All thecheckeredman's Comments

WB Talks Green Lantern Trailer Release (Article) - 3/30/2011 6:04:47 AM

"Part of the reason the response to the first trailer was lukewarm was that the big-scale sequences weren't ready to show," Marketing President Sue Kroll adds

As in ALL if it...this has "stinker" written all over it IMHO.

Hard Boiled (Article) - 3/9/2011 9:58:11 AM

I recently accompanied my finace' to Boarders where I picked up a copy of THE HUNTER.  I love Darwyn's artwork but wasn't expecting the stark contrasty work with that single ominous midtone.  I sat down in the cafe and read the whole thing in one sitting.  I was hooked from the first few pages.  One of the best pieces of sequencial art I've read in years.  Bravo!

Captain America's Red Skull Revealed (Article) - 3/4/2011 7:47:16 AM

I'm quite impressed.  The ears are a little odd looking, but that's such a minor detail.  I'm also digging the Hydra/Nazi uniform design here, it harkens to the past but stands on its own.  Kinda cool.

Mortensen Circles SUPERMAN? (Article) - 2/28/2011 7:46:33 AM

I feel like these filmmakers are only picking Zod (and or Luthor in SR) because all they're familair with are the Supes flicks and not the comics.  Bizarro, Parasite, and Metallo are all characters that could go toe-to-toe with Supes and provide a serious threat.

FanCasting Friday: She-Hulk (Article) - 2/11/2011 8:16:40 AM

Alba?  Really?  Sure, she's pretty, but as She-Hulk?  Notta chance.  Alba is NOT a good actor and doesn't possess a drop or charm or playful charisma Jenn should have while either cross examining a witness or tossing cars around...

Even More Spider-Man Photos (Article) - 2/7/2011 9:01:41 AM

This costume is awful.

WALKING DEAD Aims For Long Run (Article) - 1/28/2011 5:34:36 AM

GL will be awful.  'Nuff said.

Summit Readies RED Return (Article) - 1/18/2011 10:31:43 AM

GL looks so bad.  I watched the trailer on my computer and had lackluster feelings about it, then I saw it on the big screen before Harry Potter and it looked downright awful.  This movie has turd written all over it from really bad casting, poor design work, and bad CGI.  I smell a Ghost Rider if you catch my drift...

CAPTAIN AMERICA! (Article) - 1/14/2011 10:13:26 AM

I'm nervous about CAP.  I like what I've been seeing, but I guess I'm afraid that it will be just plain dumb and lifeless.  Joe Johnson is NOT a director I have confidence in.

The Wolfman, Hidalgo, Jurassic Park III, October Sky, Jumanji, The Pagemaster (live action sequences), The Rocketeer, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids...

While I loved the Rocketeer everything else on his resume here is a meh to down-right awful.

I also enjoyed several of the stills and pics I saw from The Woldman and that flick was a turd...just a turd of a movie.

I'm still on the fence on this one...

New GREEN LANTERN Image Online (Article) - 12/30/2010 6:19:16 AM

Egad does GL look bad.  I want to like it but I just can't.

THECHECKEREDMAN'S MANIACAL PERSONA