All theduck1980's Comments

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 1 Year to Go (Article) - 12/20/2014 11:16:59 PM

there is no way in the world I could watch all the movies in one marathon.  I would be 'movied out' by episode VII which would ruin it for me!  I would definitely be interested in seeing a marathon featuring the original trilogy(original theatrical versions) within a week or two of VII's release :)

FIRST Superman IMAGE from Batman v Superman (Article) - 7/4/2014 12:57:11 AM

Jimvo99, perhaps its not the uniform & more the background... gotham.

I've been wondering, am I the only person who can't access the 'more' news link under movies?  I keep getting tv shows or comics news instead?? & the filter doesn't work?

Mania Box Office Report: Transformers, Of Course (Article) - 7/3/2014 1:46:03 AM

Dear Micheal Bay, clearly there's money in bringing 80's Robot cartoons to the big screen.  If you must keep going with it, please put transformers to rest & give us Voltron(the lion version) or something.

Dracula Untold - Official Trailer (Article) - 7/1/2014 2:24:20 AM

Oh don't worry about it, turns out there's plenty vampire myths older than dracular... must be one of them

Dracula Untold - Official Trailer (Article) - 7/1/2014 2:16:16 AM

I'm curious about draculas supernatural benefactor?  An older vampire than Dracula?

Mania Box Office Report: Spidey Falls?! (Article) - 5/13/2014 2:22:20 AM

Sorry, but I hope they take this a sign that they're killing spiderman with too many movies.  I'm a big comic movie fan, but I couldn't believe how quickly spiderman was rebooted & i'm just bored with it.(amazing spiderman was the nail in that coffin)  Just give it time to rest guys, there's plenty of other cool comic material out there to exploit, why run this one into the ground?

Godzilla - It Can't Be Stopped (Article) - 4/1/2014 6:06:49 PM

To me, it looks like a movie that's focused on what Pacific Rim merely skimmed over in it's opening scenes, the epic battle to take down the first Kaiju, before the invent of Jaegers.  Could be fun!

Mania Review: Open Grave (Article) - 1/7/2014 4:23:23 PM

^ Well I guess it won't be a surprise to anyone else will it!

Godzilla Official Trailer (Article) - 12/13/2013 12:01:37 AM

I get movie sentimentality, I do.   For example I was appalled to learn some of my much younger co-workers prefer the star wars prequels to the originals, & it must be because they didn't grow up watching Luke, Han & leia.

So i'm not surprised people are ready to jump on board & assume Godzilla's dominance over the likes of Pacific Rim.  However, unless Godzilla takes on a fairly different tone than Pacific Rim, it's going to be more of the same, but with only one Monster.

I don't know, perhaps the beauty of this movie may be the struggle to bring him down without the aid of Jaegers?(A struggle only breifly mentioned in Pacific Rim)

Mania Box Office Report: Burning Hunger (Article) - 11/25/2013 3:44:50 PM

For the second time this year, I am shocked to see that americans haven't supported as well what I would have thought was a no brainer to go see... First Pacific Rim, now Thor the Dark World?

Thank god these movies aren't reliant on the american domestic market.  $549,000,000 for thor so far.

I wonder how much longer the superhero genre boom has left... hopefully it remains popular long enough to see a few more avenger/justice league movies made.

P.s.  It is a little disappointing that only the american domestic earnings are reported here.  Surely the true measure of a films success should encompass it's global acceptance?

THEDUCK1980'S MANIACAL PERSONA