All spiderhero's Comments

First Look: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY & X-MEN: THE BLACK VORTEX (Article) - 12/21/2014 8:38:53 PM

Eh... the art really doesn't do wnything for me. Might be a cool story, but I'm tired of epic crossovers & events. Just give me a well-written story with interesting characters. You do that & you have my money.

Humphries can write some good stuff so I'll at least give the first issue a chance.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Character Names Revealed (Article) - 12/12/2014 12:16:27 PM

So glad they cleared up that those were stormtroopers. I was so confused...

Mania Review: Exodus: Gods and Kings (Article) - 12/12/2014 12:12:34 PM

I'm a Christian, a preacher even. I only say that to highlight that I've studied Exodus in great detail. They could have made this movie highlighting themes of oppressing foreigners: "There's going to be more of them than us." is almost a direct line from Pharaoh in the text.

They could have highlighted how the evil men do impacts the world, the environment even.

They could have wrestled with the notion of trusting the unknown verses staying in a bad, but known situation.

They could have exposed the arrogance of believing oneself to be above all laws, all powers & ignoring evidence that contradicts your firmly held beliefs about the nature of reality.

Yet apparently, they neglected all of those wonderful themes in the text itself for...what?

I don't demand a movie reproduce the source material 100% accurately, but I do want a movie to not completely abandon everything of worth in the material.

I was hoping there would be something of substance in this movie, but apparently, all it has going for it is a bunch of white Middle-Easterners some some cool special effects. Pass.

Terminator: Genisys - Trailer (Article) - 12/5/2014 11:33:57 AM

That was an awful lot naked man footage. Can you image the discomfort of getting liften in the air like that & having your junk yanked on by ecectrical forces? And in front of a crowd of people?

Cumberbatch is Doctor Strange (Article) - 12/5/2014 11:26:51 AM

Marvel continues to win.

Epically.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer (Article) - 11/28/2014 10:55:35 AM

Reading comments on here, I was confused. The trailer I watched twice didn't have any of what people are saying here. Then I found the trailer with the footage mentioned here. Turns out, there must be another trailer out. Check it out on YouTube.

Star Wars The Force Awakens Trailer (Article) - 11/28/2014 5:55:30 AM

The Force Awakens today, huh? Apparently not very early...

Jurassic World: Teaser of Teaser Trailer (Article) - 11/24/2014 9:14:07 AM

I liked the simple piano music with the JP theme. My wife walked down the isle to that piece so it has a special place in my heart.

The Fall of '84: Supergirl (Article) - 11/24/2014 9:10:32 AM

I thought this movie was bad...when I was a kid. I don't like the thought of revisiting it now.

Mania Review: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (Article) - 11/21/2014 5:39:01 PM

I'll probably check this out next week while I'm visiting my in-laws. That's how I saw the last one as there's not usually much else playing around Thanksgiving.

And I'm with everyone who says these movies are nothing like Twilight. I stopped watching those after the 2nd one. These are much better.

SPIDERHERO'S MANIACAL PERSONA