All shac2846's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 2,706

THUNDERCATS HO! Complete Animated Series Arrives (Article) - 10/29/2014 12:47:50 PM

This new version was great. Another WB/Carton Network cluster fuck of why the show didn't catch on. Bad scheduling and hardly any promotion. Between this, young justice, green lantern, and beware the batman, CN and WB are dropping the ball on animation which used to betheir  dominating medium. Sad.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/28/2014 9:23:53 AM

I was under the impression that cap will lead whatever the new roster is at the end of age of ultron. Why is everyone assuming he won't be an avenger. When hulk, thor, and iron man left he continued on with hawkeye, quicksillver, scarlet witch, hercules and a character called the swordsman in the early issues of the series. I'm sure Whedon is thinking of that with the roster rotation.

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Nightbreed: The Director%u2019s Cut (Article) - 10/28/2014 9:16:07 AM

My wife pre-ordered me the limited edition for my bday. Suppose to be in the male today. It is also loaded with features not included on the cheaper version. I love to watch features but if your not into that I could see how that would be a waste. Other than a few boxed sets I've never really splurged on a bluray like this before so I figure first time for everything and there are worse things to piss away 70 bucks on :)

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/27/2014 3:51:51 PM

Cumberbatch is going to kill as doc strange. I have never really been a big fan of the magic side in comics either Wise but I think marvel is going to really do something cool with this. When Fiege spoke about it early on he said it's style was going to be 2001 meets the matrix. I'm intrigued. Want to see what doors his mythology will open in the MCU.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/27/2014 3:39:41 PM

Violatorr, I don't know if you ever seen any of the behind the scenes stuff on Apocalypse Now or read books or heard from people who have but it is considered one of the worst production experiences of a hollywood movie. Some of the highlights:

-Harvey Kietel played the lead but after a few weeks of filmming was dropped and Coppola flew back to LA to get his preferred choice Martin Sheen.

-The production was plagued from the beginning. They dealt with a massive hurricane that put them behind. The Manilla government told them they could use the ten helicopters they had if they fixed them up with their money. They agreed. And then during production the military would randomly remove the helicopters and fly them away in fear that they would be attacked by muslim extremists who the gov. in Manilla was a war with. He said they would break for lunch and come back to shoot the helicopter scenes the fucking copters were gone.

-Coppola was constantly rewriting the script so the movie was never on schedule and going over budget. The grueling production gave Martin Sheen a heartattack. Coppola financed most of the movie himself so he basicly had to beg Sheen's wife at the time not to take him back to the states in fear that the bank would get wind of the production issues and foreclose on his house/properties/wine vinyard. He got Sheen's brother to stand in for wide shots so they could continue filmming while sheen recooperated.

-One of the locals who was helping them get goods and supplies for the movie turned out to be selling unknown corpses on the side to medical firms for research. He did not have a license to do this the govt assume the dude had just killed these john doe corpses so during shooting one day two dozen police show up and arrest everyone.

-Dennis Hopper was at the height of his drug use during filmming. He showed up on the set of the movie and Brando refused to be on screen with him. In addition from the time coppola met with brando to him showing up on set he had gained a ridiculous amount of weight. In the movie he is suppose to be the green beret who left his unit and is living with natives far in the vietnamese jungles. An almost mythic figure as coppola said. So in addition to working around hopper and brando not being on camera together they had to work around brando's weight. They could only film him from the chest up and hired a stand in for any scenes where he was to move around and had to frame it carefully.

These were just some of the stories. Sorry it took so long to reply I keep coming to the site and it isn't working right. Won't let me post.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/23/2014 12:23:26 PM

I know everybody is on a avengers high right now. But I had to share.  Francis Ford Coppola came to speak at my alma mater this monday. It was awesome. Never seen one of my director heroes in real life. He talked about all the godfather films, apocalypse now and how much hell that was, his other projects and all the films he produces now. He didn't talk about dracula he actually ran out of time and went past what was alotted but it was still excellent.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/23/2014 12:19:41 PM

Age of Ultron looks incredible. Was looking forward to seeing the motion capture for Spader looks damn good. By biday was this past week and I picked up some graphic novels got absolute vision volume 1-2 and marvel epic collection avengers the final threat. Never read them before, comics were great. Getting me pumped for age of ultron.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/19/2014 8:05:23 PM

Yeah Fury damn good flick. So excited for suiced squad now.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 10/17/2014 7:36:55 AM

Suicide Squad is shaping up to be a movie to watch I think. I enjoyed Fury and I think Ayer is a great fit plus if they get the cast they want and combine that with the fact that is a new concept to general audience with supervillian's as the hero's it could be really cool. Suicide Squad might become a reality before sinister six.

Mania Review: Birdman (Article) - 10/17/2014 7:31:50 AM

I'm really looking forward to seeing this when it finally goes wide.

SHAC2846'S MANIACAL PERSONA