All sportwarrior's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

A Villain Named for Iron Man 3 (Article) - 5/17/2012 2:29:32 AM

Doesn't Coldblood work with SHIELD? That's the only time I can remember seeing him in a comic. I sure hope they give us The Mandarin with all this Extremis stuff going on. At the very VERY least give us a post credit reveal like we got with Avengers.

Mania Review: The Avengers (Article) - 5/2/2012 1:32:51 PM

Ugh. Gotta wait till next week to see this. Annoyed.

Mania Review: The Pirates! Band of Misfits (Article) - 4/26/2012 8:58:20 AM

Looking forward to this. I doubt I'll catch it in theaters, but I'm glad to hear it's as good as I wanted it to be.

First Look: I Frankenstein (Article) - 4/18/2012 1:47:37 AM

@ GothicStorm

Judging from the images that come up on a Google search, you're at least half right haha.

DVD Shopping Bag: War Horse (Article) - 4/3/2012 12:38:53 AM

I agree with the assessment on War Horse, too... except that the shameless emotional plucks still struck pleasant chords with my heartstrings. I loved the cinematography, was hapy with the score, and found the acting enjoyable. This is a replacement level Spielberg movie, which still makes it very good when compared to others... just not very high in his own pantheon.

Mania Review: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (Article) - 2/19/2012 12:01:21 PM

Not surprised in the least. The first one was one of the worst movies I have ever forced myself to sit through. I fail to understand how anyone here could see a single redeeming quality in that pile of trash. Two of its bigger problems? Uneven CGI work and an awful turn by Nic Cage. Sounds like neither of those were fixed for the sequal.

TV Wasteland: Chuck Closes (Article) - 1/23/2012 11:53:39 PM

Also very stoked about Spartacus. It's gonna take a little bit of effort to get used to someone other than Andy Whitfield as Spartacus, though, since he was a big reason why the 1st series was so good.

TV Wasteland: Chuck Closes (Article) - 1/23/2012 11:50:36 PM

Rob, that was a nice little tribute write up on the Chuckster. That show is ridiculous on so many levels, but I've always enjoyed it. I watched from start to finish, and I'm not sorry I did. It was a fun little ride.

69th Golden Globe Winners (Article) - 1/16/2012 6:33:28 PM

My buddy was pissed that Game of Thrones didn't win. I really can't care less about these award shows... except when a show both deserves recognition and NEEDS it as well. Homeland fits that bill. It didn't have even a fraction of the publicity and positive word that Game of Thrones had, but it deserved to be watched and noticed. Very very good series. Game of Thrones didn't need a win here. Homeland did, and maybe it'll get some more of the viewers it deserves because of it.

TV Wasteland: Escape from Alcatraz (Article) - 1/16/2012 6:29:27 PM

Down for giving Alcatraz a shot, if only because of the fond memories from Lost's early ride. Also, the lead is pretty attractive, which doesn't hurt.

Also agree with Rob on TRON Legacy. That movie wasn't mind blowing, but it didn't need to be. The visuals were amazing and the movie itself was rock solid and very atmospheric. It's going to stand up better than a whole heck of a lot of other movies out there. So looking forward to a sequel.

I've always been an Armageddon, knowing full well how bad the movie actually is. It holds together well even with all the bad lines and sappy story turns. One of the few Michael Bay movies I can say I have enjoyed on repeated viewings (second only to The Rock, probably one of my favorite movies from the 90s).

I'm still watching Fringe, but it hasn't been compelling for about a season and a half. I'd say too bad, but it doesn't sound like it's going to last much longer anyway.

Chuck is one of my guiltier pleasures. It is mind bogglingly tacky and campy, but whatever. For reasons I really cannot explain, I enjoy watching it.

SPORTWARRIOR'S MANIACAL PERSONA