All swisshammer's Comments

Heroes: I Am Sylar (Article) - 4/22/2009 12:14:48 PM

Killerville, I definitely agree with you that it is unoriginal. I think that goes without saying. And as much as I want to defend his RIGHT to say something, it's just as reasonable to think that he would get attacked for WHAT he said.

Plus, I think that such vitriole in this instance is self-defeating to the author in so much as this show CLEARLY inspires a great deal of passion in Rob Faux.

And I completely agree with you there.

Heroes: I Am Sylar (Article) - 4/22/2009 11:17:22 AM

...and Killerville, that's quite an accusation. Yes, there are similarities, but "lifted," I don't think so. To accuse someone of plagiarism is pretty raw, man.

I'm not defending the writing as much as defending his RIGHT to write it. Give the guy a break.

Heroes: I Am Sylar (Article) - 4/22/2009 11:12:20 AM

Anyone who thinks any review is completely objective is either lying to themselves or can't think past what is intended.

Heroes: I Am Sylar (Article) - 4/21/2009 11:38:43 AM

I have to defend Rob a little. I mean, yeah, it may not be the best idea to state that you outrightly hate a show you're reviewing, but I have to say that to me it sounded like a boiling over of frustration: not really a claim. I can understand being frustrated with something you think should be so much better. Gauley: you have to admit that the show started off much better than it's ended up. Althought it may never have been "great," it certainly has been better than what it is now. So I feel that when Rob expresses his anger at the show, he's trying to communicate a growing and universal public frustration.

That being said, Rob, I think I'd be a little more careful at how I phrase "I hate it." I think we all knew that before you actually stated it.

STAR TREK Monster Revealed (Article) - 4/21/2009 10:34:56 AM

I know, wishful thinking, auvischizo.

STAR TREK Monster Revealed (Article) - 4/21/2009 9:15:51 AM

I'm not a Trekie, so I don't have much knowledge as to the history of the franchise, but this movie looks like it could be okay. I'm interested in seeing it. I'm kind of meh on the monster, though. Looks like something–everything–I've seen before. Hopefully the movie with have more than just special effects wizzardry and retain a little substance.

Dekker Joins NIGHTMARE Reboot (Article) - 4/17/2009 1:44:57 PM

I'm also against it. I haven't seen a good remake in... ever. But I second the Haley pick. I guess Englund's getting too old anyway. Pretty soon they wouldn't even need makeup for him.

Witherspoon Isn't NICE (Article) - 4/17/2009 1:40:21 PM

Hahaha! I just pooped my pants, MaLarrya!

Kings: Insurrection (Article) - 4/7/2009 12:25:30 PM

I like this show, but it's clearly in trouble of being canceled before it even takes off. That's a shame because Ian McShane is pretty f-in awesome.

The SCIFI Channel Talks SYFY (Article) - 3/27/2009 11:53:06 AM

“And, you know, there’s something which - there’s something about the letter form in particular that we believe and we’ve had this confirmed in our testing makes the logo very accessible and relatable, the symmetry of it, the letter forms of the two Ys together with the S and F which are very rounded.”

This is why I hate corporate America.

SWISSHAMMER'S MANIACAL PERSONA