All sportwarrior's Comments

Geek Life: Clone Wars%u2019 Ashley Eckstein Interview (Article) - 9/29/2011 1:46:04 AM

Wife of former MLB 2nd baseman David Eckstein, for anyone interested. Talk about a mismatch, haha.

Spartacus' Whitfield Passes Away (Article) - 9/11/2011 10:45:31 PM

Very sad. He did an awesome job as Spartacus and I was very much hoping he'd be able to return at somepoint in the future. It's going to be tough for the new guy to come anywhere close to filling his shoes in the role. Rest easy, Mr. Witfield.

Universal Drops OUIJA Movie (Article) - 8/25/2011 12:24:18 AM

Like Wiseguy said, this is one of the few random board game properties that would actually make sense in a big screen adaptation. Battleship? Why even bother buying rights for it? Just make a naval combat movie. Monopoly? Why even bother? Just make a movie about high powered real estate execs. This stuff isn't complicated. But Ouiji actually could be turned into a nice little ghosty flick. Weird it'd be the one that actually gets dropped.

Latest IMMORTALS Trailer Online (Article) - 8/17/2011 2:10:54 AM

Looks very very cool... but as much as I like Rourke, I'm not sold that this role was for him. I'm open to the possibility he'll do well, but I'm having a hard time seeing that happen.

Full New Abduction Trailer Hits (Article) - 8/12/2011 11:04:39 AM

I can't take him seriously either. I will ALWAYS think of an alpaca when I see his face. In fact, when I saw this trailer in front of Captain America, I couldn't help but giggle a few times because I kept picturing a full blown alpaca cast in the movie instead of him, something I somehow found hilarious.

Demme Adapting King's JFK (Article) - 8/12/2011 11:00:47 AM

Time travel. Lame.

And oh, by the way, I have a time portal in my basement! Even lamer.

King can write, but this is kind of dumb. Did he run out of objects in his office to write about?

Syfy Cancels EUREKA (Article) - 8/10/2011 1:48:13 PM

I enjoy Eureka. Quite a bit. It's certainly SciFi's best show on the air, whigh I guess guess makes it unsurprising that it's getting canceled. Nothing that channel does surprises me anymore. Not since they canceled Farscape to replace it with Tremors TV.

Syfy Cancels EUREKA (Article) - 8/10/2011 1:22:20 PM

Mania Interview: Kate Mulgrew (Article) - 8/10/2011 1:18:48 PM

Sisko easily blows Janeway out of the water. A lot of that has to do with plot and writing, but in my view Sisko played the part of strong male much better than Janeway did strong female.

And, like Kaziklu, from the show's inception I wondered why they didn't head toward the wormhole, which was certainly known at the time and a much shorter distance, all things considered. They also had no idea oabout the Dominion's agression at the time, either, and wouldn't have had any way of knowing until they were well on their way. In fact, the more I think about it the more I realize that this would have been a fun and interesting cross over with the Dominion War story line. Voyager's survival through Dominion territory wouldn't have been any harder to believe than survival through Borg territory.

Oh well. Janeway was surrounded by an inferior cast as compared to Sisko, as well, so the comparison is unfair on multiple levels. The result is the same though: just not as high on the list as Sisko.

Mania Review: Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Article) - 8/8/2011 1:54:44 AM

@thebigiff

lol I assume that you're joking since I was referencing a scene that has been in every trailer since the first. I haven't even seen the flick myself!

SPORTWARRIOR'S MANIACAL PERSONA