All swisshammer's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Defiance: Pilot Review (Article) - 4/23/2013 8:07:18 AM

See, I heard "If I Didn't Care" and thought immediately of Blade Runner. But instead of seeing it as a stroke of genius, I attributed it to a weak attempt at adding substance. It seemed more like another way they are aping other, more original and successful, sci fi films and tv shows.

HANNIBAL: POTAGE Review (Article) - 4/23/2013 7:31:21 AM

This is one of the best shows on network tv in a LONG time. It's shot extremely well, and by film veterans to boot: this ep was directed by David Slade. Great stuff. I'm looking forward to the next ep.

THIS IS THE END: Redband Trailer (Article) - 4/4/2013 8:01:57 AM

Craig Robinson is the man!

World War Z: Official Trailer #2 (Article) - 3/25/2013 5:21:33 PM

Wiseguy: I agree. They're taking the title of a good book and tying it to a shitty B movie about a virus. From the trailer, it doesn't even look like zombies. This goes against all the characteristics of true zombie films.

This should have been a tv show with every episode devoted to a different survivor's story. Just have a guy interview the survivors and run some flashbacks. There ya have it. Done and done. That would have made a MUCH more appealing and faithful rendition.

I'll rent it. Or better yet, I'll just wait until they run it 6-7 times on HBO or Showtime or Encore.

NEW Wolverine IMAGES and Trailer Update (Article) - 3/25/2013 5:01:38 PM

I agree, zipahead. There's a way to make the costume look cool in the real world and not too comic-booky, if that's what people are afraid of. And Wolverine, to me, has always been the costumed version.

Shock-O-Rama: The Beyond (Article) - 3/20/2013 3:38:49 PM

One of the best Italian horror movies ever. The final scene is especially haunting.

Game Of Thrones Season 3: The Beast and War Previews (Article) - 3/17/2013 11:59:56 AM

Rob, dude, you just gave away some of the plot twists. I've read the books, so I already know what's going to happen this season, but some people only watch the show. Jon going over to the wildlings is a major story arc that comes at a surprise to the reader/viewer. I wouldn't have mentioned that if I were you.

But whatever.

I am SOOOO ready for this season. This book was probably my favorite of the bunch, so it'll be interesting to see it come to life. I really hope that they do it justice. I'm sure they will.

Almostunbiased: if you were so inclined, you could probably download the shows from iTunes every week. Or steal them from some bitTorrent site. If you were so inclined.

RIP Jakester (Article) - 3/17/2013 11:44:31 AM

RIP, Jakester. Your avatar always made me smile.

Raimi Confirms EVIL DEAD 4 Plans (Article) - 3/2/2013 11:31:13 AM

I was so ready to believe that I would never see another true Evil Dead movie. I'm not that into seeing the remake (even though I probably will), but an Evil Dead 4? Fuck yes!!

Now Bruce has to keep pushing Raimi, or he's bound to move on to other projects.

The Walking Dead: I Aint a Judas Review (Article) - 3/1/2013 5:16:23 PM

And I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I don't think they're going to kill off Andrea. Merl, maybe. Andrea, no.

I hope they don't kill off Merl, because I like the dynamic he brings to the group, but I don't really see him surviving the ultimate fight between Woodbury and the Prison.

But I think Carol's number is near up. And the same goes for the baby. And if the show really wants to bring the bombs, Hershall, Carol, Beth, Merl, and the baby will all die, along with the Gov, Milton, and the other two dorks with Tyrese's group.

One person besides Rick who should not die: Daryl. If they kill Daryl, they'll lose millions of fans.

SWISSHAMMER'S MANIACAL PERSONA