? When is the movie coming out? When is volume 6 of the books coming out?

And why won't Kim Pine be mine?

6 Must Have Avengers Movie Villains (Article) - 12/1/2009 6:23:00 PM

Considering that the Loki/Hulk dynamic worked for both the Old School Avengers, as well as The Ulimates, I don't see why the movie should be any difference.

First half, the Avengers are formed to fight the Hulk.

Second half, the Avengers, with the Hulk, fight off Aliens or Gods, or Alien Gods or something.

NO SHAPE-SHIFTERS! I'm tired of that crap.

SAVAGELEE'S MANIACAL PERSONA