All spanners's Comments

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/20/2008 8:40:15 PM

I hate remakes, retreads and reimaginings just as much as the next guy...but this I gotta see...and Moz72...I like your ideas...Now who would you all cast for the parts? How about: David Wenham as Connor MacLeod Arnold Vosloo as Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez Tyler Mane as The Kurgan Ali Larter as Brenda J. Wyatt Helen Mirren as Rachel Ellenstein Jon Polito as Lieutenant Frank Moran and Tiffany Mulheron as Heather MacLeod The rest of the cast can be whoever...but if they can do so...besides Jon Polito...get cast members from the original to do cameos. That's my two cents...

Megaton Directing TRANSPORTER 3 (Article) - 1/18/2008 9:08:01 PM

I too misread this news title...not much more to add except that I laughed so hard at some of the comments I nasal douched my soda all over my monitor...THANKS!

Alexander Opens Up on PUNISHER:WAR ZONE (Article) - 12/8/2007 1:31:26 AM

Between that pic and that interview...I have reallly, really low expectations for this film...and I'm not entirely sure why...I mean I haven't seen or even heard of her other movie...but I get this bad vibe that this chick director is going to be the female Uwe Boll.

First PUNISHER:WAR ZONE Pic (Article) - 12/6/2007 7:25:07 PM

No way that's a real screenshot from the new Punisher film...someone must have taken one from a Segal film and superimposed the skull on the shirt...Seriously...I hope this movie doesn't suck...I liked Thomas Jane in the role...and I even liked the last movie...with the exception of any of Travolta's scenes (except when he was being dragged behind that car and then got blown up)...however I have low (Starship Troopers 2 like) expectations for this film...I hope am surprised though. ALL HAIL THE GREASY PONY-TAIL!

The New JUSTICE LEAGUE Cast? (Article) - 11/19/2007 12:29:24 PM

Man does this cast suck OUT LOUD! Seriously! I thought this was supposed to be the cast for THE JUSTICE LEAGUE...not Teen Titans...What the hell is George Miller smoking? Or has all those years in the Outback baked his brain...if this is in deed the FINAL cast then I am officially boycotting the film and I think we as the fans ought to make our own signs to picket studio bean counters from ruining yet another franchise...I hate to say it...but this movie is going to be DOA.

Guttenberg Lands in THE WELL (Article) - 11/19/2007 2:34:27 AM

"The story centers on an estranged couple who while in the middle of a divorce face further anguish when their son turns up missing and becomes the center of a desperate rescue effort..." 1) Only to find out that their son was abducted by aliens and then later returned after several days of horrible experimentation and left inside an abandoned well. 2) Only to find parts of their son's remains in an old, abandoned well which turns out to be the entrance to a lair of canabalistic mutants who only come out at night to feed. 3) Um...turns out the Goot's wife was crazy and drown the kid in an old well and then later commits suicide herself...so now the kids vengeful spirit keeps coming back to kill everone who watches this video tape of... I give up...other than the fact that Stevo was in the 2 Cocoon movies and the 1st Short Circuit movie...how is this story genre related? I mean don't get me wrong...WOOT for the GOOT...he's still alive and working...but seriously...was it that slow of a news day?

Willis to Play Cop for SURROGATES (Article) - 11/19/2007 2:20:11 AM

HUH? Disney? Plot sounds Interesting...but a bit heavy and a little too serious for Disney...maybe one of it's subsidiaries...unless they're attempting something a little more modernly dark like they tried with the Witch Mountain films in the 70's...and with T3's director no less...Hmmm...we'll see.

SPOCK'S Mother Will Be Human (Article) - 11/10/2007 11:07:27 PM

Star Trek writer's are often fond of and known for dropping a bit of classic Shakespearean or even Greek (Bad Guy's name is Nero) literature into their screenplays...perhaps in the revised timeline JJ and company are planning on giving Spock an Oedipus complex?? And if so...you know...Winona's not bad to look at...so watch your back Sarek! and by the way...if they cast Winona as Amanda...who would you all cast as Sarek? I vote for James Caviezel!

Winona Ryder is SPOCK'S Mother (Article) - 11/9/2007 2:14:58 AM

Vulcan Mother of Spock?? Spock's Mom was Human...Amanda if I remember the character's name correctly...played by Jane Wyatt...so if she is Vulcan in the new timeline...are they going to switch it up and make Sarek a Human?

Two More for EARTH STOOD STILL (Article) - 11/6/2007 4:29:29 PM

Personally...I always pictured James Caviezel in the role of Klaatu if this ever got remade.

SPANNERS'S MANIACAL PERSONA