All theCOLLECTOR's Comments

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 4/27/2008 9:46:23 PM

themovielord, I appreciate that column! I forgot to say something. It was a great column by the way. I think the lack of response is odd. You make a very good point.================ Merin, we have not seen eye to eye, but I respect you quit a bit. I think you are passionate about film as I am. which makes it great reading your thoughts.=============== The reason I am leaving is a bit personal. I have to make some changes in my life and they have to be drastic. No, I am not on drugs or dying, I just need to get away. I made this decision after I became ill from Pneumonia awhile back and realized I need to do more than what my life is now. I feel bad for being so cryptic with my original post. I have to admit that it was just plain rude and I apologize. Ok, I to say this. Are you ready? Live Long and Prosper and may the Force be with you! themovielord, let me know how Iron Man and Indy 4 turn out. Would love to know.

Smell my face! (Blog Post) - 4/27/2008 9:26:07 PM

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/23/2008 5:30:13 PM

Well, to be honest I a a very hard critic when it comes to movies. Yet, I know how to suspend belief, how else could I enjoy FF and Hellboy? Seriously though, when directors and FANS say they want realism in movies and want to make it as real as possible, then do so. Do not make the movie half-assed because you know it can gain hype. For instance: If NEWS crews are filming the monster attacking the city, why would they want to watch footage that is barely comprehensible and rarely shows the monster? You have news crews that are looking DIRECTLY at monster? Stuff like that just irritates me. The Government will not watch 30 minutes of a party and then watch 5 mins of monster from amateur footage. Yeah, right. Another example is Batman Begins. People love this movie because it is "real" Even Nolan states that he can only do a batman movie if it is done with realism. Not gimmicks. Weird, since when is driving a TANK on a roof REAL? Not Gimmicking at all. Yet, fans eat up the hype and always will. So Hollywood is doing something right. This is why we have people who know nothing of story and real element making movies. And we will continue to get garbage. I mean we are getting a remake of Freddy, Jason (already did Michael...with the horrid Halloween remake), Critters, The Thing and now Child's Play! Come on! USE THE BRAIN PEOPLE! If you want it real, make it real, you want it original, then do so.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/18/2008 7:51:33 PM

LOL! BHC: 4, and it will be called something like, 'To Be Or Not To Be A Beverly Hills Cop'. Or TBONTBABHC for short. To be honest, I am not excited about this movie, but I am sick of people saying he is a bad director and "ruined" X3, I think the time given him, we got a great movie. Oh, and I HATE remakes. I am sick of them!! SICK! There is now a rumor of remaking Critters and Puppet Master, I mean come on, get over it. ORIGINAL.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/18/2008 3:06:14 PM

What exactly is wrong with X3? Ratner is a good director. Red Dragon was fantastic. I enjoyed all three rush hour movies and I REALLY Like X3...much better than 2. Imagine if Anderson (AVP) or Uwe Boll was considered. I am sick of the Ratner hating.

MEDIUM: Partners in Crime (Article) - 4/18/2008 2:42:52 PM

I want to watch this show. Is it good? I mean, is it good and not CORNY? I start watching Bones, and I have to admit, it is ok and I like David....but Emily Deschanel is just not the right actress for that show. I want to like it. I think I am getting there and I am interested in this show...but it seems like the Ghost Whisperer to me and I cannot stand that show.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 4/18/2008 2:27:41 PM

I love GI Joe, and to be honest, I am not interested in this movie. No matter HOW hot she is....and yes....it is a shame they cut off her butt....

Michael Stahl-David Responds to CLOVERFIELD 2 (Article) - 4/18/2008 2:16:42 PM

Oh my gosh. This movie is horrid and the whole idea of a sequel makes no sense. Leave it alone let it die. No offense, but a news crew "follows" the monster? The disaster? Then why even bother with the amateur footage? It would negate it. That is a reason I thought Cloverfield was horrid. We have a guy filming TV in which we can see they have a better glimspe of the monster. it just seems juvenile.

Inigo Montoya (Image) - 4/18/2008 2:10:16 PM

I agree gauleyboy420. I agree 100%. Josh Hartnett? SUPERMAN? WTF?

X-FILES 2 slowly coming true (Article) - 4/16/2008 5:07:32 PM

Old Article...with no comments? A bit odd.

THECOLLECTOR'S MANIACAL PERSONA