All theduck1980's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

RoboCop Official Trailer #2 Sneak Peek (Article) - 11/8/2013 3:22:33 PM

@DarkJedi41 - lol!  Exactly what I was thinking.  Samuel L is to movies as Snoop Dog is to Music.

Mania Box Office Report: Elysium (Article) - 8/12/2013 4:49:09 PM

@Walker

It has nearly doubled it's 190mill cost now, so it's not all bad.  It has done poorly in Japan but broke warner bros record in China.  Not surprising really, the Japanese deserved bigger representation in this movie... thats one thing del toro got wrong IMO.  I couldn't believe that an Aussie Robot was in there, that's the one that should have been Japanese(& i'm an aussie!)

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Plot Details? (Article) - 8/2/2013 5:52:00 PM

Thought 1:  Quicksilver being brought in doesn't seem like the obvious choice from all thats available, as discussed many times, he's too tied in with the x-men.  I think they've done this to make The Flash seem like a copy cat when DC gets to him.

Thought 2:  They got away with the 'magic' issue nicely with thor.  It's just science we don't yet understand.  Don't think that'll fly with Scarlett Witch.

WOLVERINE Wins Average Report (Article) - 7/30/2013 3:55:11 PM

Can't help but notice Pacific Rim seems to be on everyone's mind still.  I too feel fustrated at how poorly it's doing.  It hits every note it aims for perfectly & to those who criticize it for it's lack of depth in story or whatever, um.... really?  I went in there with a slushy n popcorn & saw exactly what I wanted.  I didn't want to be moved to tears!

It's visuals left me jaw dropped from start to finish...  The audience clapped when the credits rolled.  Enough said!

I feel the problem is it looks too ridiculous to the average movie goer when you look at those trailers.   Sadly, for the first time in my life, I was forced to watch a movie alone with this one.

@jedibanner.  Spot on, 3d didn't help at all.  I avoid it if at all possible... & my local cinemas stopped showing 3d just a few weeks in, leaving only 2d.  I saw it about 3 weeks after opening & it was packed.

Good news is it has finally passed its budget with Japan & china still to come.

Mortal Instruments: Official Trailer (Article) - 6/10/2013 4:21:01 PM

I can't understand the twilight comparisons?  Just because there's a young male & female lead?  Doesn't look like a love/whatever movie to me at all.  Reminds me of buffy...

5 Fantasy Movies to Tide Us Over (Article) - 12/20/2012 12:04:35 AM

@ Axia777.  Game  of Thrones Season 3 you say?  Indeed!  Get behind it everyone!  Well funded fantasy TV series are rare & much better than movies if done right.  So much is missed in the time constraints of a movie...

Man of Steel Official Trailer #2 (Article) - 12/14/2012 5:37:42 PM

haha, thanks wise!

Man of Steel Official Trailer #2 (Article) - 12/14/2012 2:18:32 AM

Pff, page 15, no ones listening... but anyway.

@goldeneyez - I thought his take off reminded me of Goku from Dragonball z rather than neo/matrix.

In dragonball, Goku is also an oprhaned alien posessing a natural strength far beyond humans.  In dragonball they try to give his abilities a good explanation.  i.e. Chi... & lots of it.  You could apply a lot of that fictional theory to superman... including the disturbance around him as he gathers his 'chi?' for flight.

Similarities don't end there... zod & vegeta.  The dragonball movie was one of the biggest movie going disappointments I can think of, so much potential totally pissed away... but it looks like I may see some of what I envisioned in a live action dragonball movie from my personal fav instead, big blue :)

Mania Review: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (Article) - 11/16/2012 4:36:04 PM

Wow, I haven't seen this movie... & i'm not expecting much from it, but really Rob?  If you can't write an unbiased objective review, then maybe you need to let someone else do it.

1st paragraph - hate hate hate... nothing about the actual stand alone movie.

2nd para - "Jacob (Tayler Lautner) has apparently imprinted on the child, meaning that he basically gets to eye-fuck a six-year-old for the whole film"  mmm strong language, that venomous line really shows his neuatrality to the franchise.

3rd para - "That’s basically the gist of it: there’s a big fight coming and we gotta get ready for it. Of course, Breaking Dawn Part 2 needs to kill 90 minutes of screen time first"  Lets face it... that about sums up most action movies...  so why can't twilight use this formula as well?

4th para - well actually I won't bother continuing.  Like I said, maybe it's an ordinary movie, maybe its not?  But reading this review was like watching a Black Vs White Football match with the Tom Metzger refereeing

Justice League for 2015 (Article) - 10/19/2012 1:42:11 AM

furthermore, going head to head with avengers 2 is just stupid.  They should alternate yearly, that way they get full return $$ out of their flicks & we get at least one awesome team up every year!

THEDUCK1980'S MANIACAL PERSONA