All thatguy1's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Superman: Earth One Graphic Novel Review (Article) - 11/10/2010 6:47:50 PM

I enjoyed it as a standalone.  I'm not sure that I like seeing Superman with a Batman-esque "I will avenge thee" back story, but it was decent for a one off.

I really enjoyed seeing Jennifer Carpenter cast as Lois Lane though.  Shane Davis very effectively captures the Dexter actress's facial expressions in several panels.  Actually, Carpenter would be a great choice for a new, bad-ass Lois in the Snyder film...

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/7/2010 6:20:02 AM

Is it just me or are these the worst spammers ever?

No link, no clear website and an almost incoherent pitch.

No wonder they don't have a real job.

Can somebody at mania please take the two minutes required once a day to delete these morons?

Thanks

Photos: SMALLVILLE - 10.8 - Abandoned (Article) - 11/3/2010 3:05:27 PM

Kraken89 -

Could be.  I'd miss the mask though.

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/3/2010 3:04:01 PM

SarcasticCaveman -

I am in that minority with you.  I thought DiMaggio's Joker was BY FAR the most creepy and unnerving portrayal ever laid down.  Don't get me wrong, I still rate Hamill as the all time best since he so effortlessly captures a whimsical psychopath who meanders along a tightrope of comedy suspended over a raging inferno of crazy.  Still, in the realm of a purely terrifying Joker, DiMaggio nailed it.

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/3/2010 2:59:53 PM

mikemc2 -

I agree that a cloth outfit would fit the character better, after all he's more ninja than knight when it comes to his style.  You'd need a guy built (at the minimum) like Jason Statham or Jason Momoa (in his current, bulked up for Conan physique) to pull off a cloth outfit and it's tough, tough, tough to find a guy built like that who can act.  Tougher still to convince a guy built like that to put on a spandex bodysuit.

I'm not holding my breath to see Batman in a more comics friendly outfit anytime soon.  Hollywierd has decided that the Bat is supposed to wear more armour than a linebacker and still somehow he's able to fight elegantly in hand to hand situations.  I guess we just have to live with it.

I still long to see a grey and blue Batman on screen.  It's just not fair that the closest we've ever seen to the comicbook colour scheme is the Adam West version.

Photos: SMALLVILLE - 10.8 - Abandoned (Article) - 11/2/2010 5:04:49 PM

Ah, action.  A vast improvement over this week's Attack of the Amish.

Granny Goodness, Mad Harriet.  Awesome.  They really need Lashina though.  She's the best character of the Furies and easily the sexiest.  I'd kill to see Big Barda, but I'm not holding my breath.

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/2/2010 3:49:33 PM

Sarcastic Caveman

A quick check of the DVD reveals that no, Batman did not carry shark repellent on his utility belt.

He did, however, carry a variety of Bat Repellent Oceanic Sprays (4 to be exact, Barracuda Repellent, Whale Repellent, Manta Ray Repellent and Shark Repellent) in a rack on the Bat Copter.

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/2/2010 10:27:01 AM

goldeneyez -

I guess I'm nobody, 'cuz I said that very thing on the previous page of the comment section.

To quote Hamill's Trickster from JLU, "Nobody gets me."

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/1/2010 3:58:18 PM

And to the points about the two versions of the Joker (Nicholson vs. Leger, we'll leave Caesar Romero out for now) I am firmly in the Nicholson camp. Leger was a great villain, but as I've said here before, he never once showed me the Joker on film. Just a great, anarchistic, psychotic, disturbing villain. But I never saw the Joker up there. If you took the makeup off, put him in a green suit and turned him loose with EXACTLY the same performance, people would be raving about what an amazing Riddler he was.

For the record, the Timm-verse Joker wins the prize too. Mark Hamill hits all the right notes (for a great look at what might have been, check out Hamill playing The Trickster in two episodes of the short lived live action Flash tv show) and walks the tightrope between funny and disturbing with ease.

Batman Battle Royale (Article) - 11/1/2010 3:46:04 PM

Well, ok, technically, Adam West hit the silver screen in a blue cowl too.  But in the "modern" era, he's always been all black except for the Kilmer/Clooney versions.

THATGUY1'S MANIACAL PERSONA