All stonedtodeath's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Guardians of the Galaxy Toys at Toy Fair 2014 (Article) - 2/20/2014 9:05:35 AM

@monkeyfoot - Rocket is portrayed as a bad ass, he doesn't like being called a raccoon and usually has a witty remark regarding his cuteness.  Usually only Earthlings call him a cute cuddly raccoon.

The Geek Life: Star Wars Expanded Universe (Article) - 1/14/2014 12:46:45 PM

I  just started reading some of the EU books, although becuase of my lack of knowledge on the books, I bought a Graphic Novel that takes place 125 years after the ROJ about Cade Skywalker.  It's okay, and from the comments I  can kind of get an idea where to start...this article was perfectly timed.

Star Wars Returns to Marvel Comics (Article) - 1/8/2014 7:29:40 AM

I'd be interested to see who is going to write it and what artist they select for the first comic.  I hope they don't just stick with the Skywalker story or related events.  I really enjoyed some of the stories some of the video games told.  Knights of the Old Republic was excellent and I think a more interesting story than the whiny Skywalkers.

ALMOST HUMAN: Simon Says Review (Article) - 1/8/2014 7:20:36 AM

I think Dastmalchian also played a suspect in the movie Prisoners...he was creepy in that too.

Iron Patriot for Avengers 2? (Article) - 12/16/2013 10:26:06 AM

The only person that belongs in the Iron Patriot armor is Norman Osborn.  The only other suit of armor that has the same paint scheme in the iron man canon of characters is Detroit Steel.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Well Review (Article) - 11/20/2013 12:53:42 PM

I did not like the episode, aside from the unfair criticism about McNichols portraying an Asgardian warrior, like others have mentioned he was a mason and joined a war effort to see the world.  McNichols was the one bright spot for this episode, he did a good job playing the part, even if as some have bemoaned he didn't look the part.  My complaints are with the acting and the cheesy dialogue, or failed attempts at cheesy dialogue.  I can't tell if it's bad directing and acting or bad writing and acting...or all three.  I like Fitz and Simmons, they play their parts fairly well.  Sky does okay at times and I feel like she has been better of late.  May has done well, but I am becoming annoyed with the "nodding knowingly" thing they tend to do too much.  It's like the writers couldn't come up with any dialogue for the actor in that circumstance, so they tell them to nod knowingly.  The Berserker Army story line was recently in the comic "Journey into Mystery" as Sif aligns herself with three former Berserkers.  I read comics regularly and the writers for Marvel write some great dialogue occasionally.  Take advantage of these writers that are already on the Mouse's payroll and utilize them.  Yost, Brubaker, Remender, Fraction, Bendis, Gillen, and Jason Aaron can write good to great dialogue at times.  Kill off Ward quickly, he is dragging the show down, it's not too late to save this show....otherwise...it'll be disappointing attempt at bringing comics to the small screen.

Preacher TV Pilot for AMC (Article) - 11/18/2013 12:30:28 PM

The idea that God or Jesus can't be part of a story is pretty absurd, and it does nothing to twist biblical stories.  People had twisted the word of God long before Ennis wrote Preacher.  It's a fictional story and does not take itself seriously...ever.  Someone meantioned the Boys, which I think would be great, they'd have to tone that one down a bit too though.  My personal opinion is that the only Ennis penned property AMC should consider is the Punisher.  The Punisher does not work well as a movie, but would be great as a one hour drama.  I'd love to see the Preacher and The Boys realized on the small screen, but not on AMC, it's too risky.

31 Days of Horror Movies: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) (Article) - 10/10/2013 10:59:36 AM

It really is a great horror movie.  It starts out slow enough for the viewer to connect with the victims, not many horror movies do that.  There were a few horror genre movies that did this effectively around that time, including the Descent.  Also stars the voice of Rusty Nail from the horror movie Joy Ride, Ted Levine and Billy Drago who played Frank Nitti in the Untouchables.

31 Days of Horror Movies: 28 Days Later (Article) - 10/9/2013 10:41:34 AM

@jedibanner - I've read some ways that a zombie apocalypse could actually happen, in most instances it is highly unlikely.  However, there is one instance that it could depending on your definition of what a zombie is.  That instance is rabies, which isn't much different than what Rage really is.

Olsen is the Scarlet Witch? (Article) - 10/9/2013 10:19:35 AM

Elizabeth Olsen is a good actress.  I've seen two movies she was in, and she did well in both of them.  Watch Martha Marcy May Marlene, she's good in that and she gets naked a few times which will give you an idea about how well she'll fill out that costume.  I think she's a better young actress than Jennifer Lawrence.

STONEDTODEATH'S MANIACAL PERSONA