All theduck1980's Comments

Godzilla - It Can't Be Stopped (Article) - 4/1/2014 6:06:49 PM

To me, it looks like a movie that's focused on what Pacific Rim merely skimmed over in it's opening scenes, the epic battle to take down the first Kaiju, before the invent of Jaegers.  Could be fun!

Mania Review: Open Grave (Article) - 1/7/2014 4:23:23 PM

^ Well I guess it won't be a surprise to anyone else will it!

Godzilla Official Trailer (Article) - 12/13/2013 12:01:37 AM

I get movie sentimentality, I do.   For example I was appalled to learn some of my much younger co-workers prefer the star wars prequels to the originals, & it must be because they didn't grow up watching Luke, Han & leia.

So i'm not surprised people are ready to jump on board & assume Godzilla's dominance over the likes of Pacific Rim.  However, unless Godzilla takes on a fairly different tone than Pacific Rim, it's going to be more of the same, but with only one Monster.

I don't know, perhaps the beauty of this movie may be the struggle to bring him down without the aid of Jaegers?(A struggle only breifly mentioned in Pacific Rim)

Mania Box Office Report: Burning Hunger (Article) - 11/25/2013 3:44:50 PM

For the second time this year, I am shocked to see that americans haven't supported as well what I would have thought was a no brainer to go see... First Pacific Rim, now Thor the Dark World?

Thank god these movies aren't reliant on the american domestic market.  $549,000,000 for thor so far.

I wonder how much longer the superhero genre boom has left... hopefully it remains popular long enough to see a few more avenger/justice league movies made.

P.s.  It is a little disappointing that only the american domestic earnings are reported here.  Surely the true measure of a films success should encompass it's global acceptance?

RoboCop Official Trailer #2 Sneak Peek (Article) - 11/8/2013 3:22:33 PM

@DarkJedi41 - lol!  Exactly what I was thinking.  Samuel L is to movies as Snoop Dog is to Music.

Mania Box Office Report: Elysium (Article) - 8/12/2013 4:49:09 PM

@Walker

It has nearly doubled it's 190mill cost now, so it's not all bad.  It has done poorly in Japan but broke warner bros record in China.  Not surprising really, the Japanese deserved bigger representation in this movie... thats one thing del toro got wrong IMO.  I couldn't believe that an Aussie Robot was in there, that's the one that should have been Japanese(& i'm an aussie!)

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Plot Details? (Article) - 8/2/2013 5:52:00 PM

Thought 1:  Quicksilver being brought in doesn't seem like the obvious choice from all thats available, as discussed many times, he's too tied in with the x-men.  I think they've done this to make The Flash seem like a copy cat when DC gets to him.

Thought 2:  They got away with the 'magic' issue nicely with thor.  It's just science we don't yet understand.  Don't think that'll fly with Scarlett Witch.

WOLVERINE Wins Average Report (Article) - 7/30/2013 3:55:11 PM

Can't help but notice Pacific Rim seems to be on everyone's mind still.  I too feel fustrated at how poorly it's doing.  It hits every note it aims for perfectly & to those who criticize it for it's lack of depth in story or whatever, um.... really?  I went in there with a slushy n popcorn & saw exactly what I wanted.  I didn't want to be moved to tears!

It's visuals left me jaw dropped from start to finish...  The audience clapped when the credits rolled.  Enough said!

I feel the problem is it looks too ridiculous to the average movie goer when you look at those trailers.   Sadly, for the first time in my life, I was forced to watch a movie alone with this one.

@jedibanner.  Spot on, 3d didn't help at all.  I avoid it if at all possible... & my local cinemas stopped showing 3d just a few weeks in, leaving only 2d.  I saw it about 3 weeks after opening & it was packed.

Good news is it has finally passed its budget with Japan & china still to come.

Mortal Instruments: Official Trailer (Article) - 6/10/2013 4:21:01 PM

I can't understand the twilight comparisons?  Just because there's a young male & female lead?  Doesn't look like a love/whatever movie to me at all.  Reminds me of buffy...

5 Fantasy Movies to Tide Us Over (Article) - 12/20/2012 12:04:35 AM

@ Axia777.  Game  of Thrones Season 3 you say?  Indeed!  Get behind it everyone!  Well funded fantasy TV series are rare & much better than movies if done right.  So much is missed in the time constraints of a movie...

THEDUCK1980'S MANIACAL PERSONA