All swisshammer's Comments

The Walking Dead Season 4 Alternate Ending (Article) - 8/25/2014 11:40:29 AM

Yes! Thank you. This is how I heard it in my head.

Mania Review: Guardians of the Galaxy (Article) - 8/1/2014 1:06:27 PM

I've been away for awhile, but I thought I'd log in to see what the good ol' maniacs are saying about GotG. I saw it last night, and I was completely captivated. It felt fresh, fun, and really had me laughing. Besides The Winter Soldier, I think it was the best film of the summer. So in that sense, I give it an A.

I did think it got too goofy at times, and that the neon-colored aliens got a little too schlocky for me. But for the most part, I thought it was brilliant. I'm going to see it again on Sunday. And I NEVER go to see movies twice in the theater!

Fantastic Four Re-Writes (Article) - 10/5/2013 10:39:03 AM

The only way I can see a Fantastic Four movie working is if they set it in the 60's and work in the space exploration theme from that time. I'd LOVE to see it as a period piece!

Female Superhero Movie for Marvel (Article) - 9/24/2013 12:51:44 PM

Katie Sackoff as Ms. Marvel would be the most amazing thing ever!!

Abrams on Cumberbatch for Episode 7 (Article) - 9/24/2013 12:46:06 PM

Cumberbatch would be an excellent choice for the trilogy. I also like the names that are being dropped for the female leads. This is looking better and better every day.

Carrie Gets R Rating! (Article) - 9/24/2013 12:39:20 PM

Um... no one would pick on a girl who looks like Chloe Grace Moretz. She's too beautiful. She's a great actress, but in my opinion, that's a miscast.

Not only that, but this looks like an almost shot-for-shot remake.

Not that interested.

DEXTER: Remember the Monsters? (Article) - 9/24/2013 12:30:23 PM

Best show ending ever? Battlestar Galactica. Period.

DEXTER: Remember the Monsters? (Article) - 9/24/2013 12:26:08 PM

This whole season was so disappointing. The finale was bound to be awful. The ONLY redeming quality of this episode was Joey Quinn. But I feel like that character, and the actor as well, got the shaft big-time. Here's what I thought was wrong with the ep:

1. Dexter chooses to honor Deb by disposing of her body just like he disposed of all of pieces of crap he killed? And this right after he says "I love you"? Didn't ring true with me.

2. The CGI hurricane was the cheapest looking thing I've ever seen. And the filters they used on the camera during that scene were horrendous.

3. Like rkngl suggested, the logic just didn't work. Harrison is the quietest kid ever. Dexter's the worst father ever. Hannah didn't have too much emotion to Dex's death. Dexter's death was on the front page of the news after a hurricane? Yeah right. It was all too much.

4. Dexter abandons Harrison and Hannah? After all of the love he spouted for them throughout the series, he just makes up a lame excuse like, "I have to protect them from me"? I didn't buy that either.

5. Dexter's a lumberjack?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! What the hell?!?!?!

6. Then they break the fourth wall at the very last shot. That really took me out of the whole show.

I could note a bunch more problems with it, but I'm just glad the show is over. It's like putting down your dog. You hate that he's gone, but you're glad he's no longer suffering. It's hard to believe that this is the same team that gave us the amazing Trinity season.

2013 Emmy Winners (Article) - 9/23/2013 8:48:40 PM

Is there a reason why The Walking Dead wasn't nominated for anything? Am I missing something? Or is this the biggest omission ever?!?!

Gravity: Official Main Trailer (Article) - 9/16/2013 9:07:23 AM

Calamity: Then how do you explain the shuttle falling to earth? If the debris hit the shuttle hard enough to slow it down, then why do they keep floating when they seem to be going the same speed as the shuttle? It just doesn't sit well with me.

Maybe they'll address it, maybe they won't. But as far as universal physics go, I'm not entirely certain this film is successful in its depiction.

SWISSHAMMER'S MANIACAL PERSONA