All spiderhero's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Cyborg Cast in Batman vs. Superman (Article) - 4/25/2014 7:58:33 AM

And the news of impending suckiness increases...

Comicscape: Amazing Spider-Man #1 (Article) - 4/23/2014 9:04:07 AM

It's been completely impossible for me to care about my all-time favorite character since they ruined him with OMD. That's not hyperbole. We now know, from the editor-on-high, that Peter CANNOT progress as a character. He CANNOT EVER actually have a relationship that will last. etc...

So, how can I care about a character that is forced by the editors to stay a loser, to stay a liar to his closest family, to forever have every relationship end badly, to stay forever spinning his wheels? That character/book/story is going nowhere. All that leaves are occasional big fights that mean nothing.

I'm not so much bothered by them flushing 20 years of continuity down the toilet. It's comics. That happens. I'm bothered by the edict that Peter must stay exactly as he was in 1965 FOREVER.

Rant complete.

Flash Gordon Movie for FOX (Article) - 4/23/2014 8:54:27 AM

This will redefine suckiness.

Goonies' Sequel Update (Article) - 4/22/2014 9:23:47 AM

Please let this happen...

First Star Wars Episode VII Set Photo Emerges (Article) - 4/17/2014 1:03:53 PM

Luke, Han & Leia take an old At-At for a joy ride remembering the good old days.

Guardians of the Galaxy - Behind the Scenes (Article) - 4/17/2014 1:02:23 PM

I think I accidentally ate that space raccoon road kill. Made my farts smell like Uranus for a week...

Hercules Movie - Official TV Spot 2 (Article) - 4/14/2014 12:43:16 PM

So this movie will have action, CGI monsters, yelling, & ... um ... I don't know. Hopefully an actual story. Nothing about this raises my interest beyond "Redbox it."

Mania Review: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Article) - 4/3/2014 4:42:18 AM

I've said it before: I think this may be the best movie this year.

Lucy - TRAILER (Article) - 4/2/2014 1:09:23 PM

Looks cool, but the trailer gives away everything but the ending it seems.

Odd Thomas: Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 4/1/2014 11:09:43 AM

I've read Koontz for over 20 years & the Odd Thomas Books are among his best. I was excited to her the movie was being made & disappointed it didn't get much of a release. Having watched the movie, I'm thrilled. Really. It's a wonderful adaptation.

And to Mr. Janson: You mention oddball humor & horror in the film. That's exactly what Koontz does in his books. He meshes genres if you will. His writing is impossible to classify for that reason. You never know what you're going to get from him: A techno-love-story-horror-supernatural-thriller? The movie does a great job of showing that versatility.

And I have to say, even though my wife & I knew how it was going to end, we were both surprised by how much we were moved by it. If Sommers could bring this level of attention to characters to the rest of his film making, he could be one of the greats.

I want to buy the movie, but I think I'll wait until a new edition comes out that has some extras. The lack of them on the BluRay is disappointing.

SPIDERHERO'S MANIACAL PERSONA