All tog42's Comments

Rumor: Bradley Cooper for Indiana Jones? (Article) - 3/26/2014 1:08:43 PM

An interesting idea. I quite like Bradley Cooper but I think Jensen Ackles would suit the role better. You wouldn't need a big star, the character is the draw card for people.

John Williams Confirmed For Episode VII (Article) - 7/27/2013 6:18:36 PM

Fantastic news. Whatever my problems with the prequel trilogy, John Williams scores were not one of them. I may even prefer them to those of the original trilogy.

Mania Editorial: The Hobbit in 48fps HFR (Article) - 12/18/2012 7:25:13 PM

There's a poll on a local news site here in New Zealand about 48fps and while only a thousand respondents so far who'd seen it, 66.2% rated it as 'Amazing' and only 13.1% 'Hated it', with the balance undecided.

I had an adjustment period of about 10 minutes watching the film. I had the same thing when I switched to HDTV.

Mania Editorial: The Hobbit in 48fps HFR (Article) - 12/18/2012 1:49:16 AM

An interesting read. I saw the film in 48fps the second time and there was a definite period of acclimatisation to the new format. To start with it almost looked as if things were moving in high speed. Once I adjusted however it was amazing. The 3D became fully immersive for the first time in a film; it didn't stand out at all anymore it was just a natural part of the image. I didn't find that it made the sets and makeup look fake at all.

McKellen and Stewart for X-Men Sequel (Article) - 11/27/2012 11:52:32 PM

No Sir Ian at the Hobbit premiere but I did see Singer. I'm not sure if anyone else recognised him though.

WONDER WOMAN Caught on Set (Article) - 3/31/2011 1:13:41 AM

The costume is an improvement but she is still too scrawny and pale for Wonder Woman.

Wonder Woman Pilot Script Picked Apart (Article) - 2/2/2011 12:58:54 PM

*ugh* I think I just threw up a little bit.

My gf is a big WW fan and this is jettisoning pretty much everything she likes about her.

Disney Buys Back AVENGERS, IRON MAN 3 (Article) - 10/19/2010 10:25:17 PM

I thought Routh gave a very good performance in Superman Returns. Having now seen him in a couple of other roles on Chuck and in Scott Pilgrim he's got charisma and acting range that wasn't utilised in that film. My main disappointment with a reboot is that he wouldn't get another crack at the role and show some of the different facets of the character.

8 Characters We Hope to See in Iron Man 2 (Article) - 5/3/2010 3:21:15 AM

Yes there is an additional scene at the end of the credits.

Evans offered CAPTAIN AMERICA role (Article) - 3/21/2010 8:46:49 PM

Prior to Sunshine I couldn't have pictured Evans as Cap. His previous roles had shown his charisma but that one demonstrated some authority and conviction. He looks the part, I could get on board with this choice.

TOG42'S MANIACAL PERSONA