All stonedtodeath's Comments

Shock-O-Rama: Vampires (Article) - 1/20/2013 11:48:56 AM

Vampires was one of the bloodiest vampire movies I had seen since From Dusk til' Dawn.  I like James Woods and think hes a much better actor than he's given credit for.  I think the same about Gary Oldman and Val Kilmer.  I watched this movie last year after having not seen it in a long while and I was entertained.  It sucks (no pun intended) that vampires have become what they have in the last 4 or 5 years.  Movies like Twilight and Fright Night along with the T.V. series True Blood have really ruined what made me like vampires the most....they're bad asses.  Vampires have never had an enemy like Jack Crow someone who's just as bad ass as they are....also a Baldwin.

10 Ways Disney Could Save Star Wars (Article) - 11/1/2012 8:43:58 AM

I've read a couple of articles about this so far and the fantasy casting has begun.  The most important thing this article outlined is something which most movie geeks know....the director matters.  There's lots of stories out there to be done in the Star Wars universe and I don't salivate as much over the Skywalker storyline as I do others.  I loved the stories behind some of the Star Wars video games, such as Knights of the Old Republic and Jedi Academy.  There could be some really great animated movies and shows to come about because of this.  Although I was initially upset about the Mouse's purchase of Marvel, not much has changed in the comics and the movies have been good.  I think Disney certainly has shown the ability to appeal to the masses and still please the fanboys.  The fact is you can't do both great.

Thor 2 Synopsis (Article) - 10/17/2012 8:44:48 AM

I think the Celestials kind of predate everyone, although I certainly wouldn't call them shadowy.

Comicscape: Avengers vs X-men comes to a close (Article) - 10/10/2012 6:45:26 AM

I was actually dissapointed with AVX and agree with you about the continuity issues.  I may be alone on this, but one of the main reasons I am a fan of Rick Remender is he keeps most of his characters in flux with what is going on outside their world.  Uncanny X-Force pretty much all but ignored AVX, but they didn't ignore Deadpool losing his healing factor or Evan getting kidnapped from Wolverine's school.  My favorite comic over the past two years or so has been X-Force and Uncanny X-force, sure there was a bad plot line or two (the whole omniverse plot was confusing) but they did tie that story in with the death of Fantomex and the skinned man.  Just one humble comic reader's perspective.

The Strain Comes to FX (Article) - 9/25/2012 12:13:05 PM

Chuck Hogan wrote a great book called Prince of Thieves as mentioned.  The book really reads like a detective novel from the perspective of the criminal and is very technical.  Although The Town is based on this book, it couldn't have been more different and certainly didn't capture the tone of the book, and I won't even begin to decry how bad the character development was.  I have started to read th second installment of the Strain trilogy and I thought I would be reading a technical Horror story, almost like CSI:John Carpenter's Vampires, I wasn't even close.

Feige talks Thanos and Avengers (Article) - 9/22/2012 8:53:21 AM

DC is trying, but I think the main problem I have with DC is the Super Hero names...the more popular names have had movies or TV shows i.e. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman.  The lesser knowns couldn't carry their own movie because it sounds silly to walk up to a movie theatre and ask for two tickets to Booster Gold or the Blue Beetle.  I know that sounds like a dumb reason not to like something, but as a whole Marvel has much more marketable characters.  Of course I may be over simplifying,

Firefly Reunion Footage at NYCC (Article) - 9/19/2012 2:44:50 PM

Its sad that some of the better television shows can't gain enough notoriety to stay on T.V.  Arrested Development garnered critical acclaim but could not gain enough of an audience to stay on T.V.  The same could not be said of Firefly, looking back I thought it looked cheesy and decided early on not to watch.  After watching Serenity, I went back and watched all of the episodes on Netflix, and to my surprise I really liked it.  The campiness was truly part of the appeal and all of the characters were well written and affable, now I wishs I would'vr given it a chance and it may still be on T.V.

The 50 Best Chase Scenes: Part 3 (Article) - 9/19/2012 5:58:21 AM

The chase scene from the Matrix Reloaded will be included, really it's the only reason to watch the movie.  I knew The Bourne Identity chase would be included and I'm sure we can expect at least one more Star Wars chase scene and it mentions the chase scene from Mad Max...so you can bet it'll be there too.  Bullitt was a good chase scene for it's time and influenced many others after it.

Mania Review: The Loved Ones (Article) - 9/17/2012 8:03:08 AM

I watched it this weekend.  The story is good and there are a few twists.  The movie contains minimal gore, although there are a few scenes where I thought the torturing of their victim looked painful, none of it was cringe worthy.  It's worth renting though and is definitely better than my past few rentals.  I had to decide between this and Battleship...I'm confident I made the right decision.

Cap 2 and Avengers 2 Updates (Article) - 8/27/2012 11:08:55 AM

The Masters of Evil are usually a group opposing the Avengers, but I think Ultron would fit in best.  It definitely presents an oportunity to introduce some new characters such as the Vision, Hank Pym, and Janet Van Dyne.  I don't particularly like any of those characters, but it's got an air of realism.  I think everyone would like to see Secret Invasion or a Civil War themed movie, but those seem near impossible and don't jibe well with this Marvel Universe.  I'm interested in seeing some live action TV series based on Marvel characters, Daredevil, Punisher, maybe even Wolverine would make great series.  I think they screwed up by cancelling EMH.

STONEDTODEATH'S MANIACAL PERSONA