Not that many of you care (well, probably none of you do.) but I am leaving Mania. I will be canceling my account this weekend (if I can figure it out with this new setup, no offense Mania) and sadly moving on.
It has been a very fun 10 years for me and I hope all you scfi, fantasy and action lovers continue to speak your minds. Wow, I cannot believe I have come to this site for 10 years. That is just wild stuff. To me, it has been time well spent. I hope many of you stay with Mania through the long run as I did, or in my case tried.
Take care everyone and keep on being maniacal.
theCollector wishes you all the best.
What is that you ask? That is the new Title for the X-files sequel.
Check a confirmation here: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080416/ap_en_mo/film_x_files_title
What do you think? For me, I like it. Lets see how they can market it though.
Trailer will come soon, and word is...it is a different one from the bootleg from youtube.
Tags: the xfiles, mulder, scully, i want to believe, skinner
There ya go. To be honest, from what I just heard and saw. I am not excited, and do not have High hopes. I think Kevin Conroy is a great choice. Obviously. However, the way they made this movie kinda puts me at a stand still. Reminds me of the AniMatrix movie. YAWN.
At least Conroy is back. joey is right, the Conroy's voice sounds different. In a bad way.
Is coming soon on the newly launched (launched tonight) at www.xfiles.com
YIPPY! I am excited about this one. FINALLY I am excited about a movie.
And Iron Man
And Indy 4
Tags: the xfiles, mulder, scully, cancerman
You always respond to my inquiries and all of a sudden you deny me respondage?
Why is this? I even did as you prefer and emailed you to your email address?
Is this the end of our association? Am I to assume you no longer want to converse with me? I thought we had good times, man. Awesome times.
Maybe it is time for me to move on, leave and never look back......maybe the heart doesn't want what it wants?
Where is everyone? what happened to themovielord? Or MxM? Or Amatorian?
I know I have been gone for a month or so, but what the heck? there are others I cannot even remember there name. There are so many new people here.
I feel lost and a little weirded out. Is that normal? Is Scoundral still around? Is Merin still around? Hello out there!?!?!? exfan?
Lately, I have been sick of hearing of remakes or shows based of popular movies being made. Seriously, the kid in me cannot wait for Knight Rider to return to TV. I was giddy when I heard about Transformers. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles looks good. It just seems to be that remakes are REALLY getting old. Friday the 13th, Halloween, The Fog, Amityville Horror, Nightmare on Elm Street, The Hills have Eyes, Superman Returns, The Arena, Carrie, Cheaper by the dozen, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Oliver Twist, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Planet of the Apes, AND SO ON! And that list is just a few!
For me, I want a movie with a new twist or great idea. I am a fan of M Night because he made you think. Well, I figured his first successful movie The Sixth Sense from the get go, but he did his movies different. He put thought behind it. He tried to engage us and in my case he succeeded.
However, their are some movies I would like to see remade, or a book made into a movie or a comic. Here is what I would love to see.
1. Footprints of God (Novel by Greg Iles) this book is really good, and wow....would controversy start if they made it.
2. Prey (Novel by Michael Crichton) This is a really scary book, because it has an isolated feel and there is NO ONE to help. I do not want to give it away, but it has some REALLY eerie moments.
3. State of Fear (novel by Crichton) Yeah, this is not an accurate book, but it would be a great thriller none the less.
4. Remake of Spider-man 3. Seriously, this movie was not even close to being ok. Venom needs justice. Raimi really screwed us on this one.
5. Remake The Island (Ewan McGregor) This movie had a lot of potential, it is just Michael Bay has no idea how to create emotion or suspense (well, he did good on Armageddon....one out of 20 is not bad) This needs to be done with justice as well.
6. Remake Scream 3. Look, I love the Scream franchise, even 3, but it doesn't feel like the others, it felt rushed or it just could be, basically, that it was not really needing to be made. However, I think if they put a good effort into it, it could be remade, remember the rules? It can be done.
7. Shanghai Knights, Seriously, we all know this could have been done with better care. It had a lot of potential. Owen Wilson in London? How is that not comedy gold?
8. Batman: Hush. I love this Graphic novel....it is one of the best ones since The Dark Knight Returns. If you have not caught it, read it. I know they will not a make a movie out of it, but I really wish they would.
9. Batman: The Killing Joke. (Graphic Novel) Yeah, this is what the Joker really is. Not Heath and Nolan's dumbass perception of him. This is the movie that should be made. The material is RIGHT THERE. use it.
10. Blankets (Graphic Novel) Have you not read this? WOW! I mean wow. this is a must READ. MUST.
11. Superman: Birthright. Now this would be a great start off for a reboot of the Superman franchise. Well, except "Soul Vision" That still irritates me.
12. Alien 3. WE ALL NOW WHY. Poor Bald headed Weaver.
13. Dragnet (Dan Aykroyd and Tom Hanks) Yeah, it is an ok movie. I watched it a thousand times as a youngin, but now it seems really bad. I would love to see Steve Carrel and Jim Carrey in a remake.
14. From the Corner of His Eye ( Novel by Dean Koontz) Wow, just the beginning of this book would get movie goers hooked!
15. Intensity (Novel by Dean Koontz) This book is F-ing FREAKY! This book freaked me out for days, not only is it blunt and straight forward, it feels so lonely. Great for Movie Magic.
There you have it. This list would make me happy if one day they were done with respect and care. Well, with care at least.
Oh and a Critter remake is supposed to be happening......which makes me even more angry. WHY?!?!?!?!?
Well, I have to admit I did a DUMB DUMB thing this weekend. I watched a movie that was worse than any movie I have seen and it is all my fault. Look, I thought maybe this time....this time, I would be proven wrong, BUT NO!
What movie? Was it Juno? Bucket List? AATC? First Sunday? NOPE! I went and PAID to watch In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale. Yep. The Uwe Boll Directed crapfest with high caliber actors. Ray Liotta, Jason Statham, Ron Perlman (Who looks REALLY old int he movie).
So now that my idiocy is out of the way, HOW ON EARTH does UWE BOLL get these actors? Seriously. DO they not know his previous movies? It is beyond me!
You know what? I want to box this dumbass. Seriously, Mania, get in contact with his people, this piece of Garbage needs to be KTFO! I only need one round and BAM! That is it. Anyone want to back me up on this? Yes, I am the one who stupidly spent money on a UWE BOLL movie, but I need vindication. I gave him a 9th chance and I want my money back. WITH INTEREST!!! YOU HEAR ME BOLL!!?! YOU ARE GOING DOWN ASS!
Well. As you know, I am not very excited to watch the Dark Knight. Well, I stumbled across these pics
They have Joker and a batman pic. I must say. I HATE the Joker look. I really HATE it.
There is something about that look that really annoys me. I know....I am "bias" towards a movie that is not out yet. But I saw the 7 monutes of "joker" and then found these pics and I am so not happy with the new movie or its look. I wish Hollywood would just give up!!!
Well....I came across this link showing the new KITT.
I have to say that it looks good. There wa sa pic of a mustang as well earlier on websites...but did not have the fins and there was a grey stripe. I like this look much better. Looking forward to the TV movie.