All tjanson's Comments

When Marvel Got Diversity and Character Changes Right! (Article) - 8/6/2014 7:36:09 PM

Lusiphur it is vastly different...frogs, aliens, and big blond cameramen are not minorities that are catered to by the politically correct.  The issue is selling these changes to the general non-comic fan public as some monumental change when we know its just a publicity stunt, thereby cheapening these moves

When Marvel Got Diversity and Character Changes Right! (Article) - 8/4/2014 10:07:55 AM

I never found Shang Chi to be stereotyped or racist when you actually read the comics.  It may have started out as a sort of Bruce Lee wannabe but he was a very strong character morally.  Leiko Wu was also a very strong Asian character from the series.

When Marvel Got Diversity and Character Changes Right! (Article) - 8/4/2014 7:11:35 AM

Karas...thought about them but their makeup was pretty smilar to the new X-Men which I used instead as it ultimately had a much bigger impact on the business.

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/28/2014 8:46:49 AM

Karas is correct.  Frankly I feel making Captain America Black cheapens the move.  Not because he is black but because Marvel is saying, as I stated in my editorial, that they are incapable apparently of creating a new African American hero who will capture the interest of readers once the novelty wears off.  THAT is the point.  They are selling this to non-comic boo fans who have no idea how the comic book scene works.

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 11:12:49 AM

Blank..as I pointed out in my article Marvel has never lacked in diversity.  Since the beginning they have had a great number of strong female characters as well as  characters of different races and ethnicities.  To say they were lagging behind in diversity is patently incorrect

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 7:17:08 AM

Monkeyfoot...I'd actually say the first big such event was Crisis with the deaths of the Flash and Supergirl.  But the first major media was the Death or Robin where fans could vote on Robin's fate.  the issue is are these temporary spikes in interest worth alienating the longtime fans?

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 7:15:27 AM

The Strain: The Box Review (Article) - 7/21/2014 6:31:36 AM

I expected a bit of a step back after all the events in the first ep.  i think its developing fine

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/20/2014 10:53:28 AM

Samson...just because they are making a move for PC reasons does not necessarily make it about race.

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/17/2014 7:36:08 PM

Gentlemen and ladies...I was ready to offer an opinion on this but then decided I will instead craft an Op/Ed piece on this as well as the new Thor.

TJANSON'S MANIACAL PERSONA