All sportwarrior's Comments

Beast Wars Season One Review (Article) - 6/21/2011 5:14:55 AM

This really was a great series. I'm dying to go back and watch them all again and see if it was just as cool as I remember it. The end of the series, especially. Beast Wars wasn't afraid of doing away with characters, and definitely listened to the fans (or at least knew what we all wanted to see). The Maximals finding the Ark with the Autobots, Optimus Primal combining sparkes with Prime to become Optimal Optimus (Or was it Primal Prime? I forget).... so many cool things. Maybe I'll take some time during my month of to watch it again.

First Clip from Transformers 3 (Article) - 5/19/2011 12:47:15 PM

I have fun with these and am definitely looking forward to this installment. I just am not looking forward to staring at that girl's face for hours. I just do not find her that attractive.

TITANIC 3D Re-release Details (Article) - 5/19/2011 12:42:33 PM

This... isn't genre news.

ABC's Once Upon a Time Trailer (Article) - 5/18/2011 9:53:45 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong (because I've never read Fables) but isn't that show GRIMM on Fox or NBC or whatever a lot more like it than this show?

New SUPER 8 Clip Arrives (Article) - 5/16/2011 11:09:55 PM

Really loved the teatrical trailer attached to Thor. This one is definitely on my watch list this summer.

Reeves Takes EIGHT O'CLOCK (Article) - 4/12/2011 6:39:33 PM

Cripple fiiiiight!!

Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode 1 (Article) - 4/12/2011 6:31:38 PM

Wow, Jeri Ryan loos old...

10 Fictional Vacation Destinations (Article) - 4/12/2011 6:24:39 PM

Eclectic list. Love to see Sandford, Gloucestershire getting a mention, too ;-)

TV Wasteland: Game On (Article) - 4/12/2011 1:13:07 PM

As with pretty much everyone else here, I can't wait for Game of Thrones. The 15 min preview looked fantastic. Thirsty for more.

Camelot is ok. The first two eps were pretty good. The 3rd's only highlight was Guenevere getting naked again. I'll keep watching, but the kid who plays Arthur is totally out of place in the show... No idea what they were thinking when they cast him.

The Borgias will have another Ep on Sunday. Not genre, but still very good.

And keying on Wiseguy's post, Justified is a great show and Lights Out was pretty good... definitely not of the same caliber or quality of Terriers, but still pretty good. The biggest issue was the guy who played Lights Out Leary. He just got progressively worse and worse until I almost couldn't bare him in the end. Still, the season wrapped up relatively neatly considering it was canceled already. I was satisfied.

One last thing... I love (well, like, anyway) Fringe... but what is with this stupid spirit of William Bell junk? I know Nemoy left before his arc was over in the story, but is this really the best method the writers could come up with for continuing his arc?

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Padawan Lost and Wookie Hunt (Article) - 4/3/2011 9:23:55 PM

This is a pretty good series. I feel like they - for the most part - walk a very good line between kids-y and entertaining enough for adults. Sometimes they tread to far toward the crib (specifically with that purple Hutt) but overall they do a fine job. Looking forward to season 4.

SPORTWARRIOR'S MANIACAL PERSONA