All stonedtodeath's Comments

<<  <  4 5 6 7 8 9 >  >>

Level Up! 2012 Preview! (Article) - 1/13/2012 7:18:06 AM

I'm a big fan of X-Com as well and I liked the turn based/real-time strategy gameplay and still look for good strategy games such as X-Com, the last strategy game I played was on the original X-Box called Gladius.  You ran your own gladitorial school and could buy fighters as well as gain some through your journey.  It was a good turn based strategy game with some RPG facets.  I guess nobody likes this type of game anymore, but if done well it could be entertaining.  Oh well I can still play X-Com apocalypse on my PC, maybe Terror from the Deep.

10 VFX Oscar Contenders (Article) - 1/5/2012 7:27:14 AM

How is a monkey supposed to act, it isn't Gorillas in the Mist.  That's like saying Simba didn't act like a real lion, it's a science fiction not a documentary.  When did jedibanner become an authority on primate behavior and social interactions.  It covered it's bases, for the most part, and the CGI was excellent.  I attended college so I could accomplish CGI that well done.

Tuesday Terrors! (Article) - 1/3/2012 2:55:41 PM

Robert E Howard is from Cross Plains, Texas, I used to hunt there and lived about an hour away.  When you drive into the town there is a sign with his picture that says "The Hometown of Robert E. Howard", I thought to myself Who is that douche?  Did my homework and it turned out he used to be a boxer, wrote lots of science fiction and fantasy stories, is considered by some to be the father of fantasy novels or sword and sorcery, something like that, and the most interesting thing about Howard is kind of a horror or mystery story in and of itself.  His mother lies sick in a hospital, breathing possibly, her last breath.  Howard walks out of the hospital and across the street to his car, gets in, and shoots himself in the head.  He inspired people like George R.R. Martin and Tolkien.  Most interesting guy I'd never heard of.

69th Annual Golden Globe Nominations (Article) - 12/15/2011 11:50:05 AM

I would put odds on Too Big to Fail winning at least one to two awards that the movie probably shouldn't win.  It is advancing an agenda and showing Hollywood's support for the poor OWS movement.  I also think that at least one of the characters from Shameless should have got a nomination, the movie nominations are pretty bland.  I think Super 8 should have been nominated.  I won't watch, I never do anymore, mainly because it's an excuse for Hollywood to pat themselves on the back and to inform us of what we should be watching but aren't.  I think they've been right once and that was with Arrested Development, which I am still in favor of Fox bringing back., although T.V. has been inundated with these mockumentary type sitcoms i.e. Modern Family, P&R, the Office..etc..etc...  Cinema Verite was an excellent movie, especially if you hate "reality" television as much as I do.

Ghost Rider: Spirit Poster Hits (Article) - 12/14/2011 11:16:39 AM

Youtube has proven that anyone with an hd camera and an idea can make a decent trailer, I don't get moved by movie trailers anymore.  I also don't think the movie poster is all that impressive, anybody with a computer and a few graphic design programs can do them.  A movie poster shoud inspire a person to see the movie, simply throwing the name of the movie with some flames and motorcycle doesn't cut it for me.  There are lots of artists out there that could do a great poster for this movie and regardless how much they know about Ghost Rider or the last movie would be effective in both gaining a new audience and retaining the one they already have, which wil probably dwindle once the reviewers get their hands on it.

The 13 Best Stephen King Adaptations Ever (Article) - 12/7/2011 4:28:02 AM

1.) Shawshank Redemption

2.) The Green Mile

3.) Stand By Me

4.) Silver Bullet

5.) Misery

6.) It

7.) The Mist

8.) The Stand

9.) Pet Sematary

10.) Needful Things

Also liked Graveyard Shift, but the one I hated the most is Desperation, the book is good but they should have adapted The Regulators, it would have translated well to screen.  One that shouldn't be done is the Dark Tower, just couldn't get into it.

The 13 Best Stephen King Adaptations Ever (Article) - 12/6/2011 2:04:24 PM

1.) Shawshank Redemption

2.) The Green Mile

3.) Stand By Me

4.) Silver Bullet

5.) Misery

6.) It

7.) The Mist

8.) The Stand

9.) Pet Sematary

10.) Needful Things

Whedon Talks AVENGERS (Article) - 11/22/2011 1:47:20 PM

Well Hollywood is crazy about fads, vampire fads, superhero fads, old hanna barbera cartoon live action reimagining movie fads.  The one aspect of the comic book super hero fad is that it's fan base is huge and the fans are extremely particular.  I don't think I can say that about twilight fans, although I wouldn't really know, I've managed not to see five minutes of a twilight movie through three women who were crazy about the book and movies.  Bad boyfriend...maybe....but I never asked them to sit down with me and watch the old X-men cartoons I recorded or look at and discuss my awesome Marvel toy collection.  I also beleive that there is enough material out there for them to make and remake many comic book adaptations, how many times can you make a sense and sensibility remake...no matter how many times you do it...its still sense and sensility.  I can think of a million different good X-Men and Avengers storylines that could make great movies.  Who wouldn't want to see a Civil War, House of M, Secret Invasion, Secret War, Galactus adaptation etc. etc.  I've grown to enjoy the idea of an X-men live action T.V. show or a movie about the Deadly Genesis story Arc.  I don't see these movies going away, especially when the well is far from dry.

Murphy Exits Oscar Hosting (Article) - 11/13/2011 7:01:35 AM

First and foremost, I despise the Oscars and award season, mainly because it's a bunch of elitists patting themselves on the back and making political statements on whatever the current hip political movement in Hollywood is at the moment.  People are too easily offended now, why can't I say ni**a or "ni**er", black people unabashedly use it and then turn around and wag their finger when I say it....why...because I'm white....now aren't they being racist.  I can't say a word because of my race, creed, or sexual preference? Does that sound like prejudice to them? If I were Ratner I would throw that in their face...How come gay comedians like Mario Cantone can use the word "Fag", but I can't?  In fact if I were Ratner I would make a movie called F.A.G. which would stand for Fornication Against God about two gay black/hispanic/asian women who are illegally in ths country working in a teachers union in the South in the 1950's....did I mention they are also retarded.  That would piss just about everyone off and then he could retire. Other possible solutions make out with Eddie Murphy in public, Marry Eddie Murphy, and adopt 5 children from third world countries.

10 Overlooked Animated Features (Article) - 8/10/2011 11:55:27 AM

Secret of Nimh is a great movie, and a great book as well.  I don't know if anyone has seen it, but a Disney movie called the Black Cauldron, I always liked it and I think it was one of the only animated Disney films with blood in it.

STONEDTODEATH'S MANIACAL PERSONA