All sportwarrior's Comments

Mania Review: Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Article) - 8/5/2011 4:10:22 PM

I just want to know why there are more chimps and gorillas on the Golden Gate Bridge than there are on the whole continent of Africa. Seriously. I feel like this is the monkey version of the ubiquitous and all powerful gun with unlimited ammo that is featured in 90% of action flicks and tv shows. The apes just keep coming!

Cowboys Get Smurfed (Article) - 8/1/2011 5:31:44 AM

After Alvin and the Chipmunks doing well enough to spawn 2 sequals I'm not too surprised to see the Smurfs doing as well as it did. I was expecting a $45-50m weekend for Cowboys and Aliens, so 38.5 is a tad disappointing.

Spartacus: Vengeance Teaser Trailer (Article) - 8/1/2011 5:28:10 AM

Got the same feeling, ponyboy. Not to mention it looks like McIntyre didn't build up the same level of physique that Whittfeld did. Put those together and it makes for a potentially underwhelming presence as Spartacus. I was a pretty big fan of the last two series, though, so I'm still looking forward to this one.

First Ghost Rider: Spirit Pics Online (Article) - 7/31/2011 1:04:29 PM

The first GR was probably the worst superhero movie of this decade. And that's saying something Nic Cage was awful, the effects were terrible, and the overall quality was leagues below anything else in recent memory. I really really really didn't like it, and I love GR so that's saying something. I was a little dismayed to hear Cage was returning for a sequal instead of rebooting with a new actor (like GR deserves). I have absolutely no hope that this movie will be any good.

Mania Review: Cowboys and Aliens (Article) - 7/29/2011 10:54:25 PM

I actually enjoyed the movie quite a bit... especially before about the midway point, where there was a sort of jump the shark moment... Took me out of the movie, but until that point I was completely sold. Overall I really enjoyed it... definitely  could have been better, but Craig, Ford, and the rest were all actually pretty good in this. I'd probably give it a B. Solid summer entertainment.

BATTLESHIP Teaser Trailer (Article) - 7/28/2011 1:35:12 PM

I won't go in with high expectations, but this could be fun...

10 Best Star Trek Moments (Article) - 7/28/2011 1:41:52 AM

There have been a ton of great Trek moments... Too hard to compile into a single top 10 list for me, but in addition to the few great suggestions already made in the comments I'd like to add much of the DS9 episode "The Visitor," but especially in the end when Jake ends his life to save his father's. One of DS9's finest moments.

Third HOBBIT Prod. Video Hits (Article) - 7/21/2011 1:34:25 AM

I've really enjoyed watching these production videos, but I particularly enjoyed watching this one. Simply cannot wait for this movie.

Starz Rejects Camelot Renewal (Article) - 7/9/2011 12:36:51 PM

I gave this show a shot, but I just couldn't stomach it. The kid playing Arthur was awful, and I really have a hard time with Fienes and his overacting.

First World War Z Set Pics (Article) - 7/9/2011 12:34:56 PM

I was in Malta at the same time as Pitt when he was filming scenes for this one... Finding the set was hardly on my priority list, but still kinda cool.

SPORTWARRIOR'S MANIACAL PERSONA