All theduck1980's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Mania Review: Finding Nemo 3-D (Article) - 9/14/2012 2:41:25 PM

A indeed.  awesome kids movie. i didnt go see it again, 3D interests me very little.  i remember seeing a doco with a cinema that had wall to wall screens plus the roof n floor.  they included canisters under the seats that released certain smells at the right moment.... perfume, smoke, whatever...(think at a french tech museum)  now why didn't this catch on?

imagine seeing the fish actually swim past you or beneath you, with a lovely sea fragrance about you the whole time!

anyway, for me the thing that made this movie stand was that unmistakable aussie accent n humour as marlin got closer to australia :)

Mania Review: [REC] 3 (Article) - 9/7/2012 2:35:57 AM

Be the first to comment... hmm, well how about - OMG, stop with the f'n zombies & vampire movies!!!! seriously, what's happened to imagination?  Why can no one think of something new?

After that rant I must admit i'm kinda interested in what world war z has to offer, but thats it!!!!! lol

Where to Now 6 Ideas for the DC Movie Franchise (Article) - 7/24/2012 3:48:00 AM

I just saw Dark Knight Rises finally... good movie.  But at the end, after being treated to the little teases/hints Marvel movies threw in post credits on their movies, I found myself having to imagine my own little scene.(Batmans eyes opening to a white blurr that slowly fades as his eyes re-adjust... finding himself floating above the harbour, he suddenly looks up to see whats stopping him from falling, an arm with a blue sleeve holding onto his own, his eyes widen... end scene)

I definitely think a superman/batman combo is the way to go.  Assuming its success, individual Wonderwoman & Flash movies to follow before the big team up.  It would be a mistake to go with any more than four or five members.  I don't think you can right off individual movies like the flash as bad ideas...  I recall many were skeptical of some of the Marvel ones before they hit too.

Apes writers to handle JP4 (Article) - 6/22/2012 7:46:49 PM

perhaps the raptors being a pack animal(like wolves) can be raised from birth to be relativlely tame?

Apes writers to handle JP4 (Article) - 6/22/2012 7:45:22 PM

A long shot perhaps... but bare with me.  The writers of return of the planet of the apes, the story of a powerful animal given higher intellect.  Now they work on JP4.  They have raptors with supposedly higher intellect...  maybe it'll have some sort of attempted intergration story?

Slam Dunk Amazing Spider-Man Clip (Article) - 6/13/2012 2:31:49 AM

Meh...  still can't understand why they're doing another spiderman.  The only reason I don't consider further sequels for iron man & thor bad ideas, is because I would hope they'll contribute(at least to some small degree) to another avengers movie.  Spiderman is going to fail at the box office imo.

First Possession Trailer (Article) - 5/19/2012 11:36:12 PM

Based on a true story...  I'm sorry but that really pisses me off.  Why?  Because there are plenty of people who are stupid enough to believe it!  False advertising

Mania Box Office Report: Avengers Enters the Billion Dollar Club (Article) - 5/14/2012 6:48:44 PM

There are some surprises in that top list... alice in wonderland???  proof there is something wrong with the movie going community at large lol.  I gotta say, i'm abviously out of touch here.  I didn't think much of the dark knight, despite being aussie & loving heaths joker.  It was too long & christian bales voice was just laughable(reminded me of the over the top tough acting the kids love to see in wrestling)  Anywho, I doubt avengers will be challenged.  Perhaps there closest competition may come from somewhere ya'll forgot... the twilight finale?  The movie i'm most looking forward to now is Prometheus.

Mania Box Office Report: Avengers beats Potter (Article) - 5/6/2012 11:32:59 PM

It's a shame though,  errors have already been made with regards to a JL movie IMO.  Green lantern... shoulda been done better & ryan renolds should have been saved for the flash.  Michael Jai White would have been a better choice for the black green lantern.  & I don't know that Nolands view of Batman would be compatible with a JL movie??

Mania Box Office Report: Avengers beats Potter (Article) - 5/6/2012 11:27:46 PM

I'm happy to say I am one of the many who has & will contribute with my second trip to see Avengers last night.(2d this time, just as good!)

But I want to echo those who hope the guys at DC/WB are paying attention,  Let's do this already!  I want to see something from batman slipped into this next superman movie!!

THEDUCK1980'S MANIACAL PERSONA