All stonedtodeath's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

THE WRATH OF CON EXCLUSIVES (Article) - 7/11/2013 12:02:09 PM

@mrdjspaz:  Yes you missed one of the best Wolverine comics series in years called Old Man Logan.  Excellent writing and art.

I am a toy collector and love these exclusives.  Unfortunately so do Ebayers and they take full advantage of it.  I buy a few extra exclusives, but I try and start the bidding at 99 cents and let the market decide it's value.  Glad to see MU putting out another old man logan.  I really want that toy.

Motor City Comic Con Report and Cosplayers 2013 (Article) - 5/22/2013 9:48:21 AM

I was at the Dallas Comic Con last weekend.  Guests included William Shatner, Ernie Hudson, John Romita Jr., some Star Trek TNG alumnis, and a few Power Rangers.  The cosplay was pretty spectacular.  I got some great pictures.  Also there was a Funko Pop Reverse Flash Toy exclusive.  The lines were pretty short, I only waited an hour to get in Friday.  Nathan Fillion was supposed to be there, but cancelled due to an illness.  Everyone was polite, with the exception of a few fanboys.  My 10 year old nephew and I caught John Romita Jr. as he was leaving, however he stopped and took a few minutes to talk to my nephew and I and sign our Kick Ass 2 comics.  The volunteers there were extremely helpful and I intend to go back next year.  I'm dying to go to Comic Con Internaional, but this was a very cheap alternative and well worth the price of admission.  I honestly can't complain about one single thing there.  The concessions were reasonable, just an all around great experience for me and my three nephews.

Redford for Captain America 2? (Article) - 3/23/2013 11:11:01 AM

@monkeyfoot....actually Redford was the protagonist in "The Last Castle".

Berry joins X-Men: Days of Future Past (Article) - 3/6/2013 8:28:02 AM

I remember hearing about an X-Man movie in the 90's and my cousin and I talked a lot about who could play who.  I don't remember who we chose for all of the characters, but I remember who we chose for Wolverine and Professor X.  I am not a Trekkie, never have watched a lot of Star Trek, and have always leaned more toward Star Wars.  However, I had seen a few episodes of TNG.  So when the question arose who would play Xavier we both said...that bald dude from Star Trek.  We chose Bruce Willis for Wolverine....why?  We thought he was short enough and he had the right attitude, due to his portrayal of Det. John McClane in Die Hard.  We both thought Arnold would be a great Colossus if he were younger.

I think Halle Berry did a crappy job of portraying Storm, I don't know if it was because of the directing or because she can't act.  She's not a bad actress, she was just bad in this.  So unlike most people, I blame Singer for her portrayal and because I think he's a hack.

Sy Joins Next X-MEN (Article) - 3/3/2013 9:00:02 AM

I agree with most that this will possibly suck.  I don't think they should do this storyarc at all.  It's too confusing.  In fact I don't think they should do anything involving time travel....period.  I don't like Bryan Singer as a director or producer for that matter.  There are some really great stories in the X-Universe that are simple and when you have 2-3 hours to convey the broader points of a complicated story arc, something is going to fall through the cracks (most likely Halle Berry's accent).  I think Fox and Sony have really screwed the pooch with these reboots.

Comicscape: Avengers #5, Snapshot #1 (Article) - 2/8/2013 11:00:18 AM

Thanks for finally covering the Avengers this week, I know I have been badgering anyone who'll listen to read that comic.  To me, it really is the best comic to come out of Marvel Now, Hickman is a good writer and Kuberts art is good.  The X related comics have really outshined the Avengers comics the past couple of years and it looks like they are taking a backseat to the Avengers in Marvel Now.  You may disagree, but most of the good writers are writing for Avengers related comics.  Remender, Hickman, Bendis are all writing for an Avengers comic.  Remender just left Secret Avengers and Uncanny X-Force for Captain America.  The New Avengers Arc is interesting especially with the members of the Illuminati.  Uncanny Avengers is okay, not sold on it yet, but I like the roster.  X-Factor is pretty good right now and I like Savage Wolverine, both of those are good reads.  The new Thunderbolts has a great roster, but I think they have changed the overall purpose of the Thunderbolts, which was to reform super villains.  The new roster is chock full of your typical Antihero types.  The Dark Avengers (actual Thunderbolts) isn't bad either, if you like C-list villains in a possible alternate dimension fighting A-list heroes.  Overall Marvel Now has kept things interesting (except Superior Spider-Man), but I can't compare it to DC because I have no interest in DC comics with the exception of Before Watchmen.  I think Marvel has it's finger on the pulse of what it's readers want mostly and try to deliver that.

The Pull List: February 6th 2013 (Article) - 2/7/2013 9:26:11 AM

The All New X-Men is a compelling story and the art is good.  The Avengers and New Avengers has probably the best writing and I like what Hickman is doing with Hyperion and the Smasher.  I know someone complained that they had no idea why Captain Universe, Hyperion, and the Smasher were in the comic, but Hickman has covered two of the three in the last comic and is covering Captain Universe in next months issue.  I was pretty pissed about Remender leaving Uncanny X-Force and I don't like Brubaker not doing Captain America.  I am officially done with Superior Spider-Man.

The Pull List: January 30th 2013 (Article) - 1/30/2013 9:49:17 AM

@spiderhero - I agree although I am giving it a few more comics before I throw in the towell.

The Avengers is a pretty decent comic right now and I like the direction it's going.  The writing and art is good.  That should be on your pull list.

Comicscape: Savage Wolverine (Article) - 1/23/2013 7:59:20 AM

I use the Comixology app as well and I love it.  I also only read Marvel, as I have for most of my life, with a few exceptions.  I like the Wolverine comics and I'mnot going to judge this new direction? they are taking until a few more comics.  It is not my favorite Marvel publication at this moment and since Marvel Now began, I've only found three I consider must reads: Avengers, Thunderbolts, and Punisher.  This Punisher arc has been great.  Dealing with the consequences of the last arc, it describes not only Frank's new direction, but how every Avenger feels about vigilantism.  You know how some of them are going to react, but there have been a few surprises.  A human being with no powers versus the super human Avengers, really interesting.

The Dark Knight Returns: Part 2 I Am The Law Clip (Article) - 1/20/2013 12:00:06 PM

I agree about the cover art not representing the animation in the movie.  The only reason I watched Apocalypse is because I like Clayton Crains art, which is on the cover, but not in the movie.  I wish either Marvel or DC would utilize some of their better artists to work on the animated movies.  A Ghost Rider animated film written by Garth Ennis and animated by Clayton Crain would be great.  The X-Men's Messiah saga (Messiah War, Messiah Complex, and Second Coming) would be great and if Disney/Marvel would pull their heads out of their asses it would be getting done.

STONEDTODEATH'S MANIACAL PERSONA