All scoundrel's Comments

Unspecified Title (Article) - 11/19/2008 10:33:41 AM

<p>Heh. Loved your list of &quot;What Ifs...?&quot;</p> <p>Now I&nbsp;get why Marvel stopped doing them (for a while).&nbsp; Too many inherent continuity discrepancies.</p>

Warner Bros. Ready to Hit CONTROL-ALT-DELETE (Article) - 11/18/2008 8:55:10 AM

<p>This movie was MADE for Keannu!</p>

TV Wasteland: Let the LOST and Heroes Comparisons Begin (Article) - 11/10/2008 10:57:55 AM

<p>Let the Heroes vs. Lost Comparisons <em>begin</em>?&nbsp; Dude, where have you been?&nbsp; That's been going on since Heroes first aired (which, as Hanso pointed out, was TWO&nbsp;years ago when Lost had that unfortunate 6 episode run, split for many months, 16 episode run).&nbsp; I&nbsp;remember people ridiculing the shaky beginning of Lost&nbsp;season 3 and holding up Heroes as a banner of HOW&nbsp;TV&nbsp;SHOULD&nbsp;BE&nbsp;MADE.&nbsp; I also remember&nbsp;Lost fans laughing and saying,&nbsp;&quot;Yeah, we'll see where Heroes is a couple years from now.&quot;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p> <p>Looks like the time's arrived.&nbsp; There were some shaky times for Lost, but even that season they came back out of the hiatus swinging and completely upped the bar for the series.&nbsp; Then came back with another stellar season.&nbsp; Most importantly, I've always felt Lindelof and Cuse have stayed true to their vision (except for that whole Paolo/Nikki fiasco, which they buried well).&nbsp; And though I love BKV&nbsp;more than any other comic scribe, he's the first one to say he was only a small part of the change.&nbsp; He certainly helped, but what really gave Lost the boost was having an endpoint.&nbsp;</p> <p>Something I don't believe Heroes needs.&nbsp; Personally,&nbsp;I've always thought the comparisons were pretty stupid.&nbsp; Lost is something more fresh and original.&nbsp; Heroes is X-Men.&nbsp; Heroes is not Lost. &nbsp;It is not one story.&nbsp; It should be a volume of different stories.&nbsp; Kring used to want to do different heroes every seaons, and I think he dropped the ball and should've gone with that route, maybe including cameos from the orignal or something.&nbsp; &nbsp;</p>

TORSO movie attracting big players (Article) - 11/7/2008 10:39:52 AM

<p>Yeah, Costner would be a fascinating choice.&nbsp; I really like Damon, too, and I'm sure he could pull it off, but I love the idea of Costner...</p>

Producer Heyman Explains Delay for HALF-BLOOD PRINCE (Article) - 10/30/2008 8:52:10 AM

<p>Ummm....What was the tweak?</p>

Millar shares his SUPERMAN vision (Article) - 10/30/2008 8:45:16 AM

<p>I agree:&nbsp;NOT&nbsp;ANOTHER&nbsp;ORIGIN&nbsp;STORY!!!!&nbsp;PLEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&nbsp;</p> <p>I didn't like Superman Returns much at all, but I wouldn't be opposed to Singer and Routh returning. Singer has directed some AMAZING movies, including X2, which I still think is one of the best comic book movies ever made. If he could just take a chance with making&nbsp;Superman super again, that would be swell.</p>

Framestore Taking on Gaiman's GRAVEYARD (Article) - 10/29/2008 10:19:48 AM

<p>It's a great book. I hope they do it justice. I'm kind of curious as to the choice to do it live action, as it chronicles Nobody Owens essentially growing up (it spans about 16 years, I think -- with the majority falling on Nobody age 10-16).</p>

Comicscape: Kurtâ%u20AC%u2122s Final Comicscape (Article) - 10/29/2008 9:07:45 AM

<p>Kurt, this has been my favorite comics column for a while now. I've looked forward to what you were writing every Wednesday.&nbsp; It's a bummer to see you go but I'm excited about the No Fly Zone, which sounds like a great fit.&nbsp; Good luck.&nbsp; And thanks for the time.</p>

McG Blogs on Post-Production for TERMINATOR SALVATION (Article) - 10/23/2008 9:12:42 AM

<p>First off, I think McG deserves a chance with this one. Everything I've seen so far, from the trailer to the cast he's assembled bodes very well for the film and it seems like he's really trying to reinvent himself, which I very much respect.</p> <p>That said, I'm surprised he didn't address Cameron's &quot;I&nbsp;never approved anything about the new Terminator&quot; [paraphrased] remark, basically calling him a liar. I&nbsp;guess if it's true, it's bad PR anyway you slice it, but still it's harder to take his word about how cool the visuals are going to be or whether or not he or the studio cares what the rating is.</p>

Comicscape: Comic Books and the 2008 Election (Article) - 10/22/2008 10:36:22 AM

<p>I don't know why, but that &quot;We've already discussed this in Comicscape&quot;&nbsp;link is not working.&nbsp; It just takes me to the Mania main page (even though it looks like it's linking to an article).</p> <p>Regarding this write-up:&nbsp;Politics in comics?&nbsp;&nbsp;No problem.&nbsp; Just make the stories good.&nbsp; When you half-ass it and say &quot;Fuck _____,&quot;&nbsp;well, that's just not good writing.&nbsp;</p>

SCOUNDREL'S MANIACAL PERSONA