All stonedtodeath's Comments

<<  <  4 5 6 7 8 9 >  >>

Second Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Trailer (Article) - 3/18/2012 11:04:09 AM

I think you should read the book first, it might help generate some interest for you.  I thought the book was great, it has some historical elements obviously, with the fantasy elements sandwhiched in.  The book does an excellent job of weaving the two together.  It's unfortunate this site doesn't do more book and comic reviews, because Vampires are everywhere right now (One of the X-Men's current story lines revolves around Vampires, hell Jubilee is a Vampire) theres no reason why one shouldn't exploit our history to make an interesting Vampire story, it beats the hell out of Vampire DIaries, Twilight, and the Moth Diaries.  I'd implore everyone to go see this, show the movie industry that there is actually a place for Vampires as evil blood-thirsty villains again.  Its okay to have one be a hopeless teenage romantic, but he should always get staked in the first five minutes of the movie, it's only right.

Mania Review: 21 Jump Street (Article) - 3/18/2012 10:42:59 AM

I won't see it, mainly because it is another comedic remake of a TV show.  I will however see a movie remake of Facts of Life, Gimme A Break, or One Day at a Time.  I refuse to give any of my money to unoriginal movies or George Clooney (Been that way since Batman and Robin) anymore.

10 Best Movie Endings (Article) - 3/1/2012 2:22:22 PM

Finally I hear someone besides me say that Once Upon a Time in the West is a great Western, however the best ending for any Western is The Wild Bunch.  I don't think the movies listed are Top Ten material, but definitely should be in the discussion.

Level Up! 2012 Preview! (Article) - 1/13/2012 7:18:06 AM

I'm a big fan of X-Com as well and I liked the turn based/real-time strategy gameplay and still look for good strategy games such as X-Com, the last strategy game I played was on the original X-Box called Gladius.  You ran your own gladitorial school and could buy fighters as well as gain some through your journey.  It was a good turn based strategy game with some RPG facets.  I guess nobody likes this type of game anymore, but if done well it could be entertaining.  Oh well I can still play X-Com apocalypse on my PC, maybe Terror from the Deep.

10 VFX Oscar Contenders (Article) - 1/5/2012 7:27:14 AM

How is a monkey supposed to act, it isn't Gorillas in the Mist.  That's like saying Simba didn't act like a real lion, it's a science fiction not a documentary.  When did jedibanner become an authority on primate behavior and social interactions.  It covered it's bases, for the most part, and the CGI was excellent.  I attended college so I could accomplish CGI that well done.

Tuesday Terrors! (Article) - 1/3/2012 2:55:41 PM

Robert E Howard is from Cross Plains, Texas, I used to hunt there and lived about an hour away.  When you drive into the town there is a sign with his picture that says "The Hometown of Robert E. Howard", I thought to myself Who is that douche?  Did my homework and it turned out he used to be a boxer, wrote lots of science fiction and fantasy stories, is considered by some to be the father of fantasy novels or sword and sorcery, something like that, and the most interesting thing about Howard is kind of a horror or mystery story in and of itself.  His mother lies sick in a hospital, breathing possibly, her last breath.  Howard walks out of the hospital and across the street to his car, gets in, and shoots himself in the head.  He inspired people like George R.R. Martin and Tolkien.  Most interesting guy I'd never heard of.

69th Annual Golden Globe Nominations (Article) - 12/15/2011 11:50:05 AM

I would put odds on Too Big to Fail winning at least one to two awards that the movie probably shouldn't win.  It is advancing an agenda and showing Hollywood's support for the poor OWS movement.  I also think that at least one of the characters from Shameless should have got a nomination, the movie nominations are pretty bland.  I think Super 8 should have been nominated.  I won't watch, I never do anymore, mainly because it's an excuse for Hollywood to pat themselves on the back and to inform us of what we should be watching but aren't.  I think they've been right once and that was with Arrested Development, which I am still in favor of Fox bringing back., although T.V. has been inundated with these mockumentary type sitcoms i.e. Modern Family, P&R, the Office..etc..etc...  Cinema Verite was an excellent movie, especially if you hate "reality" television as much as I do.

Ghost Rider: Spirit Poster Hits (Article) - 12/14/2011 11:16:39 AM

Youtube has proven that anyone with an hd camera and an idea can make a decent trailer, I don't get moved by movie trailers anymore.  I also don't think the movie poster is all that impressive, anybody with a computer and a few graphic design programs can do them.  A movie poster shoud inspire a person to see the movie, simply throwing the name of the movie with some flames and motorcycle doesn't cut it for me.  There are lots of artists out there that could do a great poster for this movie and regardless how much they know about Ghost Rider or the last movie would be effective in both gaining a new audience and retaining the one they already have, which wil probably dwindle once the reviewers get their hands on it.

The 13 Best Stephen King Adaptations Ever (Article) - 12/7/2011 4:28:02 AM

1.) Shawshank Redemption

2.) The Green Mile

3.) Stand By Me

4.) Silver Bullet

5.) Misery

6.) It

7.) The Mist

8.) The Stand

9.) Pet Sematary

10.) Needful Things

Also liked Graveyard Shift, but the one I hated the most is Desperation, the book is good but they should have adapted The Regulators, it would have translated well to screen.  One that shouldn't be done is the Dark Tower, just couldn't get into it.

The 13 Best Stephen King Adaptations Ever (Article) - 12/6/2011 2:04:24 PM