All tjanson's Comments

Don Heck: A Work of Art - Book Review (Article) - 9/17/2014 8:32:50 AM

Domino...I am friends with Roy Thomas.  He has always contended that creating Ghost Rider...the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider...was a three man effort with Gary, Roy, and artist Mike Ploog.  Marvel has been shitty to Friedrich, not even letting him sign pictures of Ghost Rider.  For what its worth Marvel's western ghost rider was actually based on an early western character which Ayers had also co-created in the 1940s.  The thing is everyone in comics stole from others.  Batman was heavily influenced by pulp characters like The Shadow.  It's only an issue now because of the billions being made on films.

10 Heroes & Villains We Want to See in Gotham (Article) - 9/16/2014 8:55:39 AM

Blank.  good point.  Hanso...as far as Fox licensing everything batman...I will take your word for it.  I have not read that myself but I would be pretty shocked to hear any referneces to Ra's al GHul or the League of Assassins considering how prominent a role they played in Season 2 of Arrow.  Just sayin...

Don Heck: A Work of Art - Book Review (Article) - 9/16/2014 8:53:00 AM

Well Said Domino and Monkeyfoot

10 Heroes & Villains We Want to See in Gotham (Article) - 9/15/2014 1:28:10 PM

kinda weird a show about Batman or pre-batman being on Fox rather than the WB.  you have to wonder what they will have access to since some of the batman universe is already being utlized in Arrow with Ra's Al Ghul, the League of Assassins, etc

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Blu-ray Review (Article) - 9/11/2014 9:07:14 AM

Welll and for whatever reason when it comes to the recent Marvel releases including Thor 2, Cap 2, and Agents of Shield, Disney is only providing we critics with the disc(s) and not the actual retail versions as is usually the custom.  I guess Disney is just not making enough money...

When Marvel Got Diversity and Character Changes Right! (Article) - 8/6/2014 7:36:09 PM

Lusiphur it is vastly different...frogs, aliens, and big blond cameramen are not minorities that are catered to by the politically correct.  The issue is selling these changes to the general non-comic fan public as some monumental change when we know its just a publicity stunt, thereby cheapening these moves

When Marvel Got Diversity and Character Changes Right! (Article) - 8/4/2014 10:07:55 AM

I never found Shang Chi to be stereotyped or racist when you actually read the comics.  It may have started out as a sort of Bruce Lee wannabe but he was a very strong character morally.  Leiko Wu was also a very strong Asian character from the series.

When Marvel Got Diversity and Character Changes Right! (Article) - 8/4/2014 7:11:35 AM

Karas...thought about them but their makeup was pretty smilar to the new X-Men which I used instead as it ultimately had a much bigger impact on the business.

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/28/2014 8:46:49 AM

Karas is correct.  Frankly I feel making Captain America Black cheapens the move.  Not because he is black but because Marvel is saying, as I stated in my editorial, that they are incapable apparently of creating a new African American hero who will capture the interest of readers once the novelty wears off.  THAT is the point.  They are selling this to non-comic boo fans who have no idea how the comic book scene works.

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 11:12:49 AM

Blank..as I pointed out in my article Marvel has never lacked in diversity.  Since the beginning they have had a great number of strong female characters as well as  characters of different races and ethnicities.  To say they were lagging behind in diversity is patently incorrect

TJANSON'S MANIACAL PERSONA