All sportwarrior's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

The Geek Life: Phantom Menacing (Article) - 1/11/2012 10:56:00 PM

Phantom certainly has some sentimental memories attached to it for me. I was just out of middle school when it came out, so still very young... not quite a kid but certainly not feeling like a true teen. It was just this sort of intermediate phase in my life when there was still a little magic in the world before the inherently jaded perspective of the typical teenager grabbed hold over me. So in some respects this was the last big thing I remember from my "childhood," and as such I'm rather fond of the movie.

That doesn't speak much to its quality, though. The movie just isn't that great... but it's tolerable. Well, other than that goddamn space battle. Anyway, by default Phantom sort of takes the top spot for me.

First Ghost Rider: Spirit Spot Hits (Article) - 1/5/2012 4:20:49 PM

I fully appreciate and respect other people's opinions... but I will never understand how anyone thought the first movie was anything but the worst major comic release of the last decade. I thought it was nearly unwatchable.

First Ghost Rider: Spirit Spot Hits (Article) - 1/4/2012 12:25:36 PM

This one definitely looks better than the first.... but then again, nearly every movie release before or since the first one was better than the first. That movie was atrocious.

Wrath of Titans Trailer Online (Article) - 12/20/2011 1:05:12 AM

Maybe I'm silly for thinking this might be entertaining... but I think it might be entertaining.

New GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT Trailer (Article) - 12/19/2011 1:35:44 AM

I despise the first movie. It was absolutely awful. And I'm no fan of Nic Cage. While I recognize an improved tone in this one, I still can't see past the 1st movie when forming my opinion of what I'm seeing. I just have no desire to see this.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Teaser Trailer (Article) - 12/13/2011 6:07:45 PM

I watched this last night and it blew my mind. Minimizing Tatum's screen time? Check. A more grounded vision of the Joes? Check. A more accurate Cobra Commander? Check. NINJAS FIGHTING ON A FUCKING MOUNTAIN SIDE? Check. The list goes on, but wow does this look like fun.

DVD Shopping Bag: The Rocketeer Blu-ray (Article) - 12/13/2011 1:04:30 AM

Disappointing to hear about the lack of special features for The Rocketeer. That was one of my favorite movies as a kid. I had the bed sheets and everything. I'll still be looking to pick this up for Christmas, but it's a shame I won't get some special features with it.

Mania Review: The Muppets (Article) - 12/11/2011 1:46:34 AM

@axia

Highly debatable. The Muppets are nestalgic for a HUGE slice of genre fans. And with the Jim Henson Company's strong connection to genre material (Farscape, The Dark Crystal) I wouldn't have been surprised to see this pop up on Cinescape. It is FAR less tenuous a connection than many other movies that get reported on Mania nowadays.

Spartacus: Vengeance Opening Scene (Article) - 12/11/2011 12:48:21 AM

Me neither. I still don't quite understand why they didn't commit some more effort into getting Liam McIntyre at least a little yoked for this, but whatever. He's already acknowledged that he's working on it.

Starship Troopers Remake Coming (Article) - 12/3/2011 7:38:47 PM

There's definitely a ton of room for a remake here. The original strayed pretty far from the book, and a movie that followed the book could be pretty entertaining.

That said, the original movie AND the Roughnecks TV series were both favorites of mine. I still enjoy watching both. Never saw the sequels, though... never really cared to.

SPORTWARRIOR'S MANIACAL PERSONA