All savagelee's Comments

Who is Warner considering for LOBO? (Article) - 10/21/2009 10:34:06 AM

Clancy Brown is bad-ass awesome. He can play whatever role he likes, and I'll like it.

Who is Warner considering for LOBO? (Article) - 10/21/2009 10:32:40 AM

I really hope the Captain America movie isn't just "The Ultimates #1". That comic bored the living crap out of me.

Weird to think about Ryan Reynolds in the JLA. I'll have to see it to believe it, though I'm glad DC is moving in that direction!

CROW Flies Forward (Article) - 10/20/2009 10:19:51 AM

axia777 -  I don't think O'Barr makes a ton off these movie deals anymore. He's asked them to leave the franchise alone, and to stop trying to add to it.

A few years ago, O'Barr did a picture of The Crow pouring blood from a golden urn, onto Brandon Lee's grave. That was O'Barr's feelings on the money connected to the franchise. They're just milking the death of a slightly famous young man.

CROW Flies Forward (Article) - 10/20/2009 9:14:49 AM

That shot in Scott Pilgrim looks awesome!!

The news about The Crow makes me very, very sad. I wish they cold just leave that stuff alone. It was very cool and very sad, and trying to make any more money off it will just be sad.

THE WALKING DEAD #66 Review (Article) - 10/20/2009 8:30:16 AM

I loved the end of this issue. I was worried how long that bit was going to get drawn out for, and I was so happy when [SPOILER] told [SPOILER] that he [SPOILERED] [SPOILER] right in his [SPOILER].

Reading that last page made me very happy, and told me a lot about how much I was caring about these characters. Good stuff!

Transformers Vs. G.I. Joe (Article) - 10/20/2009 8:13:32 AM

GRIMLOCK VS ROADBLOCK - " Play it straight, or there's no doubt - I'll turn your eyeballs inside out."

Man, GI Joe could team-up with the Transformers, and they'd still get taken down by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

GI Joe's big advantage that Chad left out, is that the Joes are cooler. They've got punk rockers and Buzz Aldrin and Rowdy Roddy Piper, and the Fridge. GI Joes got the Dreadnaughts. What have the Transformers got? A bunch of shiny hunks of double-jointed metal that all look exactly the same from a distance?

I'm saying it loud & proud - Transformers suck rectum, and their music is even worse. Go Joe!

Haley Talks GREEN LANTERN rumors (Article) - 10/19/2009 10:11:14 AM

Every time I read about Megan Fox I get the taste of vomit in my mouth.

(And giving her "best sci-fi actress" is an insult to every great female performance in a sci-fi movie. Seriously, there were dozens of better actresses than her, and dozens of hotter ones too.)

"'Unforgiven' meets 'Aliens'" sounds pretty cool.

THE MARVELS PROJECT #3 Review (Article) - 10/15/2009 8:24:49 AM

It's probably just me, but I find this series really, really boring. I love Brubaker, but this is the dullest thing he's ever done, to my mind.

Basically, when Brubaker has normal people talking about normal things in a normal world, I find it very exciting.

But when it's amazingly powered people in crazy costumes having huge fights across the sky? Yaaaawn. I'd rather be reading Criminal, or A Complete Lowlife.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 10/15/2009 8:02:54 AM

I heard they were getting Will Smith to play Superman.

Also, I (heart) Rashida Jones.

The Post-Dark Reign Marvel Universe Wish List (Article) - 10/14/2009 8:16:50 AM

Sadly, I think major events are here to stay, and they're a sign that the market for comics has changed and is still changing yet again.

The big 2 are sweating that they're not selling nearly enough books. Like with video games, they've got 3 or 4 best-sellers, due usually to the writers, and then a few dozen books that literally don't pay for themselves.

The only way they can make enough money to justify shit like "Moon Knight" and "Squadron Whatever" is to tie them all together. Tie them all together, put a bag over the reader's head, and toss the mess into the local creek. As the body thrashes and sinks, the companies will have plenty of time to pull loose change from their victim's pockets, and be gone before the corpse is cold.

SAVAGELEE'S MANIACAL PERSONA